Rust and yellowing

DanDawg

Hey guys been a while since I've posted. I recently have taken my first swing at this beautiful art. But it's hardly art to start with lol. So I've been running three purple punch autos of two different ages one in 15l smart pot in canna terra seed mix soil(which someone found out fir me should be watered with water of pH 5.8) strange i know. Anyway that first one in soils been chopped now possibly the smallest plant ever I dunno for shits n giggs tho I'll put a pic of that harvest and roots up. But now my two younger girls who are in 5l pots each and in coco perlite 80 20 mix and they have grown nicely and have grown some beautiful purple full buds but they have another month yet and they are both getting covered in rust it's starting at the top leaves whilst the bottom leaves are turning ever so yellow. I'll attach photos please any help will be appreciated I'm hoping it's nothing that's gonna hinder my yeild

Attachments

• IMG_20200717_193700.jpg
    IMG_20200717_193700.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20200717_193654.jpg
    IMG_20200717_193654.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200717_193643.jpg
    IMG_20200717_193643.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20200717_193623.jpg
    IMG_20200717_193623.jpg
    871.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200717_193617.jpg
    IMG_20200717_193617.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20200717_123147.jpg
    IMG_20200717_123147.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
:welcome: @DanDawg
You've ocme to the right place for help my friend.
i don't wanna stear you the wrong way so ill call @Pennywise for ya!!!
mean while in my signature you can find a link to plant abuse chart. have a look in there and match your plant to the pics.
also, look for insects behind your leaves.

You’re feeding way to much nitrogen, that’s the main problem. It’s locking out calcium which is causing those rust spots. I would run a bunch of mild nute solution through the pot then just go with half of what you’re running now.

just don't smash it with gallons of water and overfill it.
they will rejuvenate again!!

Thanks for the knowledge bro. Since they've been flowering I've only fed them with bio bizz bloom and bb top max and a molasses feed on two separate occasions. Was thinking it was the heat as its summer rn my flats pretty warm Ive got a marshydro ts600 and two 125 watt cfls but the last week only had the led on yesterday had tk have 1 cfl on it was so damn hot. I don't let the temps bridge 30c try to keep it at 28 but weather's a demon rn. Looking forward to winter tho was thinking of trying training 1 big photo afterwards hopefully we get a nice cold winter

use ac to cool the tent down to 26c and keep humity at 40%

I gave it a flush through yesterday with phed water probably still moist today someone told me coco MUST be watered everyday but can't see how when mine take a couple days to dry up I use fab pots so I feel the weight and the moisture through the material. My temps are high I've got no ac and can't run an intake outside (which in this weather wouldn't do much good anyway). My humiditys been at 20 I've got an humidifier ill chuck it in now. Thanks guys

you are running a dry environment. i haven't personally growned in coco but i have read enough treads with members mentioning to feed coco everyday couple times. I am also surprised that your coco isn't drying quickly since you are running a dry environment.

Yeah I've read that and been told that a lot too I think I may be feeding them too much maybe and it's retaining water deeper in the pot as the sides feel moist the bottoms soaked but the top couple cm dried out. In 5l pots I'm putting a 1l thru each a day sometimes every day some days they're bit moist still they get a miss everytime I put a litre thru each I get enough run off that it almost fills the tray on some occasions. Should I maybe cut the volume in half and nutes down

i would take pennywise suggustion.
also, to ensure the top of the soil dosnt dry out quickly, you can trim some big leaves and drop them on top of your soil or cover it with aluminum foil so it reflects back to the plant

Much love bro I had to bleach out the humidifier obvs didn't leave it completely dry. Filled her up put her in there sat down on my bed two minutes look over I'm at 26.5 and 30 humidity beautiful. See i read that humidifiers aren't good for plants in flower

you can just make two towels wet and put it in the tent. You dont want somethign with high humidity since you are in flower. just keep watching it.

My humidifier can be dialled in which is cool I put it on full got temps down to 24 but hum 51 so I've put it down got it at 26.8 and 39 hum

Quick one guys followed your advice and I've got my humidifier in there temps came down drastically from 29 to like 23. Rh flew up sitting in between 40 and 45. I've turned all my lights on now as the temps are not as high I have the marshydro 600 on and both 125w cfls on my temps are now 25c and 41 rh. My question is is it still too much light even tho temps n rh are respectable.

just keep it in range and you should be fine. My temps fall to 20c at night with 50% humidity
i turn my exhust on at night so the humidity dosn't rise.

Think ive found issue why my leaves are all yellow droopy with purple stems. The soils not aerated enough even with 80 20 coco perl mix. So i think its staying too wet causing a lockout off some sort ive been supplementing with calmag along the way anyway. Im starting to think maybe the pots become root bound as it is a sizeable plant for a 5l pot. Pot feels moist n dense as hell water it two days ago. Bout to put half a lit of just phed water through her see if it helps. I also noticed that theres an abundance of root tips poking through the fabric pot thus why the thought of rootbound. Theyve only got say 20 days left and there autos would i be better off potting up or not bother kinda too late i woulda thought. The biggest and most effected one is still budding tho her top colas gone a bit nuts throwing calxyes out here there n everywhere not seen many plantd before form this way and ive seen alot of plants in my past. Thanks guys

Attachments

• 15953231286962446633763986512805.jpg
    15953231286962446633763986512805.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 29
don't flush it, you will only make it worse by not allowing air get to the roots.
I am not sure exactly what you've tried so far.
pennywise mention to reduce the feeding by half. Have you done that?

As I mentioned earlier it seems your not following the manufacturers feed schedule. It is a 7 bottle system and from what you posted it looks like you're feeding only two of the bottles out of 7. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The roots you are seeing coming out of the side of the fabric pot that is good.you are getting root pruning and that's one of the benefits of a fabric pot.Instead of getting root bound those roots prune themselves and go in another direction back into the pot.

Back
Top Bottom