Rust like spots on leaves

GoldenTaco

420 Member
Hello everyone...
I usually shy away from posting because I’ve had an experience before where people either wouldn’t answer my question or get mean for posting in the wrong spot.
Please excuse me if I’ve done this again. I just really need some help. I’ve searched tirelessly on the internet trying to find an answer and finally decided to try to ask.

I’ve found so many answers to my question which is “What do the rust like spots and color mean on my flowering plant’s leaves?”

I found these answers; too much nitrogen,
nutrient lockout, smoking cigarettes too close to my plant, roots too hot, rust fungus or mold, deficiency of some kind...

This discoloration isn’t on all my plants. Just 2 out of 25. The plants that have this rust are an auto flowering variety. Not sure of the strain’s name. But these 2 plants are pretty short too if that means anything. The rest of my plants are much taller but also different strains.

I’m growing outdoors. In soil. In pots made out of some kind of burlap material. I ph my water to be between 6.0-7.0 (usually around 6.5) I feed them Bloom 5-10-5 organic as per directions on the container. I water every other day. I watered a couple days in a row recently because the weather had been extremely hot 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

I live in California (northern) and we’ve had a lot of big wildfires around us recently. Lots of ash in the air and smoke from the fires. We weren’t evacuated but thought I’d include that info in case that had anything to do with my issue. The plants also have a lot of yellow leaves. Some with rust and some yellow with green veins.

I hope I have included enough info. I’ll try to include some photos to help with your recommendations.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and reply. Much love.
0A6A36A1-FED2-4BB3-9C66-24A54EC61638.jpeg
6E573DAB-A56E-4AB9-AAC7-F3BD04760A8E.jpeg
0E89A3F1-E173-42B0-BE89-3BA5917D72F0.jpeg
193A18D0-5CBD-472A-BB53-8C3FA05ECC7C.jpeg

Hello everyone...
I usually shy away from posting because I’ve had an experience before where people either wouldn’t answer my question or get mean for posting in the wrong spot.
Please excuse me if I’ve done this again. I just really need some help. I’ve searched tirelessly on the internet trying to find an answer and finally decided to try to ask.

I’ve found so many answers to my question which is “What do the rust like spots and color mean on my flowering plant’s leaves?”

I found these answers; too much nitrogen,
nutrient lockout, smoking cigarettes too close to my plant, roots too hot, rust fungus or mold, deficiency of some kind...

This discoloration isn’t on all my plants. Just 2 out of 25. The plants that have this rust are an auto flowering variety. Not sure of the strain’s name. But these 2 plants are pretty short too if that means anything. The rest of my plants are much taller but also different strains.

I’m growing outdoors. In soil. In pots made out of some kind of burlap material. I ph my water to be between 6.0-7.0 (usually around 6.5) I feed them Bloom 5-10-5 organic as per directions on the container. I water every other day. I watered a couple days in a row recently because the weather had been extremely hot 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

I live in California (northern) and we’ve had a lot of big wildfires around us recently. Lots of ash in the air and smoke from the fires. We weren’t evacuated but thought I’d include that info in case that had anything to do with my issue. The plants also have a lot of yellow leaves. Some with rust and some yellow with green veins.

I hope I have included enough info. I’ll try to include some photos to help with your recommendations.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and reply. Much love.
0A6A36A1-FED2-4BB3-9C66-24A54EC61638.jpeg
6E573DAB-A56E-4AB9-AAC7-F3BD04760A8E.jpeg
0E89A3F1-E173-42B0-BE89-3BA5917D72F0.jpeg
193A18D0-5CBD-472A-BB53-8C3FA05ECC7C.jpeg
Strange looks like led burn

@GoldenTaco
That rust you are referring to seems to be early purpling on some leaves. My Black Water is experiencing the same thing. I usually see that show up later in the season when the temps dip. I am in California as well. (Contra Costa) Despite the recent heat spell, we also experienced a few cold nights as well. That was when my showed.

That other yellow leaf is okay as the plant is chewing up it's reserves and getting ready to finish.

@GoldenTaco
That rust you are referring to seems to be early purpling on some leaves. My Black Water is experiencing the same thing. I usually see that show up later in the season when the temps dip. I am in California as well. (Contra Costa) Despite the recent heat spell, we also experienced a few cold nights as well. That was when my showed.

That other yellow leaf is okay as the plant is chewing up it's reserves and getting ready to finish.

Thank You SO Much. Very helpful and mind calming answer!

looks like they need a little pk boost , also check for bugs i seen little specs , ( mites ) maybe ? did you feed much bloom nutes

No. Those are not bugs. We’ve had many wildfires near us and everything is covered in ash. From the fires.
Okay. PK boost. I’ll try that.
yes I’ve been giving them Bloom as per labeled directions.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom