Rust Spot help: pics

I have a pH pen. Previously before stoping cal mend and b 52 it was on a constant rise. Then when I stopped cal mend and b 52 and added uc roots it was completely stable. Then after a week pH started dropping. So far since starting the formula you recommend plus 2ml/g uc roots its rising again.

I was doing a full system check today and found my exhaust fan was barely moving any air because... oops.. my prefilter was caked in dust. Removed the prefilter to clean it now. Could stale air or lake of airflow cause this issue?

Since starting your formula plus 2ml/g uc roots it was stable a few days then started dropping. The formula strenght is 50% atm.

I have a pH pen. Previously before stoping cal mend and b 52 it was on a constant rise. Then when I stopped cal mend and b 52 and added uc roots it was completely stable. Then after a week pH started dropping. So far since starting the formula you recommend plus 2ml/g uc roots its rising again.
Since starting your formula plus 2ml/g uc roots it was stable a few days then started dropping. The formula strenght is 50% atm.
So it was rising, and now dropping?

Is your pH pen good quality, properly calibrated, stored, etc?

Do you have an EC pen yet?

Most likely the cause of the rise was excessive potassium leaching back. Most likely you'll need to change the res again. It's like getting water out of an engine.

So I followed your formula and my plant developed what I suspect is an iron deficiency I think due to excess phosphorus so I mad the gro micro and bloom 1:blushsmile:1. This was the difrence after 6 hours.

Attachments

• CollageMaker_20200316_003807316.jpg
    CollageMaker_20200316_003807316.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
So I followed your formula and my plant developed what I suspect is an iron deficiency I think due to excess phosphorus so I mad the gro micro and bloom 1:blushsmile:1. This was the difrence after 6 hours.

Did you replace the nutrients after using the 50% strength mix to leach out the excess?

So I was using 50% strength when the deficiency started so I switched to 100%. With no improvement I added gro to make the ratio 1:blushsmile:1 and it started to get better.
CollageMaker_20200316_092046841.jpg

Each pic is 6 hours apart after adding the gro.

What you put in was almost identical to my suggested mix, just without the b-vitamins and silicon. The reason my mix failed, is because it was supposed to only be run until the nutrients were leached from the plant. Once the nutrients were fully leached, the solution would be imbalanced, which is why I suggested to dump and refill with fresh nutes at that point. Regardless, you should be in the clear. Just keep an eye on your EC and pH now, and you'll be fine with either mix. The reason for the deficiency, is the unbalanced nutes probably destroyed the chelate on the iron ions, and also locked out a bunch of micros. It's like removing water from an engine. You drain it, run it, drain it, run it, drain it. Just be aware that you should probably dispose of these nutrients when they get low, and don't top them off. The batch after that will be stabilized, and can be added back with required strength nutrients like normal. Good luck!

135 N
60 P
160 K
100 Ca
31 Mg
20 S
2 Fe
4 Si

140 N
61 P
164 K
100 Ca
40 Mg
20 S
2 Fe

So your formula was meant to leach out exess nutrients? I thought it was supposed to be a feed formula for veg?
It is a balanced veg formula. After you leach a plant down from excess, the nutes have to be discarded, as the leached nutrients alters the formula. That's why the fresh grow micro bloom were stable.

What I was using when the deficiency started was your formula. All I did was add gro to make the 1:blushsmile:1 ratio. So was it your formula that leached the exess nutrients or was it cause by me adding the gro?

What I suggested to do:
"If you want to save your plants, I would use this formula at 50% strength. Mix RO water with full strength 50/50, or simply add RO water until the EC is half of full-strength. This is what you could call a low strength flush. When you first apply it, the mobile nutrients at much higher concentrations in the plant, will leach into the solution, likely raising the EC. Don't be alarmed by this, it's normal. Just adjust the pH, and keep adding the 50% strength until you start seeing the EC drop between top ups. When it starts dropping, drain and replace the solution. You can then start at about 60%, and keep adding higher strength nutrients until the EC stops dropping. In veg, I like to see a slight EC drop between feedings, like 0.1. No point in pushing a vegging plant hard. "

"What I was using when the deficiency started was your formula. All I did was add gro to make the 1:blushsmile:1 ratio. So was it your formula that leached the exess nutrients or was it cause by me adding the gro?"

The formula was supposed to leach the excess Nitrogen. The deficiency was because you didn't do the res change after the leaching period.

As the plant drinks do I top up with pH water or 50% solution. My plant hadnt been drinking enough to need to top up between weekly res changes so idk if I just add water or butes aswell.

Since you're only using 50%, you should add back 50%.
If I remember correctly, you don't have an EC pen. The pH should rise when underfeeding. Increase the strength until the pH rise can be managed once daily, or every other day. Probably somewhere around 80-90% strength. Temp, humidity, airflow, and strain will decide this. Underfeeding isn't an issue, as long as the pH is manageable, and deficiencies aren't showing.

Back
Top Bottom