Rust spots and leaves curling up

Okydoky420

Strain - Skunk Auto
# of Plants -3
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Flower
Bucket Size - 4 Gallon
Lights - Marshydro TSW2000
Nutrients - Homemade eggshell calcium 2ml and FF grow 2-3ml ,1 tsp Blackstrap molasses, all starting in week 4
Medium - Fox Farm OF and HF 60/40 mix and about 10% Perlite
PPM - 450 tops
PH - 6.2 - 6.5 water, cheap soil meter says soil is between 7 and 8
RH - 30% to 45%
Room Temperature -74 to 82
Solution Temperature -66-67 F
Room Square Footage - 2 1/2 x 5
Pests - gnats

Problem: on 2 plants my leaves are curling up drying out and dying. Any ideas? All 3 planted same time 1 is beautiful no problems. 2 flowered at 3rd week 1 flowered at 6th weeks, both started this issue a week after flowering began. Pics are of 1 of 3rd week bloomer The 6th week bloomer is just starting to get the spots and curling leaves.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 147
Have you done a Flush? What are you feeding them in flower? Flowering plants need Seabird guano or flowering fertilizer, I would take those photos to a hydroponic store and ask. Maybe a Roots Organics liquid fertilizer at 1200 ppm. I hate to see you come so far and lose them now.

Have you done a Flush? What are you feeding them in flower? Flowering plants need Seabird guano or flowering fertilizer, I would take those photos to a hydroponic store and ask. Maybe a Roots Organics liquid fertilizer at 1200 ppm. I hate to see you come so far and lose them now.
i havent feed them much but 2-3ml of FF grow . I did a partial flush with only about a 1 1/2 gallons of 6.4 water 3 days ago , no change. I also added last night 1 Tbsp of Dr earth dry organic green bag and 1 tbsp of the pink bag/bloom, again way less than called for

Could be the gnats have laid enough eggs and their larvae are eating the roots, I had problems with Fox Farm once.
Ive had the yellow gnat traps on the soil since about week 3-4, caught 10- 15 gnat right away then its kinda stayed the same since, not really caught to many but i seen 1 last night so i know they are still there.

This is why I ditched soil. I couldn’t diagnose these things myself quite easily. But if you say your ph is good and your nutes are good then the only other thing I can think of is either bud rot or root rot based on the pictures. But as I stopped soil last year I wouldn’t be the best person.
Hmm did you add any new lights?
It looks like all the new growth near the top is being effected. Could be you got some nutrient problem also. Maybe nutrient burn but that’s me and I’m not the best person for this.

This is why I ditched soil. I couldn’t diagnose these things myself quite easily. But if you say your ph is good and your nutes are good then the only other thing I can think of is either bud rot or root rot based on the pictures. But as I stopped soil last year I wouldn’t be the best person.
Hmm did you add any new lights?
It looks like all the new growth near the top is being effected. Could be you got some nutrient problem also. Maybe nutrient burn but that’s me and I’m not the best person for this.
I use real lemon to decrease PH in my water so there may be a slight fluctuation. I also calibrated my new cheapo pen for the first time so not sure thats correct. TSW2000 is new but its my first grow with it, i started out at 25% and gradually turned it up to 90% at the end of week 2, I actually turned it back down to about 75% when i noticed the spots starting to appear.

yes but ive had the yellow sticky traps since about week 3-4
Those sticky pieces of cardboard only trap the insect once it is flying. The insect starts off in the soil as a small larvae and then when it matures it changes into a flying insect. After that all they do is fly around and lay new eggs. The damage is done when the larvae are in the ground eating roots.

Unless you have the entire surface of the soil covered in the sticky cards it would be really hard to catch every gnat that flyies up out of the soil. I have seen them fly out from the drainage holes in the bottoms of the pots.

Read the article that Newbill10 found. The basics for gnat control are there. I got rid of them by keeping the soil surface dry for several days and by using the Mosquito Bits which are a loose granules. Mosquitoe Dunks are round doughnut shapes which will also work but I had to break those up and put them in the water jug overnight. The bits are just sprinkled over the surface of the soil and watered in. Does not take a lot so a small bottle of Mosquito Bits will last a long, long time. Then after several days I work the Bits that are laying on top into the top 1/2 to 1 inch of soil.

Other methods are mentioned in the article.

Maybe see what @Emilya thinks. She’s probably your best bet to bring her back.

Ok first I really have to say, I really really appreciate the feedback. So this is what I did, got Neem oil premade spray bottle. I took off the top 2-3 inches of soil down to the root mass, spayed that real good with Neem then replaced that soil with fresh Happy Frog and sprayed that down also, 2 of the girls were lite so I gave them 6.3ph water in the tray so they can drink from the bottom, I let them absorb water for about a 15-20 minutes and then drained the trays. Hope that does the trick.

Back
Top Bottom