Rusty Old Grower

JimJonesJr

Hello 420mag. I have been lurking around this site for a while now and finally decided to join the fun. I am a disabled veteran and I use cannabis for a multitude of ailments even though it is not actually accepted here in the deep south. This region prefers to live in the stone age. Republican Bible thumpers rule the state and suppress our avenue to medical access. Damn shame but a real and ugly fact. Last year I cracked some White Widow seeds and completed a small container grow for seed. I now have ten yrs worth..lol. Since that time I have two more strains to add to this year's grow (BlueBerry/Kush and Scooby Snacks#1) but no more seed grows for me. Only clones after this year unless I buy more beans this fall. Currently I am weeks into a modest outdoor grow which is doing good. It's been many years since I've grown at this level. Hence the reason I've joined your forum. I'm rusty on grow info and after over a decade of being on the sidelines I've got a lot of reading to catch up on. Thanks for letting me in the door. I look forward to meeting some of you fine growers.

:welcome:

Welcome to 420 Mag @JimJonesJr will you be starting a grow journal soon?

Yes I will and thanks for the welcome. I built a 14x32 hoop greenhouse this year. It's a new way of growing for me but I'm making it happen.

Welcome JimJonesjr! Good to see you landed here. What method of growing are you interested in?

Thanks for the welcome. For now it's a basic soil grow. In the past I've used hydro bubblers and Coco. Usually no mater what I grow in a scrog screen is involved and that has carried over into my current greenhouse grow. I have two large screens vegging up at the moment. I'm guessing I have about a month more to veg before they start stretching. If I can manage 2/3 full screens before they start I should get a nice even canopy. We shall see. Like I said it's a learning grow.

I’d love to have a big greenhouse with plenty of vertical space.

It is nice to have the headroom and the light footprint from 94.4 million miles away is pretty awesome too...lol. Even though I do have headroom I am using a scrog to keep them under control. I have 5 not under the screen but I'm not expecting any trees from them since they weren't started until around memorial day.

Sure can but.....where I am just what I have now would probably net me about 15yrs. Sickening to think that in this day n age something like that can still happen but it is a very real fact here.

Welcome to the forum @JimJonesJr :welcome:

Hello 420mag. I have been lurking around this site for a while now and finally decided to join the fun. I am a disabled veteran and I use cannabis for a multitude of ailments even though it is not actually accepted here in the deep south. This region prefers to live in the stone age. Republican Bible thumpers rule the state and suppress our avenue to medical access. Damn shame but a real and ugly fact.
Damn man, why did you have to bring up political affiliations in a cannabis forum :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: most of us come here to escape that crap :ciao: kind of like how I used to watch sports for the same reason :hmmmm: we're ... I'm not interested in political affiliations, or what color, or what religion you are...we all have a love of cannabis, and that should be enough, fuck all the rest of the world, this is our world, and we all get along here...well, better than the outside world anyhow :thumb:

Welcome to the forum @JimJonesJr :welcome:

Damn man, why did you have to bring up political affiliations in a cannabis forum :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: most of us come here to escape that crap :ciao: kind of like how I used to watch sports for the same reason :hmmmm: we're ... I'm not interested in political affiliations, or what color, or what religion you are...we all have a love of cannabis, and that should be enough, fuck all the rest of the world, this is our world, and we all get along here...well, better than the outside world anyhow :thumb:
Holy crap man relax. Did I go on and on about this subject? NO! It's just facts dude. Thanks for cracking the forum whip. Now that we've both got all that sheeeet outta the way can we just be friends and grow...lol

:welcome: :rofl:
got any pics?

:welcome: :rofl:
got any pics?
Thanks for the welcome PK1. Yes, I have pics. I'm going to start a grow journal soon and throw some in there for sure.

Thanks for the welcome PK1. Yes, I have pics. I'm going to start a grow journal soon and throw some in there for sure.
awesome, make sure to include the link to your journal in your signature. :thumb:

Thanks for the welcome. For now it's a basic soil grow. In the past I've used hydro bubblers and Coco. Usually no mater what I grow in a scrog screen is involved and that has carried over into my current greenhouse grow. I have two large screens vegging up at the moment. I'm guessing I have about a month more to veg before they start stretching. If I can manage 2/3 full screens before they start I should get a nice even canopy. We shall see. Like I said it's a learning grow.
I have a scrog going now about the same age. Just waiting for the day.

awesome, make sure to include the link to your journal in your signature. :thumb:
Yes, there are questions I have on some things that would be good to get answers to in a journal instead of throwing out questions in the ask questions forum. What's the saying? The dumbest question is the one not asked...lol. It's amazing how much I've forgotten and how much I have to learn. I really like this forum.

I have a scrog going now about the same age. Just waiting for the day.
Thank you for sharing that. I'ma head over to your thread and check it out.

Welcome aboard!! Old time grower here also and have always been outside. Retired military and 100% disabled combat vet. Also retired NASA, so you know I have been around for a bit. I kinda did the same thing as you, hung around reading all the time then figured I would join up to learn more. Ya got a big house for the area you described, but I am sure you got an idea of what you are doing. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom