RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL's

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

oh no, i can see them sayin somethin now :( I know how you feel, im in the same perdicament, i've been usin the same bulbs for three grows now, luckily their still workin.. I keep hearing all this good stuff about the BPN, Cant wait to give a try!!! And yes indeed them clones are growin like crazy, mines are also growin like crazy, i thought they would have been done stretching by now but nope they keep gettin closer and closer to the lights, hopefully they dont do it too much more..

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

thanks for the help, mr. krip, as usual, you're an angel, and I can never thank you enough. and to everyone else that replied to me here with all these kind and positive words of encouragement....it means a lot to me. I had another long day yesterday, out on the bike all afternoon so it kicked my butt, and I'm in bed all day today...I still have to make to the bathroom again to mist the clones, they are in there alone now, as I have moved Jackie back into the closet with the fast maturing first batch of clones that are rapidly approaching the time when they will be ready to flip...Jackie's MORE than ready! lol! She's a great plant, and I know that if she hadn't have split like that, that she would have continued to make a good mom plant...but I'm just concerned for one thing, if she get's another 6-12 inches taller before the flip, she most likely WON'T have enough room in my closet, and it's only about 5 & 1/2 ft wide, 27" deep and 50" tall closet space below the hanger bar, which is what I hang the lights and attach the fan ducting to, and the light fixture hangs down from that another 9-10" minimum, so that's about 40-42" tall I have at the most, between the light bulbs and the top of the canopy.
Anyways, check this one last thing before I go back to sleep, cuz I'm so tired it hurts...
So yesterday while I was out so long was because I was at the new hydroponics shop that opened up here in my small town, that has not only that stuff, but general mmj growing nutes and other supplies we usually order on the internet, or in another store like this if you live in the bigger city areas like Phx., but anyways, so I'm in ther a while, and I'm looking at the lights, and he has a package deal, on a 1000watt HPS reflector hood with the 8" duct opening, a remote ballast, and the bulb itself, all for only $350!!!!!!! And it wasn't garbage either....I can't think of the name right now in my fuzzy brain that keeps falling asleep as I finish this right now, but it was good, and I will get the brand names for you, but the best part is this! he said he's sell me a 400 watt system, same thing, and I CAN switch the bulbs out I believe, for only $300, and that WILL fit my closet, and DOUBLE my yield he says...If I get a Hortilux bulb I believe I saw that theirs has like 40,000 lumens going on!!!!! SoI am on a quest to sell some of our unused stuff in our storage unit and get the money I need to get this package deal from my new best buddy in town, the new hydro/grow shop here! so it was a long, yet productive day, and very worth this what hurts now,& how exhausted I am, even after the am pain meds & a vape session of the last of the nasty schwag I have right now and a tiny bit of the little bit I had left that wasn't put away for savings, my last 3 top, biggest buds, which only weigh about maybe 5-8 grams I'm just guessing, at the most. And I want to save that, even if I run out for a few days, I won't use the very last of it when I know my compassionate friend will come thru for me and get me some as soon as he possibly can. It won't be too long, it never is....so that's it, sorry if I rambled or didn't make sense, I tried too but I'm just too tired right now, and I gota sign off.I'll be back on later today with pics of the plants and the new set ups!

Much much love and thanks to ALL of you out there! 420mag.com staff and mods and all that they do to facilitate this awesome site for us....I love it....and you guys...and girls...thank you all again, peace, RVG:thanks::circle-of-love:

i saw a rebuilt 400watt hps on ebay for $90 + $25ship & since u already have the compacts to veg with....don't wanna waste anything.

maybe RV decided to do a SUPER-DUPER stealth grow. or maybe she's trying to buy that light.

Hey there sukafr33, sorry yeah, I was sick for a week or so. And I have been recovering and all, trying to tend to the plants and not let them die as I have to hand water them, and then we had a shitload of family drama that's been goin on for a week or so, and the wife was on a 9 day straight stretch at work, cuz someone took vacation time, so yeah, life got the best of me the last 10-12 days or whatever it's been. And I have a NUGGET from my plant that I harvested last month, Xena, that I gotta get into the Nug o the Month contest! So I need to post all the pics of the clones and how they have turned into plants about 8 inches tall just since I was last on here!
I hope to get the pics up later tonight or tomorrow, but believe me, they are gonna blow your mind!

Thanks for thinkin of me bro! That was freakin cool of ya my dude! Much love and respect, and many happy green harvests to you forever my friend!:love::love::love::thanks:
lol it looks like everybody took a couple days off.. whats goin on over there RV??

PAWPAW you are soooo funny man! rotflmao! Yeah it's SO stealth now, even I don't know anything about it! lololol! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
maybe RV decided to do a SUPER-DUPER stealth grow. or maybe she's trying to buy that light.

well, it just seemed like u went "UNDERGROUND", all of a sudden.

well im glad to see your back and that everythings ok!!! and thats crazy cause the same things are goin on over here, still tryna get over this little chest problem i have, coughin up nasty shit, but life goes on lol, and thats gotta suck tryna take care of all them plants while your sick, gotta suck, but yea im glad your back and everythings everything!!! :thumb: :tokin:

Okay everybody, I am SO SO SO SORRY that I dropped off the face of the planet for a few weeks...I just couldn't keep up with everything...I had to pull together all my energy just to take care of the plants! Lucky for me that MJ likes to dry out once in a while, huh? lol! Anyways, I had to restrict the momma plant, Jackie, and kept her on like the "seedling" strength nutes so she wouldn't get all bushy and grow like 10 feet tall before she even got into flower, you know? I can't let her go into flower until at least Monday night, if my NEW LIGHTS COME IN!!!!!!!!! Yep!!! You heard that right! I FINALLY saved up enough money, and that's another thing, I was consumed with researching my BEST deal, which I FINALLY FOUND, on Ebay! like one of you out there told me to try a while back, and I had to do a crap load of computer work ( another reason I wasn't on here enough lately) to get my acct's back in order so I could bid on stuff, then, ironically, of course!, I ended up never getting everything fixed and bought from an Ebay seller that let me order on the phone and use my credit card,So I found a 400 watt HPS kit, with a dimmable ballast, the reflector, and the bulb, & cords, all for less than $150 including the shipping! My 1st choice was a better kit, with a digital ballast, yo-yo hangars, the MH conversion bulb, and such, for about $250 plus shipping and all, it would've been about $275 to $300, but I think that was a good deal. Well, anyways, I am VERY happy with what I got in the end, because it's from a reputable dealer- HTG! High Tech Garden supply! So I have a 5 year warranty on the ballast i got, and 1 year on the bulb! I am VERY VERY HAPPY to know I will be able to flower out my 15 sq.ft. properly this time around, and I should have a proper net weight this time as well, I am praying! I might do a bit of CO2 this time, and some molasses too, besides the regular BPN regimen. So up next will be the pics I have taken since last time, obviously, over the last 4 days...

RV! Glad you're back! And, just in time to vote for the contests! (hint, hint!) ;)

Congrat's on the new lights! :yahoo:

Here is a top shot of clone #1:
9_25_11_Top_shot_of_clone_1.jpg

Clone #1 from the side...
9_25_11_Clone_1_from_the_side.jpg

Jackie- my momma plant, an "Emerald Jack", feminized, from seed about 3 months or so ago...now she's my 1st "momma", the 1st one I ever took clones from...
9_25_11_Jackie_is_waiting_to_flower_.jpg

Here is the grow closet, and Jackie is on the far left..her 1st 5 clones are to her right.
9_25_11_Jackie_on_far_L_her_1st_5_clones_i_took_about_4-5_weeks_ago_to_the_R_.jpg

A top shot of clone #2..
9_25_11_Top_shot_of_clone_2.jpg

Side view of clone #5...
9_25_11_Side_view_of_Clone_5.jpg

Side view of clone #2...
9_25_11_Side_view_of_clone_2.jpg

Side view of clone #4....
9_25_11_Side_view_of_clone_4.jpg

The back end of my bath room is where I veg all my plants nowdays...and store my nutes and such.
9_25_11_The_back_of_bathroom_its_where_i_started_all_my_plants_.jpg

The "lil' monsters" as I like to call them, are drinking up 2-3 gallons of nutes a week now....a good sign!
9_25_11_The_lil_monsters_r_goin_thru_about_2_to_3_gals_a_week.jpg

A top shot of clone #1 on the 25th...
9_25_11_Top_shot_of_clone_11.jpg

A top shot of clone #2 on the 25th...
9_25_11_Top_shot_of_clone_21.jpg

A top shot of clone #4 on the 25th...
9_25_11_Top_shot_of_clone_4.jpg

A top shot of clone #5 on the 25th....
9_25_11_Top_shot_of_clone_5.jpg

A pic of Jackie, who is starving to death almost! I've had her on super-light nutes to keep her from getting too big before flowering...
9_29_11_Jackie_is_starving_wanting_2_flower.jpg

Side of clone #1 on the 29th...
9_29_11_Side_of_clone_1.jpg

This is my grow, that is, flowering closet, tonight, the 29th of September, 2011.
9_29_11_The_grow_room_tonight_ready_2_flower_.jpg

The inside of clone #3 and you can see all her new leaves growing in there so thick...
9_29_11_The_inside_new_leaves_on_clone_3.jpg

The side of clone #4 on the 29th...
9_29_11_The_side_of_clone_4.jpg

The top of clone #4 on the 29th...
9_29_11_The_top_of_Clone_4.jpg

The top of clone #5 on the 29th...
9_29_11_The_top_of_Clone_5.jpg

The top of clone #3 on the 29th...
9_29_11_Top_of_clone_3.jpg

The top of clone #1 on the 29th...
9_29_11_top_of_clone_1.jpg

Well, there they are...I am supposed to receive my new 400 watt HPS flowering light kit on Monday, and hope to put them into 12/12 that day....in fact, I'm sure I will. Then I will have 6 in flower as of that day. Then I hope to have 5 more or so go into flower a month or so later...I'm going to pull my best plant before Monday to be the next momma plant. Since this one has had an injury and stress and all, I want to let her flower out and just pull the next nicest, best quality plant to be the next "mother plant". So that's what's happening here....Again, I apologize for not being a better member this past 3 or so weeks...just ben so rough on me, took another step down on the morphine, which is a great thing, but it hurts me bad for a week, sometimes 2 or 3...just depends....Anyways, I'm just like 3 or 4 steps from being completely off the long-acting morphine. That makes it all worth it...plus I found a friend up here that has some decent Blueberry that is working for my needs right now, so I couldn't be happier! I just hope my body catches up to my mind, and becomes as happy too, someday.

I wish you all nothing but green and healthy harvests at all times, and safe and happy living for all my friends out there in 420-land....

Peace and Bright Blessings to all of you out there that were thinking of me and checking up on me....I appreciate your thoughts and prayers...as I pray for and think of all of you as well.

Blessed Be....:green_heart::circle-of-love::peace::420::thanks:

Oh yeah, that's another thing! I had a few shots of Xena's top bud and some of the Blue Dream I got a while back and some of the Blueberry I got last week, that I was considering to put into this month's NOTM contest, and I couldn't even get to that! THAT'S how crazy busy or just plain, unable I have been, this past month, to keep things going along without an issue...I just couldn't keep all the balls in the air....But I don't care...I'm not here to win contests....I mean, sure, it's a nice feeling I bet to win a contest that's voted on by your peers, the only "real" contest as far as I'm concerned. Anyways, yeah, I think things are getting better for me in the grand scheme of things...I mean, I'm FINALLY going to own some proper lights! YEA!!!!!! THAT alone, is like an early Christmas present to myself. But I knew, that if I didn't invest in these more efficient lights, I'd be throwing away my money every month by not getting the most out of my plant's potential harvest.
And Yeah, I've missed you all as well, my dear friend...and I felt crummy not being able to get on here and just tell you all what was going on sooner than this....I thought I remembered making one update a week or so ago... I thought...
Anyways, I can't wait to show off the new light kit on Monday night...till then, I will vote on the contests, I haven't even SEEN what's up for the showing this month on any of them! Okay, I will look forward to all the latest info from all of you when I see your grows, another thing I am behind on and will get started on tomorrow, and that'll take me a few weeks or more just to catch up on the 20 some odd grows that I'm following....

Thx Krip, for saying hello, before anyone else, as usual, my dear friend...You'd be an excellent bro to hang out with I bet....too bad we are only bros in cyberspace...so here's a big ol toke of Blueberry for ya, I wish you were here tokin' on the vape or smokin' a blunt, whichever you'd prefer...

:love::love::love:
RV! Glad you're back! And, just in time to vote for the contests! (hint, hint!) ;)

Congrat's on the new lights! :yahoo:

no no no i believe i was the first lol, but anyway im just glad to see your doin ok, and congrats on the new lights!!! cant wait to see'em!!! i found this website where you can get an entire hydro grow room for 99.99, might not be top of the line stuff but it has everything you could posibly need, i also cant wait to get some new lights, i wanna try to find somethin that will fit neatly in my cab, hopefully i can when i get some work and save a couple dollars my damn self, but untill then i'll have to keep pushin these cfls to the max..but again im glad to see your back, i know what you mean about the plants bein a bit overwhelming when you dont have the energy in the first place you know, but your doin an amazing job, them clones look sooo good, your definitely a green thumb now lol!!!!

RVG, you have a green thumb. I love following this grow! This is a textbook example of what organics can do. Keep up the good work and glad to see you back :)

RVG, you have a green thumb. I love following this grow! This is a textbook example of what organics can do. Keep up the good work and glad to see you back :)

Well said, those plants look uber healthy RV - Nice job! :bravo:

Glad you're okay and BPN is right, that's one green thumb... or is it a toe? :)

Hey every one out there...yeah, I got sick again, which put me down for about the last week or so, and last Monday when I got my 400 watt HPS from HTG Supply...Super sweet to have a proper light now, and heat isnt an issue, got some rope rachets too,

And then the bad news, my momma actually developed a Magnesium lock-out/deficiency due to the hugh tap water ppm here- average of 200, PLUS! I used WAY too much Vermiculite in my soil mix, PLUS I have it at about 35-40%FFOF in my mix, which is a kinda hot mix, PLUS I had all this extra grow time that I didn't expect, waiting for the smaller plants to be big enough to go into flower, and thats exactly when the Mag. lockout symptoms started, i.e. twisting of a few leaves, and yellowing out of other leaves then dark brown small spots are developing throughout the yellowing leaves. So I tried to flush good last tues or wed with epsom salts treated water and flushed all the plants, espec. the really sick momma, which I also put into a soft "smart pot" -5 gallon size, putting perlite on the bottom 2" and another inch or so all around after we got her in there, to try to give her some drainage...I went to the hydro store we finally have here in town now, took my leaves w/ me, and confirmed the Mg lock out due to hard water cal locking out the Mg...so he told me to flush them for a few days with as much plain R/O water as possible for a few days (since I am limited in getting the R/O here to the home, just got 1 5 gal bottle that cost 12 bucks, then its 1.50 to fill it at the machine at the store 2 miles or so away...but we did it last night and they just got wet i think, didn't "flush" them for sure, but have no more $ till thurs, then it's poss. i may get 1 more 5 gal bottle or 2 to use, and even try to get some single gallon bottles to take w/ me to get as much as I can.) He said to flush her really good with PLAIN R/O for a few days, that'll just give her NO cal, and with me then after a few days, adding the CAL/MAG I bought also from him, after a few days, that way the water is perfect and I just add the cal mag...PRAY FOR MY GROW! THE 4 PLANTS IN THERE WITH JACKIE THE OLDER MOM, ARE STARTING TO SHOW THE A-TYPICAL BURN SPOTS ON THEIR LEAVES IN JUST A FEWW SPOTS! THATS WHY I HAVE TO FIX THIS NOW B4 I LOSE THEM! SO I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO SAVE THEM, PROB. GOING TO PUT THEM IN COCO BELOW, BY PULLING THEM OUTTA THEIR POTS, LETTING ALL THE EXTRA WET SOIL MIX FALL OFF AND THEN PUTTING THEM BACK WITH COCO UNDERNEATH AND ALL AROUND THEM, AGAIN, FOR DRAINAGE...I CAN GET A "BALE" THAT EXPANDS TO FILL A BIG TOTE WHEN U WET IT AT THE HYDRO STORE, SO I MAY DO THAT, SINCE THE HUGE CUBUC YARD BAG OF PERLITE IS THE SAME PRICE, BUT I WANT TO TRY THE COCO...IVE HEARD THAT MJ LOVES IT, WELL ACCORDING TO PROPA GATOR! LOL, AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT USES IT...AGAIN, SORRY MY PERSONAL SICKNESS AND THEN THE MG PROB. HAVE KEPT ME AWAY SO MUCH AGAIN LATELY, BUT I DO HAVE PICS COMING! I PROMISE! OH I AM SO SORRY I TYPED ALL IN CAPS AFTER THAT 1 POINT I WANTED TO MAKE1Duh! Shut it off, ding dong! lololol! SEE!? this is my life right now....still catching up and trying to hang in there at the same time...but I WILL be in some of the upcoming contests this month, so I'm looking forward to that...those are always fun! okay, gotta go gather pics and go thru the long process of getting them up on here later today...

Much love to all and thx for ur support and understanding!:Namaste::love::circle-of-love:

Hey RVG! I hope you're feeling better and best thoughts and wishes are with you for a speedy recovery. I do wish the same for your plant, but YOU come first! :)

I'm not sure you need the cal-mag, unless you plan on investing in an R/O system or just feeding R/O water, especially with 200ppm tap water!

Feel better!

Hey there Mr. K, yeah, that's the plan, according to the hydro guy...he seems to know as much as you guys do when we have been talking..He looked up the leaves diagnoses as well in his growing bible, and we confirmed that it's a definite Mg deficincy, due to too much Cal apparrantly from the high ppms in the tap water and all the other dumb things I did trying to tackle organics and soil al at once, smooth move on my part, huh? lol!!! So he explained to use the r/O exclusively at first will give her a proper flushing, well all of them, and then, after they are good and flushed for a few days in a row, then use only R/O water from now on to feed, and add the cal/mag, or maybe just cut my water by 1/4th or 1/3rd or even 1/2 tap to R/O water to keep this from happening again...if I do that, I probably wont need the cal mag, but he says if I stay with strictly r/o, and add cal/mag, then I have what he calls "perfect water"...do you agree? what would any of you, or any of you more experienced growers do under these circumstances, IF something horrible went wrong on you, and you had the misfortune of ending up like this, I mean, lol!!! If you could share...I'd appreciate that! Peace!:peace::thanks:
Hey RVG! I hope you're feeling better and best thoughts and wishes are with you for a speedy recovery. I do wish the same for your plant, but YOU come first! :)

I'm not sure you need the cal-mag, unless you plan on investing in an R/O system or just feeding R/O water, especially with 200ppm tap water!

Feel better!

Back
Top Bottom