RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL's

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a few N. Lights x Skunk & some bag seeds under CFL

and ps o aint much but im here for the ride looks like u got everything going good

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a few N. Lights x Skunk & some bag seeds under CFL

Hello my new friend, holysmokey! You can call me RVG if you want....and I'm a chick too, one that's been a total everyday toker for the last 31 years.....I've stayed off it for a while, like when I was pregnant like 25 years ago, and now I am using it in order to stop taking pain meds. And I am growing it seriously, like to the finish for the first time, as well. Also, as my name suggests, I started growing this harvest in my RV I was living in the last 8 months up till just last month when we moved into a tiny studio-type apt. here at the RV park, so now I have the plants in a full-sized closet, so I will have plenty of room to let them grow up and get as big a they want to be. Now that they are going into flower, it won't be long before we see who are the girls and who are the boys...
THEN I'll have MUCH more room for my precious babies! lol! I really really DO love what I do by growing and caring for these plants and other veggies and plants and trees....from seed to full grown plant, to harvest, to our table....it's a wonderful, magical process to me and I am always fascinated by it, it never gets old to me.

So, lastly, it's the 4th day of transition to 12/12...so the lights will turn off at 9pm tonight....then the next 2 weeks or so of flower, the plants are going to pack on the pounds! Then , I stop the "Big Bud Powder" 2 weeks before the end of flower, and start with the "AN Overdrive" for the last 2 weeks of flower, then the last week, it's a straight, Ph balanced, clear water flush for the last week, I think more than just "feeding them water"....I think I will be actually "flushing" with extra water, right???

Anyways, fantastic pics coming later today, I'm getting' on that right now! OH! And I smoked some of my tops and the little plant that died the other day, and my tops and little plant tastes so smooth and works just as good as the local stuff I have been surviving on! I am SOOOO stoked about my upcoming harvest in 6 to 8 weeks! YEAH!!!!

Well HELLO! Everyone! I had my lap top's power-cord go out on me and was w/o a computer for 3 days....And I had much going on before that even, so NOW I REALLY have an update for you!
When I last checked in, my 2 tallest plants, Waldo and Shorty, were between about 8-10" tall....well, in the last week, they have grown to be 14 and 15" tall as of today! So, without further delay, here's todays stats:

Firstly, the plants are taking a full gallon of water/nutes/ferts every 48 hrs or less now, and that is getting to be more and more water taken in everyday by these lil' monsters... And you can totally see the bud sites developing all over my plants...

So, for THE LAST 2 WEEKS PLUS... it's :

Advanced Nutrients 3 part system: Grow ( 1-1-6), Bloom ( 0-5-4), Micro ( 4-0-0)
Big Bud Powder (1-17-38)
(At this point I check the TDS and Ph: yesterday it was 1470 for the TDS, and about 6.0 for the Ph, and those number's are in the same range more or less overtime I do it...After I have those initial numbers, then I add the Great White, stir very very well, and pour on plants, 12oz exactly on all of the smaller 8 plants, then 16 oz for the 4 biggest plants, at the drip line as I call it. On the days I don't water, I pull the plants out, clean the floor, empty any liquid from the drip trays, scrub them all with hot, soapy water, dry them, groom the plants, and put them back. And when it comes to the root amendment, I have to add it after I take the numbers from the AN products first, then I add the Great White Premium Mycorrhizal Powder ( 1/2 scoop per gallon, amount recommended for potted plants, since it IS a potted plant.)
EVERYTHING'S GROWING AT A LIGHTNING PACE! THERE ARE LIKE 35- 40 BUD SITES ON THE PLANT'S AS OF WHAT I SAW YESTERDAY. JUST ON THE 10 BAG SEED BABIES I'M TALKING ABOUT THAT ARE IN DAY 3 OF FLOWER!
the N.Lights #5 X Skunk #1 baby is NOT a baby any more! She is a fem, so she WILL grow up to BE a fem for sure! lol! Anyways, she has grown about twice her size in just 3 or 4 days that I've had her in her little "veg" tote in the bathroom! It seems that she may be in flower in way less than a month, maybe even in a few weeks or so, we will see! I WILL POST THE PICS OF THEM ALL AS SOON AS I CAN!
So glad to be back online again! I sure hope you all have been having some GREAT HARVESTS out there lately! Congratulations to all that have had a recent harvest!
Pics to come later tonight! PEACE! :morenutes::peacetwo:

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

Well, peeps, here it is, May 30th, Memorial Day, and I can't believe I've been growing since March 18th.....Somedays it seems like it hasn't been but a month or so, then it can seem like it's been a year!
Anyways, 2 days ago, I did my usual watering of the plants right after lights out for the 10 bag seed plants that are on their 8th day of 12/12. I know you all aren't going to believe this, but out of 11 plants, 1 being a FEM., I swear I think I have almost ALL females! I mean, There is 1 plant, I can't remember who right at this second, but it MAY not be a female, but you know what? They ALL MAY BE FEMALES!!! I SWEAR I am looking close up with my magnifier, and the center of the limb's/ branch's crotch's, there has been just 2 little tiny leaves popping up every few days, and then they get bigger and bigger, etc...and then we see those beautiful 3-5 finger leaves reaching up....but there's no new leaves showing now.....now, all the places I would be expecting to see new leaves, I see all these clusters of "hairs", that I can tell you were definitely NOT there a week or so ago! I looked with the magnifier last week, when they were first going into 12/12, but it's been 9 days of a slow transition to 12/12 from 18/6, and then once I got it to 12/12 last Monday, they have REALLY REALY been growing!!! I mean, like CRAZY!!! I think I must have lucked out, or maybe all that 5-6 months of reading and studying on here BEFORE I knew I was even ready for this, even though I have always worked outside, being a landscaper, in my yards doing yard work, plus have had and still DO have veggies growing either in a garden or in containers, I knew this adventure was unknown territory for me, and I was going to need to do that studying BEFORE I attempted it, or I would have never made it. ANd even still, I STILL read other's journals as often as I can, but admittidely, I am getting less reading time now that my plants are so demanding of my time! LOL!
So like I started to say, I fed them 2 days ago, when the lights went out. And that usually last them at least 2-3 days....up till a few days ago...I went to just give them a yank, you know, pick them up, see how much they drank in 1 night, and when I did, it felt so light, i tipped it, and like NOTHING came out!!! And I have a 2" deep reservoir at the bottom of all these plants! They have never before drank all their water/food in just 24 hrs. So I guess I will check them tonight, and have to see if we are at the point where I have to start feeding them everyday...I've only been giving them each a measured amount of 8-12 oz each watering/feeding so far since they got bigger and went on nutes, abut 3 weeks ago...and I always had a bit extra left over so I always poured that on the plants just dividing it equally amongst them all. And I would inevitably end up with liquid in the drip trays everytime, attracting water gnats, the only pest I am dealing with around here, but they came from our stupid potted plants in the front room that has a lot of wet bark in it. I have been letting it dry out, and using soapy water to spray the gnats directly, to kill them without hurting the plants in any way. So, NOW, the plants are drinking a gallon a day it seems between 11 plants, from about 4" tall to almost 16" tall....The 4" tall one is now known as Xena, and she is my only MMJ seed- a FEM #5 N.Lites X #1 Skunk....I lost the first 2 from stupid rookie mistakes, ones I will never make again!!! Anyways, I know I keep saying I will have pics, but my wife has to help me get them uploaded for me, cuz I am very mechanically minded, but not computer literate.....So I truly apologize, but you will get to see them TODAY! I SWEAR IT! And you will all be BLOWN AWAY!!! They are SO HUGE, and have baby bud sites all over the place!!! Each plant is so healthy and green and happy looking! And they are eating well, but once they require daily watering due to their large size, do you all feed them the nutes overtime you water everyday??? Is there a danger of over-fertilization with daily feeding of the mix I am giving them? (See posting just before this one I think, it shows their current regimen...)
I will be adding the AN "Overdrive" for the last 2 weeks of flower, at which point it seems I am to stop the "Big Bud Powder". Then I think 1 last week or so of flush w/ water only should remove all the chemicals, right??? Then it's "chop time"! I don't know HOW long these plants will be in flower though before they are ready for harvest....guess after a month or so, I will check with my magnifier, look for that 50% amber trichomes, right???
Anyways, be back laterTODAY with thee mind blowing pics!!!
PEACE AND LOVE AND HAPPY GREEN HARVESTS TO ALL! :cheer:

Re: RVgrower's Indoor Closet Grow: a Few N. Lights x Skunk & Some Bag Seeds Under CFL

Hi RVG - can't wait to see how they turn out for you. Last pics I saw looked nice and healthy, but it's been a while since you've posted them. I know you're working on it, but if you provide regular picture updates you will get a lot more people following your journal. Let me know if you have lingering unanswered questions and I'll see if I can help somehow. Congrats on the budding females!!

Oh, and most plants flower in the range of 8-10 weeks from when you see female pistils showing - just depends on the strain and Indica vs. Sativa. Sativas usually take a little longer...

Anyway, :popcorn:

:goodluck: and can't wait to see the pictures!

Hi RVG - can't wait to see how they turn out for you. Last pics I saw looked nice and healthy, but it's been a while since you've posted them. I know you're working on it, but if you provide regular picture updates you will get a lot more people following your journal. Let me know if you have lingering unanswered questions and I'll see if I can help somehow. Congrats on the budding females!!

Oh, and most plants flower in the range of 8-10 weeks from when you see female pistils showing - just depends on the strain and Indica vs. Sativa. Sativas usually take a little longer...

Anyway, :popcorn:

:goodluck: and can't wait to see the pictures!

DUDE! Thanks for the vote of confidence! Yeah, and i really am sorry I haven't got the pics up sooner, but it's like a 5 step process for me to get it to you on the page, ya know? And I've been coming off all my arthritis drugs, am taking half the morphine I was on just 3 months ago, & I had been on that dose for almost 18months since my left knee replacement, so in other words, I have a lot of "bad days" where I can only lay in bed under blankets, take my meeds, medicate with herb more than anything if I have it, and just deal with it till it passes...it's a time right now when the season's are changing that is the worst for me...going from hot to cold or cold to hot- it hurts ether way, and for weeks, even a month or 2 this year....So, that's why I haven't got the pics up as quickly as I wanted to, but i won't get that behind again....It's getting really interesting now!! I'm FINALLY in flower with 10 of my 11 plants, AND!!! I THINK THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE GIRLS!!! I am not kidding, and maybe it's my over-exuberence and newbie/rookie excitement, and I have no clue as to what sex the plants are, but I REALLY do think they ARE all girls! Time will tell, but I see no "ball sacks" yet, just flowery clusters of little long, stringy-things, in other words, pistils, I can see in the biggest plants under the magnifying glass. I can't show you up close pics unfortunately, only have my Blackberry's 3.2 megapixel camera, but it does take damn good pics if you ask me for 3.2mp!!! Okay! PICS ARE NEXT!!!:cheer::party::goof::goof::goof::tommy::theband::tommy::tommy:

HERE THEY ARE FINALLY!!! ENJOY AND FEEL FREE TO COMMENT! PEACE ALL MY GREEN WORSHIPPING BRETHEREN!
5_30_11_my_grow_showing_fans_lights_plants_etc_.jpg
Lucy's side view...
5_30_11_Lucy_side_view.jpg
Lucy from the top! Showing some bud sites..
5_30_11_Lucy_top_view.jpg
Rooty from the side view
5_30_11_Rooty_from_side_view.jpg
Shorty from the top...
5_30_11_Shorty_from_top.jpg
Shorty's baby bud!
5_30_11_Shortys_beautiful_baby_bud_.jpg
5_30_11_Stumpy_side_view.jpg
Stumpy's top view...
5_30_11_Stumpy_top_view.jpg
Waldo's side view...
5_30_11_Waldo_from_side_view.jpg
Waldo's top view...
5_30_11_Waldo_top_view.jpg
Bambi' top view...
5_30_11_Bambi_top_view.jpg
Bambi's side view..
5_30_11_Bambis_side_view.jpg
Betty's top view...
5_30_11_Betty_top_view.jpg
Dolores' side view
5_30_11_Dolores_side_view.jpg
Gail's side view...
5_30_11_Gail_side_view.jpg
Gail's top view..
5_30_11_Gails_top_view.jpg

This is my only surviving #5 Northern Lights X #1 Skunk , and she is a FEMINIZED girl, so no worries there, she should be as big as all the rest, and technically, is their age chronologically, but she almost died at germination, she ended up too deep, didn't come up with the other that was planted the same day, so i went looking for it after 5 days, fund it, put it up where it was supposed to be and it finally cracked, but her husk wouldn't come off, so I had to help pull it off, and when I did, one of her cotyledons came off, and she almost died! I babied her every minute of the day for weeks, and she finally popped the 2 tiniest first leaves I've ever seen, and then another set, very slowly, so she is very stunted, or I should say just behind, in growth. But she is a Indica/ Sativa hybrid, Indica heavy, is reported to have a THC level of 22% and is supposed to relieve my Insomnia, pain, muscle spasms, Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms, severe nausea spells, anxiety, and depression! I mean, I know ALL cannabis helps most all of these symptoms, but this is going to be the best cannabis I've had in over 24 years! AND! It has the distinction of being my first ever self grown medical marijuana plant! This is her little vegging tote for right now, since she has to wait another 3 or so weeks to go into flower, maybe sooner, we'll see! tote.
5_30_11_Xena_s_veg_tote_.jpg

Side view...
5_30_11_Xena_side_view.jpg

Top view showing 2 new sets of leaves in the center already besides the bigger new leaves that sprouted off the stem since I topped her only 5 days ago...
5_30_11_Xena_top_view_about_5_days_after_topping_her-1.jpg

Okay my brothers and sisters, I got good news and bad news, well, not exactly BAD news, but just , not great news, I guess I should say, but I really shouldn't complain....
The thing of it is, I found that when I checked my plants mid-day today, for the first time, I DISTICTLY FOUND FEMALES:yahoo:......AND MALES TOO:rip: :-(

It was PLAINLY clear, that I definitely have 3 females, and 3 males, so far....of course, that doesn't include the feminized N.L.xSK baby thats got to veg another few weeks or so in her veg tote in the bathroom...

But yeah, today is day 9 of full flower, (after I did this "transition period of 9 days where I reduced the light by an hour a day, just my own idea, and I don't know if I shouldn't have done that or what, but I believe in sticking as close to nature as we can) and nature doesn't change overnight, or after 36hrs of dark or whatever....she gradually reduces the amount of sunlight each day after June 21st, the Summer Solstice, we lose a few minutes a day after that date, till we hit December 21st, and so on...
SOoooo, I did one of my multiple checks on the plants each day, (doing a LOT of hand washing now days, going thru the hand cream, lotion, etc- so I don't pollinate the ladies accidentally!!!) SO I wash in between touching the plants and anything else, now even washing off in between each plant now that they are in full flower....it's pretty dry here in this house, ...

Today's stats are:

Type of plants: 10 Bag Seed Unknowns- Felt very Indica or Indica -heavy.., and 1 feminized N.L. x Sk.
Nutrients and supplements:
Advanced Nutrients "3-Part System, Grow, Bloom, and Micro"
Plus AN's "Big Bud Powder"
Plus "Plant Success'" Great White Mycorrhizae Powder
Plus Superthrive in place of AN's "B-52", which they recommend during most of the growth cycle, so I am doing this in place of that....Superthrive adde is 10 drops per gallon...And I can afford it and already use it on my grow in many other ways...

Day of full flower after 5 weeks of veg time and a week of transition to 12/12= Day 9
Rh= 25%
Temp= 82 degrees
Had two previous cold and windy days up here so the plants hadn't been needing to be fed but once every 2-3 days, and even then, it was a gallon between ALL 11 plants! ...so then they had started drinking a gallon or more a day this past week when it was hot and I had lots of air blowing around with the fans, it takes a lot more out of them, fluid-wise, that is, and I had to feed them 2 days in a row, then it got cool again, so I went 2 days where they didn't need to be fed, then today, it was warmer, and we still don't have air-conditioning....don't know when we will have the cash flow for that kind of purchase.....gotta tough it out with fans, showers, misting bottles for the plants, which helps DRAMATICALLY, bringing the grow area temps from near 90 or so one time, down to the high to mid 70's, but it's short term....so if I have to, i will do it over and over again...the Rh dropped even when I put those fans on, so it won't hurt them, they dry out, believe me!

AnYHOW!!! I GOT A BIG QUESTION!!!
Can I possibly use any of the male plants to smoke???
I am sorry, but I am so poor, and really in need of ANY meds right now, so even if it don't do much, or is a bit harsh even with a week of flushing and a good cure....I really need to try to be able to harvest SOMETHING from them, especially since I put all that time, money and effort into them, ya know? I know one thing....I can't count the times I got a bag of what looked and smelled like the sweetest of buds, only to be crushed in my fingers not to find primo bud, but FAT, UGLY, WHITE SEEDS!!! It happens all the time over here! We ask, "Are they now harvesting and distributing male plants disguised as what is supposed to be FEMALE bud??? Is this the Hermaphrodites we have heard of? So the bags are always half full of seeds now days.....I don't want to rely on others' charity any more! I am growing my own, and will NEVER have to rely on others ever again!!!

SO ANY IDEA'S ON WHAT TO DO TO USE YOUNGER MALE PLANTS THAT HAVEN'T FULLY BLOOMED, & DON'T YET HAVE THEIR FLOWERS AND SEEDS DRIPPING DOWN AND ALL, THEY ARE STILL SMALL AND STUCK UP UNDER THE TOPS AND IN THE AREAS WHERE THE LEAVES' MEET THE LIMBS, & THEY HAVE A LOT OF LEAVES, & I'VE SMOKED PLENTY OF LEAF. FREAKING AS HARSH AS HELL, BUT MAYBE WE CAN CURE IT REALLY NICE AND I CAN STILL USE IT, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. BUT I REALLY NEED TO USE IT IF I CAN....I HEARD OF HARVESTING THEM OUT ( LETTING THEM MATURE) AND USING THE SEEDS TO MAKE OTHER STUFF, BUT I WOULD NEED ABOUT A GALLON OF SEEDS ALONE!!! NO WAY! I only have 3 males now, and have 4 immature plants left to sex...now I got lucky getting 3 out of 4 females from those 1st 4 plants, I know that, but odds are 50-60% are females they say, so I'm just hoping for 2 more girls, and I will be more than happy! Then I will have 6 females total out of the 11 I started with ( with 1 feminized of course!). Not bad odds, & Im SO GLAD not to have to waste the space, nutes and ferts , lighting costs, etc...I put them up front in the living room for now to keep them away from the females so they don't contaminate them!

In the mean time, I still have the one FEMINIZED N.L. X SK baby vegging another 2-3 weeks in the bathroom in the "veg tote", then she will join her very big cousins in the flower closet at that point.

Now that I KNOW I have got 3 definite males, that all had "football shaped balls", clusters of them, even down below on the next set of buds down, it was very easy to see today down where the internodes or whatever that's called where the limb meets the main stalk, or bigger branch...that's where we saw ball clusters on 3- ROOTY, GAIL, & GIGI so far...

So, we positively have females that have NO balls, and only gorgeous buds and little hairs! YEAH!!:cheer:
The 3 confirmed girls are: SHORTY, STUMPY, & WALDO!!! 3 OF MY 4 BIGGEST PLANTS RIGHT NOW! And out of the 10 or dozen seeds I planted the first time, these "first 4" bag seed plants that survived the first planting, these are the them. All the others died So I planted another dozen or more to "practice germinating seeds" so I wouldn't be wasting so much time, money and effort, thanks to the direction of the coolest guys on here that look after me once in a while....you know who you all are..
Anyhow, I got another 10 or so to take, and they grew, and we lost about 4 or 5 I think at the most over the last few months, but out of that first planting, where I lost my highly valued Medical MJ seeds and some bag seeds, and the 2nd planting, I ended up with about 13 plants that originally "popped up" a while back, and I have been babying them all ever since! ...2 died, one being my 2nd , or should I say 1st, N.L. x Sk to grow up "normally" in it's little "Hempy cup" that was 50/50% perlite and Fox Farms Ocean Forest, when we went to plant it in it's 100% perlite Hempy bucket, and my wife was left alone for a second or two where upon she thought she had to wash off ALL the debris attached to her roots, and so she just took the hose and blasted off the dirt, other perlite, and everything, when the little thing was just about 3-4" high on top, but it had like 5 inch long roots at the time, so that's why I gave her, I mean HIM, :-( :yikes:

SOOOOO, that's today's update...sorry it was long, forgot and medicated before posting, I promise I will remember NOT to do that anymore if at all possible

Again, thanks for ALL THE HELP FROM ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO HAVE STOPPED BY TO LEND A HAND, SO TO SAY, LOL!

AND! Thanks for the "Like" xlr8!!! and for stopping by of course!

I will post more close-up pics of the plants in another few days, when my little camera can get the details of the buds and you all can see the white pistils that we are telling you all about. And since I'm leaving the males in the front room for a while, till I get some answers on the idea of how to possibly dry and cure these 3 male plants because I am a very poor old lady, and need to harvest every single leaf that I can...yes, it's that bad for me......

So again, thanks all of you who help me! Much love and respect to you all, and to all the founders, web people, CEOs, etc...and everyone that makes 420mag.com possible for me and the rest of us!!!

Sorry I can write really long posts compared to the rest of you all, I really do realize that, ut the thing is, this is also MY journal for myself, and I'm a very anal person who wants to document everything, so I do....Sorry! :sorry:

Anyways, MORE new news....I found another girl tonight!!! Yea, it looks like Dolores is also a girl, as I saw the lovely little white hairs coming up, no ball sacks at ALL anywhere on her, that I have yet seen anyways....So, I am down to 3 kinda younger plants, that are obviously, my smallest plants, so I have to keep them in the closet to see what their sex is for sure, too young still, only showing young leaves popping out on these 3 still so they are on their own time schedule I see....hmmmm......

Anyways, THAT'S ALL FOR NOW SO I DON'T GO STUPID AND KEEP ON RAMBLIN'...... LOL!!! SO SORRY EVERY ONE! ( It's so bad when I medicate, depending on the strain, I can get the WORST problem with rambling on in writing or in person talking.....For me, it's the lesser of 2 evils, talking too much or eating too much, I don't need another ounce on this body, so I prefer to stick with jabber-jaw weed! lol! Really, I don't have any choice right now with what I get, but only till my 1st harvest, then I am my OWN supplier for the 1st time in my life! RIGHTEOUS! :party::lot-o-toke::slide::headbanger::rocker::theband:

Looking GRRREEEAATT!! Good job!:high-five:
I will be following this one for sure, learning and here for support and advice also..You are awesome, love the fact you take your pictures when you are in your jammies, with your socks poking in the pictures!!LOL My wife does that! Anyways it is an honor to be here and watch your grow, you should have more followers!! Very in-depth journal, I love it!!

Nice to meet ya, 420kind! And thanks for the kind words....I'm a life-long smoker & did a few measly starts over the last 30 years or so i've been smoking it, and I never was able to finish, mostly because it was illegal and I would get cold feet, and yank them at a foot high overtime. Now, I'm a legally certified MMJ patient, and I am certified to cultivate up to 12 plants. I hope to do a good job for you all, it's thru your stopping by like this for just a few kind words that gives me the confidence I really need for this 1st time finish, ya know?
Anyways, don't want to ramble, but thanks again! I'll stop by and look at your grow too!

Peace and Bright Blessings to you! :Namaste:RVG
Looking good:) starting to take off

Todays stats:
Fed the 4 definite females and 3 undecided juviniles last night late, a few hours after lights out for them, and only used 1 gallon on the 7 plants, now that I'm down 3. They are still growing at the rate of about 1/2" a day for the larger ones, & drinking about 16 oz a day on hot dry days each! The ones that are like 10-14 days younger, the 3 undecided ones, are still only a foot or so tall, so they only took 12 oz, and I had a bit of run off with that.Not too much, maybe a few tablespoons. They're growing a bit slower than the older ones for sure, although I haven't officially measured their growth rate yet.
Also, I won't be checking them for need of feeding, Ph, TDS, etc...till I possibly feed them later tonight, about midnight, so my next report won't be up till after that.

AND! I'm trying to find out who knows how I best can salvage the 3 males I already have to smoke their little bud-letts and leaves even....There's a lot of leaves and little buds on those 3 plants, and we still have 3 plants unknown still! We may have 1, 2, or even all 3 come out to be more males! GODDESS FORBID!!! :adore:
BUT! I gotta know how to dry and cure these male plants the best way to get what bit of THC they have in them to be available, you know?, I guess just the regular way, I'll just chuck the undeveloped tiny seed-lets or whatever you would call the undeveloped seed bags or what ever those are called! Sorry i'm so cannabis-language illiterate! I'm constantly studying, believe it or not, I just can't retain all the stuff I'm stuffing in my head all at once right now!

ALSO! ANOTHER IMPORTANT QUESTION! I check the TDS before I start to mix the solution, and the Ph, and here, I'm on an old well, like a 50+ year old well, in a super heavy granite and quartz, calcium and limestone soil makeup here, so it's very alkaline, about 7.5 or so out of the tap for the Ph, and the TDS is worse! 165 I think was the lowest I read once, and the highest was just yesterday, 200! That sucks, because I have these parameters to have to meet for my nutes to be accepted by the plant, as most of you all know. So now get this, when I mix up my nutes, just the AN 3- Part System, & AN's Big Bud Powder, check the TDS then, it's in the 1500's...add the remainder of the mixture ingredients, the Superthrive drops, and the Great White Mychorrizol powder, and I check it again, and it's now reading up in the 1700's sometimes! That bothers me, because it's supposed to be about 1116 I think right now, but since I am now in flower, I'll go back to AN's website nutrient calculator and re-check the numbers....I also know from previous research, that those TDS#'s go up at the end of the flowering cycle, so I keep a good eye on them!

And the other thing, is that the Ph they say for hydro, should be about 5.5-6.0, isn't that correct? (and they were started in a 50/50 FFOF soil & perlite mix, then moved to 100% perliteI am officially "soil-less", not "hydro", so I kept it close to but just above those recommended numbers. In between soil and hydro....
But here's the thing, let's say, I check the Ph after mixing my nutes, as the instructions from AN told me to do, and it came down to just about 5.5-6.0, right in that zone i have heard of for the kind of growing I'm doing...I thought that was great all this time, but then today, while doing homework, reading other's journals, I read that some guy is checking his run-off on his hydro set-up, and it hit me! :idea: I HAD NEVER CHECKED THE RUN-OFF ON MY PLANTS AT ALL YET, SO I DID, AND IT WAS WAY DOWN TO ABOUT 5.5 OR SO....DOES THIS ALL SEEM RIGHT TO YOU ALL OUT THERE THAT HAVE DONE HEMPY BUCKET GROWS??? I AM PRAYING SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO'S DONE HEMPY GROWING WILL STOP BY AND CHIME IN ON THIS QUESTION OF MINE...I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL THEY BUILD UP TOXICITY OR SOMETHING IRREVERSIBLE AND DIE ON ME ALL AT ONCE! I'D HAVE A STROKE! .

Please! Someone with this knowledge to stop by and assess the situation would be greatly appreciated!

And all other questions, comments, info, anything, is always great by me!

Peace & Bright Blessings to you all, my friends...

Okay all!!! Here's the first, THE VERY FIRST BUD PICS FROM RVGROWER EVER!!!!! YEA!!!:yahoo::cheer::high-five::slide::clap::party::allgood::tommy:OKAY, I know, that's a BIT much on the excitement, huh? Well, I can't help it! I'm so happy, like I have 6 new baby girls, but they won't scream "I hate you!" and slam the door at me! Oh Yeah....the BEST kind of girl to have.....I can't wait to see them grow up, but then I will have to kill them and eat them and smoke them......well, that's the circle of life!
(Pardon me, but I uploaded them out of order, so sorry! But there are like top and side views for all the budding girls, and 1 pic each showing the boys' "balls"! lol!

Bambi's #2 bud site from under and the side
6_2_11_Bambis_2_bud_from_under_and_side.jpg

Bambi's #2 bud from top view...
6_2_11_Bambis_bud_2.jpg

Bambi's #1 bud from top view
6_2_11_Bambis_top_bud_1.jpg

View of Dolores' top bud #2 from top
6_2_11_Dolores_top_bud_2_from_top.jpg

View of Dolores' top bud #1 from top
6_2_11_Dolores_top_bud_site_1_from_top.jpg

View of Dolores' #1 top bud from under and side
6_2_11_Dolores_top_bud_site_1_from_under_side.jpg

Shorty's top bud #1 from top
6_2_11_Shortys_Top_bud_1_from_top.jpg

Shorty's about 18" tall now! Growing a about 1/2" to 1" a day!
6_2_11_Shortys_about_18_inches_tall_now.jpg

A lower bud site or two on Shorty
6_2_11_Shortys_lower_bud_site.jpg

Shorty's multiple lower bud sites...Just getting started too!!! oh BOY!!
6_2_11_Shortys_multiple_lower_bud_sites_.jpg

Shorty's top bud #1 from under and the side
6_2_11_Shortys_top_bud_1_from_under_side.jpg

Shorty's top bud #2 from top
6_2_11_Shortys_top_bud_2_from_top.jpg

Shorty's top bud site #1 from under and side
6_2_11_Shortys_top_bud_site_from_under_side.jpg

Stumpy's bud site #2 from under and side
6_2_11_Stumpys_bud_site_2_from_under_side.jpg

Stumpy's lower bud site from top view
6_2_11_Stumpys_lower_bud_site_from_top.jpg

Stumpy's lower bud site from under and side view
6_2_11_Stumpys_lower_bud_site_from_under_and_side.jpg

Stumpy's THICK with bud sites, and we still have another 6-7 weeks to go still!
6_2_11_Stumpys_thick_w_bud_sites_all_thru_her_.jpg

Stumpy's #2 top bud site from top
6_2_11_Stumpys_top_bud_2_from_top.jpg

Stumpy's top bud site #1
6_2_11_Stumpys_top_bud_site.jpg

Top view of Waldo's #1 bud
6_2_11_Top_side_of_waldos_bud.jpg

Waldo's #2 top bud from top view
6_2_11_Waldos_2_bud_from_top.jpg

Waldo's bud's are a-growing.....
6_2_11_Waldos_bud_growing_.jpg

Waldo's #2 bud from side and under
6_2_11_waldos_2_bud_from_side_view.jpg

OKAY....NOW, here's a shot each of the 3 confirmed boys....I did my best to get a close-up, but I am just working off a Blackberry! Anyways, I think you can still see the "football" clusters, both on top of the buds and underneath.....

(BY THE WAY, I AM DOING A 1 WEEK WATER ONLY FLUSH RIGHT NOW- THEY GOT PULLED 3 DAYS AGO I THINK- AND THEN THEY ARE DESTINED FOR THE CHOPPING BLOCK AND A FUTURE AS "CANNA-BUTTER"! MIGHT AS WELL MAKE USE OF THE DAMN THINGS, SINCE I GOT OVER 7 WEEKS INTO THEM!)
First is Gail
6_3_11_Gail-_another_boy_now_.jpg

Then GiGi....
6_3_11_GiGi-_another_boy_.jpg

Then Rooty.....
6_3_11_Rooty_-_a_boy_now_for_sure_.jpg

No worries! I actually pulled them like 4 days ago, maybe 5....I can't wait to use the recipe someone gave me a few days ago on how to salvage them and make them into canna-butter! No just gotta find the message....hmmmm.....Anyways, yeah, they are way up in the opposite side of the house up by the front window, doing a week-long water flush. I figured I should, to remove the "chemical" taste, right? I grew these bastards for the last 2 months of my life, spent lots on their nutes and ferts etc...so i want what ever I can get outta them!
Nice job, RVG! :bravo:

Separate those males ASAP!!!

Date: June 3rd, 2011
TYPE OF SEED(S): 10 regular old bag seeds- seem to be Indica or Indica-dominant. Also 1 W.O.S. "#5 N. Lights x #1 Skunk feminized.
IN FLOWER OR VEG: Bag seeds are in day 12 of flower, 1 N.L. x SK is in week 8 of veg...
SOIL OR HYDRO: Neither! "SOIL-LESS", aka, A "HEMPY BUCKET SET UP!"
TDS OF OUR PLAIN TAP WATER: 198
TDS AFTER MIXING NUTES: 1740
TEMP & RH:
Temps during daytime run up to the mid 70's to low 80's, lows run about 64-68 degrees,
Rh runs from a high of about 35 to 40% to a low of 16-20% on any day or evening
NUTRIENTS AND/ OR SUPPLEMENTS REGIMEN: AN's "3-Part System; Grow, Micro & Bloom. Plus "Big Bud Powder", and Plants' Success "great White Mychorrizial Powder", and instead of "AN's B-52 that they also recommend for this part of the grow, I found out that our beloved "Superthrive" has the SAME, EXACT, INGREDIENTS AS AN'S B-52 costs, PLUS, it's in concentrated form, and you're not paying out the a** for mostly water-filler! PLUS! I soak my seeds in it when I am germinating, and so far, on regular seeds, I am having about a 50-60% turnout of girls, just like we should in nature....
Ph: Before nutes mix: (Plain tap water...we are on an OLD, OLD well...It's a pretty alkaline 7.0-7.5. Then I add everything, and it comes down to 5.5-6.0, and I feed them. Then I checked the run-off on a few once, and that read 5.0-5.5.....
So I am going to take them off the "Big Bud Powder" and switch to their "Overdrive" for flowering, when they have like 3 weeks to go. (Last week is the water only flush to clean out the chemical tastes, if there would be any.)
So I DO talk to my babies, because I am of the belief that they really DO feel our love and attention.....I know that they have even tested and found out that plants that have soft music, and a quiet atmosphere grow quite a bit bigger than the same plants under all the same conditions that have hard rock music pumped in instead....so that right t here tells you, they FEEL their environment! they sense us! They know when we care, and when we don't. Well, that's just my vegetarian, granola-eatin, sandal-wearin, hippy opinion, lol!
I don't know what else I am supposed to report on, except that they all seem healthy and happy, growing so big, might have to LST as well, with those 2 big monsters, Waldo and Shorty. CAN I LST a plant that is already 18" ABOVE the pot? ( I don't count the pot in my height stats, I mean, how can you acct. for what would otherwise be under the ground, how can you count that? Then I could put one in a big 2 ft tall pot and call mine 4 ft tall! No, I go from where the plant's coming out of the SOIL, or in my case, medium.
Also, Mine are drinking about a gallon every day or 2 of nutrients and all my supplements....

ALSO, I don't need to SUPPLEMENT WITH CAL/MAG, A HUGE WEIGHT OFF MY SHOULDERS TOO BY THE WAY! THE ONLY THING GREAT ABOUT HAVING HARD WATER! LOTS OF CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM, PLUS THE 3-PART AN GROW SYSTEM I GOT, THE "MICRO" PART HAS ALL THE CAL/MAG I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY NEEDED. LOL!
ANYWAYS, that's all for now, and again, YES! THE BOYS ARE IN THE FRONT ROOM, AND WITH N A WEEK, THEY WILL BE IN A NICE BATCH OF CANNA-BUTTER! YEA!
BLESSINGS TO ALL!

MORE LATEST NEWS, AS OF 430PM ON FRIDAY, JUNE 3RD, 2011...I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT I DO IN FACT, HAVE YET ANOTHER GIRL TO REPORT ON!!! YES! LUCY IS ALSO A GIRL! NOW I AM JUST WAITING ON BETTY TO HAVE A FEW MORE DAYS TO DECIDE OR THAT IS, SHOW US HER SEX! AS SOON AS I SEE IT, I'LL BE TELLING YOU ALL!

JUST TO CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION: I DID PULL MY 3 MALES FROM THE FLOWER CLOSET ABOUT 4 DAYS AGO AND THEY WENT AS FAR ACROSS THE HOUSE AS I CAN GET THEM, THE LIVING ROOM CORNER BY THE WINDOW, SO THEY ARE STILL GETTING SHORT LIGHT DURING THE DAY, AND I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A WEEK-LONG WATER ONLY FLUSH ON THE BOYS, SO I CAN HARVEST THEM TO MAKE THE CANNA-BUTTER I REALLY NEED. I CAN'T AFFORD TO WASTE ANY PART of these plants that I am so thankful for!

So that's all for today....will be out all day tomorrow, so I will get your messages and such through my Blackberry, but I wont be replying or posting until Sunday probably at this point, but you never know....If I can't sleep tomorrow after our long all day ride and pow-wow that my wife and I and our MC are going to, I may get online here, if I don't, it's because I was be too wiped to do much when I got in....just going on this ride will put me in bed for about 2-3 days....that's the price I pay to ride that long anymore...I thank the Creator every day for the gift of this wonderful herb, it really helps stop my RA symptoms, stops the muscle spasms, eases my anxiety-driven mind, and stops the horrible pain I have in my hands, back, knees, legs, feet and body.....That's why I am trying to cultivate THE best herb I can to be able to come off the morphine...I still am taking a little bit each day, right now I HAVE to have something! This crappy, Mexican brown "dirt-weed" I call it is AWFUL! I mean, I wouldn't take it if you PAID ME TO! but yet, I HAVE to accept it, because it's all that's all that's available to me until my first crop comes in in another 6-7 weeks I guess...THEN I will truly know what I have and if it's going to cure my pains and symptoms or not....I'm sure it will cure some if not most of them, so my hopes are high. HA! I said HIGH! HA! HA HA !:lot-o-toke:
SO......I now have this:

Confirmed girls= 7- Waldo, Shorty, Stumpy, Dolores, Bambi, Lucy, and the Fem.MMJ, Xena (Who is about 4-5 weeks behind the others in growth, & therefore, will be harvested that much later.)
Confirmed boys= 3- Rooty, Gail, GiGi
Too young to tell= 1- Betty

So, there it is for today, and like I said, I'll be back on tomorrow night maybe , or then Sunday for sure if not. Looking forward to your thoughts and comments. Also, no bugs sighted as of yet on my plants, no bugs but the few gnats that are getting in while I have to have to curtain open, until the exhaust system is hooked up. That'll probably be Sun. or Mon. I'm hoping! They fly back in here once in a while, from the stupid wet bark top layers on like 3 of my wife's recent "plant adoptions"....you know how it goes....we are both bad about it....We have even pulled houseplant cuttings from the garbage when we were cleaning offices back in the day! We are just like that. And are growing our veggies too this year! So far, from my pest control experience I know that the most organic and safest way, and the CHEAPEST!, too, is to mix a few drops of "Dawn" dish-soap, in a 1 quart "misting or squirt" , as I call them, bottles, and then just spray away! Spray everything down, about mid-morning, right before it gets hot, but just so it won't sit wet for any long piece of time. And you HAVE to spray the bugs themselves! You can't just spray around the plant base, or spray the limbs where there aren't any....this stuff suffocates them when they get covered with the slippery dish-soapp water, which then ends up covering their "spiracles", which are the holes on the side of their body, usually, where they breathe from. Cover those holes in water, and they suffocate! No pesticides, nothing toxic in the least! And it washed right off as we water or mist them once in a while when the Rh is really low, at least that's my regimen! lol!

Okay, Brightest Blessings Be With You All!

Okay, I wish you all the best my friends, and I will keep you all in my prayers for your plants to stay as healthy as possible and to grow big & fat & give you lots of medicine! And I will pray for all of YOU to stay safe and healthy, especially OldMedMan and his beloved partner, Jo.....They need our prayers and positive healing thoughts so much right now! They have mine and I'm sure they have the prayers of all their other friends and acquaintances as well.

"Great Creator, please heal our friend, Jo, and make her healthy again, so that she may live a long and happy life to do all the wonderful things she is here to do in this lifetime...Please make her partner, "OldMedMan" to stay healthy and safe as well, so that her may care for her and help her gain the strength to make it through this process right now. Please keep him strong inside, and let them both feel the love of this community and all their other loved ones and friends, coming together to run off that illness and make Jo healthy and whole and in balance again...so that she may continue to have the long life she is meant to have, as each of us is a Blessing to the rest of the world. The diversity of this planet is our strength.
May the Great Creator hear this prayer,
Blessed Be, Namaskala, Amen"

DUDE! Thanks for the vote of confidence! Yeah, and i really am sorry I haven't got the pics up sooner, but it's like a 5 step process for me to get it to you on the page, ya know? And I've been coming off all my arthritis drugs, am taking half the morphine I was on just 3 months ago, & I had been on that dose for almost 18months since my left knee replacement, so in other words, I have a lot of "bad days" where I can only lay in bed under blankets, take my meeds, medicate with herb more than anything if I have it, and just deal with it till it passes...it's a time right now when the season's are changing that is the worst for me...going from hot to cold or cold to hot- it hurts ether way, and for weeks, even a month or 2 this year....So, that's why I haven't got the pics up as quickly as I wanted to, but i won't get that behind again....It's getting really interesting now!! I'm FINALLY in flower with 10 of my 11 plants, AND!!! I THINK THEY ARE ALL GOING TO BE GIRLS!!! I am not kidding, and maybe it's my over-exuberence and newbie/rookie excitement, and I have no clue as to what sex the plants are, but I REALLY do think they ARE all girls! Time will tell, but I see no "ball sacks" yet, just flowery clusters of little long, stringy-things, in other words, pistils, I can see in the biggest plants under the magnifying glass. I can't show you up close pics unfortunately, only have my Blackberry's 3.2 megapixel camera, but it does take damn good pics if you ask me for 3.2mp!!! Okay! PICS ARE NEXT!!!:cheer::party::goof::goof::goof::tommy::theband::tommy::tommy:

Hi RV - so sorry to hear that you have so much pain to deal with. I have a number of issues with pain myself, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Having said that it makes me so sad to hear that someone else has to suffer through it even worse, as it sounds like you do - I've been able to avoid morphine so far (barely). The seasons get me, too - I just wish it would be consistently warm all the time. :)

Way to get the pics up and going - your plants look great. :high-five:

Hi RV - as far as TDS goes I have a couple of thougts. First, is your TDS pen calibrated? I can't remember if you ended up getting it calibrated correctly.

Also, I like to work my way up a little bit at a time and just watch how the plants react. Don't make too large of "jump" week to week with your nutrients, and back down if your leaf tips ever get burnt.

Gradual increases and really watching the plant should keep you pretty safe even if your TDS meter isn't accurate for some reason.

I'm not sure about the right PH for hempies - maybe a hempy grower can weigh in or you can go a hempy thread to get that. I've never grown out males, either. Sorry I can't help you out with those things...

Good luck with the pain. I really feel for you and can empathize a little. Hang in there and keep yourself occupied with positive thoughts and endeavors. X

Back
Top Bottom