s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

good weed s1ing:), do I see tiny white spots on those leaves? the second picture in your hand and the one after that look like they have spots on them.
if so that could be spider mites.(hope Not) keep your eyes peeled on the underside of the leaves thats where they hang out.

When I give it to em which has been pretty often I give them 5mls per gallon. I have been adding 20 ML's to 4 gallons along with their food. Do you think it's from overfeeding? I have been feeding them 2/3rd strength with almost every watering. I am also thinking after looking at more of the pics maybe I am dealing with Thryps? Not sure but sure would like to correct whatever it is. I am not used to seeing older leaves do this, usually they get yellow and either fall off or get picked off?
Thanks Ronnie

5ml a gal is right. that works out to a little over 300ppms of calmag. not sure on the overfeeding. you could ph your run off, if its way lower than than water you use i would say they're getting too much food. i did have a couple of leaves curl like that last grow but not many. i also overfed them too:)

:Namaste:

ooops just noticed that your not invi, s1ing. my bad:)

they look like maybey a lil nute burn or def, this is when i would give them azomite 1/2 cup each and water it in with some strong myko tea, have you seen my ladies since i started the high brix? best looking plants ive ever grown, , i have lots of azomite got a bag for my birthday and still have a half a bag, visit if you can, be well bfam:thumb::circle-of-love:

yeah I got to get some of that azomite that and a few mins to check out your journal beam

Have you ph'ed your run off?some of the pics look like a cal/mag issue but the curled dried up tips look like a ph issue to me bro. Nute burn in my experience doesnt look like that it affects the tips and works its way back up the leaves if it gets really bad.

I will check it out for sure. I have burned em before and I agree it looks different.
good weed s1ing:), do I see tiny white spots on those leaves? the second picture in your hand and the one after that look like they have spots on them.
if so that could be spider mites.(hope Not) keep your eyes peeled on the underside of the leaves thats where they hang out.
I dont think it bugs I am hoping its the residual of the transplant, next time they will get a shower after I put them in there new home. I am almost 100% sure its perite from the #4
5ml a gal is right. that works out to a little over 300ppms of calmag. not sure on the overfeeding. you could ph your run off, if its way lower than than water you use i would say they're getting too much food. i did have a couple of leaves curl like that last grow but not many. i also overfed them too:)

:Namaste:
Thanks ronnie, I am luving your new RDWC, can't wait to use mine and journal it of course:)

So here is a pic from yesterday of the underside of a random plant and there super clean, nothing that I can find other than the gnats
DSCN01075.JPG
DSCN01106.JPG

here is a super funky leave that I found, not sure what the F is attacking my leaves but I will figure it out
DSCN01187.JPG

for some good news the plants in room a are finishing nice and should be done in 15 days (approx)
DSCN01152.JPG

Room B reload, I am picking up some more netting today, that and some more drip emitters and more ca mg supplement
DSCN01179.JPG

thanks for the input and try to stay cool, cause it's HOT lol

So I picked up some cal mag in dry form? was all they had and some liquid kelp and mexican bat guano for the compost tea. I wonder if the funky leaves would have been funky if I would have been able to continue giving them poop soup once a week? I am going to save up and invest into a high brix kit and the super soil to try later this summer and see if the quality of flowers I am searching for is attainable that way.
So I am loading up for the first solo overnight work trip of the week. We have decided NOT to move the new home out to the ranch due to it being so isolated. I want the wife and kids to have access to things in life that the ranch almost assures them not being able to participate in so for now it will stay the way it is and I will do what I have to to continue on. The things in life I am willing to do for my family are important to me. Maybe one day I can find a MMJ friendly landlord who can rent me the warehouse type buiding I so desire to work at. I wonder what kind of calls or replies I would get if I ran an add asking for a 420 type rental??

i have a metal structure you can rent it 18x8 think its called an rv only cost half the buds and 500 a week, lol j/k that sucks about the new house... i would prefer my family have that level of safety the way things are going in the world ,the warnings i get from my buddy in the sherrifs dept, and going to wallys and seeing they have no ammmo, i wanna get as far from civilazition as possible, maybe i should rent that pad from you, be the caretaker ,ride my toys all the time again, i miss bfe, but ya gotta do what you feel is best, my girls liked it when we lived way out, we were free and i hate having neighbors, trade u a gsc for a couple lbs azomite *wink* i have gotten where i can tell when they want some azomite, they get like junkies for that stuff,lol i open the tent and they are all scratching themselves and sweating,shaking begging for their "rocks" :rofl:

i dont need a motor ,it has that and the squirrle cage, it needs the rest, but i have no idea ow i would hook it up,or even move it, so im more or less giving up on that one, saw a 5050btu ac at wallys for 99$ just need the$ prolly cheaper than fixing that swamper easier for sure, damn shame on the cookies id even nurse a weak one to health, you have to stop teling me how your burning plants, MURDERER! id be scared to be your plant!:thumb:

Does it make you feel better knowing mine get tossed into the garbage? I don't even compost them as I got paranoid about someone seeing them in there. :blalol:

How do you propagate BID? If I want 20 clones, I take 25 or 30, then choose the best 20. The other 5-10 could still be healthy plants, but it's survival of the fittest! :winkyface:

Sometimes you have to do things to ensure the overall health of the garden. I will always chuck the weak plants and concentrate on the healthy ones. Good thing I am not in charge of people huh?
Stay cool all my brothers and sisters

I chuck plants too, and it always bothers me. I don't expect I'll ever get completely over it, but it sure is getting easier. :)

So I picked up some cal mag in dry form? was all they had and some liquid kelp and mexican bat guano for the compost tea. I wonder if the funky leaves would have been funky if I would have been able to continue giving them poop soup once a week? I am going to save up and invest into a high brix kit and the super soil to try later this summer and see if the quality of flowers I am searching for is attainable that way.
So I am loading up for the first solo overnight work trip of the week. We have decided NOT to move the new home out to the ranch due to it being so isolated. I want the wife and kids to have access to things in life that the ranch almost assures them not being able to participate in so for now it will stay the way it is and I will do what I have to to continue on. The things in life I am willing to do for my family are important to me. Maybe one day I can find a MMJ friendly landlord who can rent me the warehouse type buiding I so desire to work at. I wonder what kind of calls or replies I would get if I ran an add asking for a 420 type rental??

I've seen leaves look like that and not always been able to solve it. Some of those do look like a deficiency. With RO, I tend to suspect Ca or Mg. If you're applying 5mL/g, that's not bad. I think that's the low end of their recommendation, isn't it? We use different nutes, but I emailed GH asking about what I should change going from very hard tap water to RO. They simply said add more calmag. I'd be wary of adding too much extra metals the last week of flowering, but otherwise, I'd probably bump up the calmag slightly. I don't see what looks like burn to me, so you're safe there so far.

Your garden looks great. It's awesome how far it's come along in such a short time. :goodjob:
For the amount of effort you put into this while still staying focused on your family, you deserve a big pat on the back. I suspect you're not getting enough kudos, so... Kudos my friend! :bravo:

So you're not moving at all now, or just another change of plans? There are certainly trade offs when you live remotely. I can see how living closer to town would be desirable with young children.

Can you build a small shed type structure at your rental? Just plan to tear it down when you're done. Build the walls and roof as module pieces, put all electrical in one wall panel, plumbing in another, etc. Can you move to another rental closer to the ranch, yet still close to a community?

i have a metal structure you can rent it 18x8 think its called an rv only cost half the buds and 500 a week, lol j/k that sucks about the new house... i would prefer my family have that level of safety the way things are going in the world ,the warnings i get from my buddy in the sherrifs dept, and going to wallys and seeing they have no ammmo, i wanna get as far from civilazition as possible, maybe i should rent that pad from you, be the caretaker ,ride my toys all the time again, i miss bfe, but ya gotta do what you feel is best, my girls liked it when we lived way out, we were free and i hate having neighbors, trade u a gsc for a couple lbs azomite *wink* i have gotten where i can tell when they want some azomite, they get like junkies for that stuff,lol i open the tent and they are all scratching themselves and sweating,shaking begging for their "rocks" :rofl:

Grab a few pounds and come take a look, the azomite I'm talking about lol. I'd work something out if you wanted to live there. Take care of a few things and well be good to go lol.

Does it make you feel better knowing mine get tossed into the garbage? I don't even compost them as I got paranoid about someone seeing them in there. :blalol:

How do you propagate BID? If I want 20 clones, I take 25 or 30, then choose the best 20. The other 5-10 could still be healthy plants, but it's survival of the fittest! :winkyface:

I chuck plants too, and it always bothers me. I don't expect I'll ever get completely over it, but it sure is getting easier. :)

I've seen leaves look like that and not always been able to solve it. Some of those do look like a deficiency. With RO, I tend to suspect Ca or Mg. If you're applying 5mL/g, that's not bad. I think that's the low end of their recommendation, isn't it? We use different nutes, but I emailed GH asking about what I should change going from very hard tap water to RO. They simply said add more calmag. I'd be wary of adding too much extra metals the last week of flowering, but otherwise, I'd probably bump up the calmag slightly. I don't see what looks like burn to me, so you're safe there so far.

Your garden looks great. It's awesome how far it's come along in such a short time. :goodjob:
For the amount of effort you put into this while still staying focused on your family, you deserve a big pat on the back. I suspect you're not getting enough kudos, so... Kudos my friend! :bravo:

So you're not moving at all now, or just another change of plans? There are certainly trade offs when you live remotely. I can see how living closer to town would be desirable with young children.

Can you build a small shed type structure at your rental? Just plan to tear it down when you're done. Build the walls and roof as module pieces, put all electrical in one wall panel, plumbing in another, etc. Can you move to another rental closer to the ranch, yet still close to a community?

Man things are so crazy right now I dont even know?? Sorry. Man I dont even know what to say. I need a day off lol

I sometimes have that problem and it can sometimes be heat/wind stress as well as under watering. With smartpots its better to water less more often and they do need a break between feedings.

Thats kinda what I am thinking but if anything I almst think there getting too much water. I didn't water them yesterday and this morning when I did they went straight to puffy and clawed looking so I dunno. I did start a fresh brew of compost tea so hopefully between the poop soup and some fresh cal mag they pick back up? Luckily all the new growth looks great. I did notice that with all the light feeding I have done with almost no straight watering the runoff in the tent was off the charts ppm wise the hanna meter was just blinking 2000 so I know they have gotten too much. This time I started flushing two weeks ahead of time. Had a complaint of the meds burning like a road flare so adjustments will hopefully solve that. I am trying to save up to get a high brix kit and the super soil to start cooking so I can load August and Sept.'s reload's with it and see if that doesnt work much better for final product for me. I am starting to see CO and CA growers flood the market much earlier in the year so only thing I can think of is get a better product and try my best to compete with Dirt Cheap prices.
Its always something

good weed s1ing:)

Sorry I havent been present mate. I am curious what your temps are in the root zone? How much water per pot? I think your soup will definitely help them.

The plants curling up like that is a sign of toxicity in my experience. But if they straighten out after a hour or two they should be cool.

Hoping everything goes smooth for you over the next couple of months. +reps for the hard work your doing bro I know you got a full plate.

GMan things are so crazy right now I dont even know?? Sorry. Man I dont even know what to say. I need a day off lol

I am starting to see CO and CA growers flood the market much earlier in the year so only thing I can think of is get a better product and try my best to compete with Dirt Cheap prices.
Its always something

No worries my friend. Yes, you probably do need a few days off. I still believe myself when I say "it's gonna lessen up soon" :rofl:

Do you mean the outdoor crops are hitting AZ earlier? Like when? My next batch should finish around mid august, so I was hoping I would be popping at the peak of the dry spell. Then expect a crappy market for a few months when the outdoor comes in.

No worries my friend. Yes, you probably do need a few days off. I still believe myself when I say "it's gonna lessen up soon" :rofl:

Do you mean the outdoor crops are hitting AZ earlier? Like when? My next batch should finish around mid august, so I was hoping I would be popping at the peak of the dry spell. Then expect a crappy market for a few months when the outdoor comes in.
Yeah I keep thinking "Once all the setup is completed and it's just routine plant maintenance" lol. NOT always is something. I dont know for sure but it's looking like there bringing in leftover last years or some indoor stuff and trying to beat the Croptober rush and drop in prices. I sure hope your able to convert you Aug. Harvest before it's flooded? Stuff was sure different ten years ago.

Sorry I havent been present mate. I am curious what your temps are in the root zone? How much water per pot? I think your soup will definitely help them.

The plants curling up like that is a sign of toxicity in my experience. But if they straighten out after a hour or two they should be cool.

Hoping everything goes smooth for you over the next couple of months. +reps for the hard work your doing bro I know you got a full plate.

Thanks so much shottafire. I gave em each a drink of tea along with some straight water. I had layered the top of the soil with "Roots" Elelment I think is the name. Some stinky a$$ Cal Mag supplement, the stinch is from a dry form of fish protein. I think its the right stuff to use later when I get doc bud's high brix kit. I was up there late yesterday as the Sun was setting and let me tell you it's been a challenging month to say the least. So let's see? Transplanted 7 of the cuts that rooted into 1/2 gallon grow bags, they were "Cookies" from two seperate phenos and will be a new strain to flower out for me, hopefully they will cooperate and compliment the OG Kush pheno I have been working with since late last year. So far so good, we'll know more soon. One strain grows more like the OG but the other is so pretty I just have to test both lol. I also dropped two regular Bubba Kush from HSO for backup and maybe if I am lucky a better cut. I also transplanted the Female Seeds White Widow x Big Bud thats been patiently waiting in it's .5 L or Gallon Air Pot. It's amazing how the air pruning type containers can keep a plant from getting root bound. It was really over due by say three weeks. The plants in room A got there second watering with straight ph'd ro water with 2 ML's per L so 8 ml's per gallon for a total of 30ML's per fur gallons of water. It's in need of way more than I am giving them cause the run off is still off the charts. Next round I will feed them even less than the 2/3rd strength.
I cleaned up the bottoms of room B's reload plants that are about a week into flip, maybe 1/2 way done stretching or a lil more, wonder how it would work cloning the lower stuff I threw out cause wow how much stuff went to waste. I would possible have to alter my schedule to compensate for the extra time the cuts would need to get back in shape? Any ideas about this? Would love to be more efficient and waste less. I also put up the 2nd net and installed a set of drip emitters that work along with two sprinkler manifolds, one 4 port and one 8 port and the 13th plant (oops) gets watered by hand. There is something just not right with that room and the plants in it. Maybe the main factor is that some of them were from sub par cuts? A couple of them were runts and one or two of them were in small containers for too long. Another thing I realized is how messy the Sunshine Advanced #4 can be when transplanting and how if you dont get all the dust/residue off the lower leaves it really causes some issues. So of course I am doing things different now and trying to keep em cleaner. I am hoping that was my main issue but even without the soils help I get alot of dust and dirt getting into the cabin and getting all over the plants. Maybe a big mushroom type heap filter for an intake would help? So it's time for a couple of pics.
DSCN012712.JPG
DSCN01289.JPG
DSCN01305.JPG
DSCN01295.JPG

Some of the cookies
DSCN01317.JPG

Room A's reload, say two weeks from flip?
DSCN01325.JPG

Come on Bubba:)
DSCN01339.JPG

they do look good the hard work is paying off! i think youll love the high brix, the plants just go on auto pilot and you do little things and they respond wonderfully !! no ppms or ph to think about its all self adjusting naturally,, its like the stress is gone, and you get to sit and enjoy watching them grow! i may have stumbled onto something special with coco & hi brix i got a reading of 25 brix on my blue dream 3 tests in a row, 17-20 is about the highest anyone has gotten so far, ! crazy!, keep up the good work bfam :thumb:

they do look good the hard work is paying off! i think youll love the high brix, the plants just go on auto pilot and you do little things and they respond wonderfully !! no ppms or ph to think about its all self adjusting naturally,, its like the stress is gone, and you get to sit and enjoy watching them grow! i may have stumbled onto something special with coco & hi brix i got a reading of 25 brix on my blue dream 3 tests in a row, 17-20 is about the highest anyone has gotten so far, ! crazy!, keep up the good work bfam :thumb:

Do you think your meter is on the blink? 25? Maybe you need to call Guinness lol.
What about how high or hard our water is on the PH Scale with using it straight with high brix growing? I guess if you lowered it down it would kill any bennies eh? It's looking like we found a place on 3 acres but the downside is I will have to drive 55 miles one way to get to my gardens. I might be able to squeeze another 12 months out of my truck but with having to drive over 100 miles round trip to water my girls I better invest in some automation? Only problem is I've sold about everything I had of value including two of my Guns and one of them is my AR:(
Oh well can't live in a firearm and in the long run being a homeowner again I will be able to get another one one day, it's all good in the hood lol

a refractometer is just a glass prism no batteries/electronics just 1 screw to adjust calibration i checked that twice, you squeeze out some juice from the leaves put it on the lense/prism close it has a transparent cover called a daylight plate you hold it up to a light source and look in the back end it refracts the light coming in thru the sample and depending on how much "sugar" is held in suspension it give you a reading its shown in blue and white where the 2 meet on the scale is your reading, icemud had some hitting in the 20s a couple grows back, its not like i am having a reading thats off the charts 50 times normal, it goes up to 32 brix, it may be reading to high for some reason but ive tested that plant 3 times and its been 25,24,24
i dont think ph or water hardness has anything to do with it at all, maybe i just got lucky, or a freak plant, to my knowledge nobody has ever tried high brix in coco before, maybe its got something to do with that, idk but i sure hope its really that high, cuz that would be some seriously powerful and valuable bud!! i have alot more testing to do and stuff to figure out, so time will tell, sounds like you got the living arrangment thing worked out sounds less than ideal but hey joke em if they cant take a f**k! i know you'll make it wok somehow and come out smellin like a rose err um a bud!! lol:thumb:
be well bfam

Back
Top Bottom