Sad day: need some advice

Budsmokersonly

Over the last month or so, Ive been noticing some small webs on the bottom of my plant which has been in flower for about 50 days now. I assumed it was spider mites and tried to control it by spraying with chili water with castile soap but was a little nervous because it already had nice flowers on it. I proceeded anyway and a few days later noticed my buds weren't as frosty as before. I though maybe it was just me. However, today I found that my main cola and a few branches have bud rot. When gently tugging on a few leaves that curled up, I found that patches of bud just started to fall apart and there was a fat caterpillar fucking shit up in there. I am pretty bummed to say the least, considering it was the strongest and best looking plant. My question is, is there anything I can do or should I just burn this bitch. Also, what should I do in the future for caterpillars? I still have three plants left and don't want to fuck them up. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 20200626_104114.jpg
    20200626_104114.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20200626_104127.jpg
    20200626_104127.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 95
Get some scissors and cut the rot out so it does not spread and start picking through the thing daily so you do not see any more large caterpillars. Get them off before they get large.
A trip to a hydro shop might be in order to get something stronger than soap and peppers.

Baccillus Thuringiensis Kurstakii. I actually have no idea if I spelled that right. Safer's BTK. It's a strain of bacteria that kills caterpillars, and nothing else. You get it in liquid form and spray it on your plants. Do not add anything but water, it already has a surfactant added, and you do not want anything to harm the bacteria, ie soap, capsaicin.

Back
Top Bottom