Sad little White Walker

denajohn

I read the section about required information in order to get good help but don't know everything that was listed. Anyway, my question/problem is with my White Walker Kush. I planted the seed directly into the soil on 3/25. The medium used is Miracle-Gro Moisture Control potting mix. The temperature stays around 75 degrees F and the humidity is normally in the high 40's % to low 50's %. It is growing in a 5 gallon bucket. The only water it gets is from a spray bottle. I tend to "spritz" it every time I walk by (about 5 times a day). I was waiting for the leaves to droop before I poured water into the potting mix. I read the bag of potting mix and it said N=0.21%, P=0.11% and K=0.16%. I have not added any nutrients. In the last few days some of the leaves are beginning to curl and turn brown at the edges. I have attached 3 pictures that will, hopefully, show what I mean. I would really hate to loose this plant. I started this grow with 4 different strains and am not having any problems with any of them but this one. Anyway, this is my first grow since the days when the
WWK_3.JPG
WWK_2.JPG
WWK_1.jpg
only seeds available were commercial grade Mexican seeds that you would find at the bottom of the baggie. So if you can offer any advice, please make it like something you would find in a "Growing for Dummies" book. Thanks.

I have to concur with GreeenFingers. Give that puppy some water STAT. There are holes in the bottom of the bucket - correct?

Thank you TanR and Greenfingers for your replies. I have added water to all of my plants. I have 4 different strains growing. TanR...yes, I drilled 4 holes about the size of pencil diameter through the sides at the bottom of each bucket. I have another question...two of my strains are Sativa and the other two are Indica. All were planted one month ago today. All of them are between 5 and 7 inches tall. Does that seem about right? Right now 4 are growing under 8, 32 watt fluorescent tubes and the other 4 are growing under 8 32 watt tubes with a 250 watt HPS off to the side. I also have a 400 watt HPS but it is unplugged as I was concerned about frying them when they were young. Again, thanks for your assistance.

I typically water in veg when the bottom fan leaves just start to droop. It can literally be a few hours difference between a few fan leaves and all of them drooping.

I could the be wrong here but the damage on those leaves doesn't appear to be from lack of water. It looks more like a nutrient burn. Guessing but the leaves look pretty dark green in those pics which may indicate a nitrogen toxicity. The plant is still pretty young and miracle grow can be pretty hot. Also, you may not need to fully saturate the pots for a few weeks because right now they are pretty big for those size of plants.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420

Thanks mrbubbles87, I read your post then started looking on the net for pictures of examples of your diagnosis. Guess what...I found numerous photos of plants with nutrient burn and they looked just like mine. Like I said in my original post, I haven't done this in many years and figured Miracle-Gro would solve my problems with trying figure out what nutrients to add. I guess they got me with the line on the bag that says "your plants will grow twice as big". :) Oh well, you live and learn. Anyway, thanks again for your input.

Thanks mrbubbles87, I read your post then started looking on the net for pictures of examples of your diagnosis. Guess what...I found numerous photos of plants with nutrient burn and they looked just like mine. Like I said in my original post, I haven't done this in many years and figured Miracle-Gro would solve my problems with trying figure out what nutrients to add. I guess they got me with the line on the bag that says "your plants will grow twice as big". :) Oh well, you live and learn. Anyway, thanks again for your input.
Glad I mentioned it. I'm always hesitant because I don't want to give bad advice but I love helping people :)

Sometimes that can happen even in fox farms ocean forrest. Usually you just give them straight water til they grow out of it. The plants just too small for that much food but once it gets bigger it will be fine.

I don't advise using miracle grow soil but in all honesty it can still grow great cannabis. In the future you may want to look at local hardware stores like Lowe's or home depot. Usually they offer Promix which is a very good mix to start with for an affordable price.

Also one lesson I've learned the hard way is less is always better. Cannabis can grow with a very little amount of food and even water. Sometimes doing that will even increase resin production. Keep your nutrients low for the first run and then decide if they need more or less but the timing of your fade. Too early and it needs higher dosing, too late and there's too much food in the soil still.

Back
Top Bottom