SAFA's Indoor LED Grow Lights Setup

My LED's look like a rummage sale! I'll be interested to see what the folks across the pond are getting their hands on. Cheers @Sinbad91, luck to your grow!

Hi, also from SA looking for a small good quality light , choosing between a mars 48, quantum board 90 watt or intellisun 135 watt. being a newbie at indoor growing what wil be the better choice ?

Howsit Martin.

There isn’t that much info on the intellisun. It’s quite possible that it’s a decent Lumiaire. What we do know for certain is that HLG is a great light. If I were you i’d Go for the safer bet? Also, Intellisun only has a 6 month warranty. Any half decent LED should have at least three years.

@Smeegol @irie lion @Peter Green @Strainyourbrain could possibly help with lights. I use cheapie cfls for cuts and keeping mother's going through winter but the other ous could point you in a good direction. Much more experience indoors than me. Lekker boet !

Howzit @martin coetzee & @Sinbad91 welcome to the 420Mag. :ganjamon: I am not a LED man i am yet to make the move. Everyone around here has been raving over the Mars Hydro LED's i have heard only great things. They are available in South Africa with reasonable pricing - check out hydropronic . co . za.
If you're planning a grow or have got one going, start up a grow journal so we can follow your journey and give some input - it's always lekker checking out more local grows. :cheer::bongrip:
Happy growing! :Namaste: Peace

Howsit @Peter Green

I’m based in Jozi, but we’ve already engaged with distributors country wide.

The light is designed to compete against the more high end LED grow lights on the market (mars & HLG being prime examples) but with a price tag that makes sense for South Africans. We keep importing these pro lights from abroad and slapping a 20% duty on them and for what? We have the necessary infrastructure in SA to develop these high quality fixtures ourselves!

I can’t give away too much as we’re still in our final testing, but here’s a single image of our test tent as a teaser..

Will keep you all posted on this thread though!

Attachments

• 0B4FED31-979A-4529-9701-FD265991235A.jpeg
    0B4FED31-979A-4529-9701-FD265991235A.jpeg
    649.5 KB · Views: 218
Hey @Sinbad91, it's looking good in there :bravo: Plants are looking healthy, they stretched well. Seems your light is doing the job.
Have a lekker rest of the week! :ganjamon:

Shot Irie, so far so good!

I’ve been pushing the limits of the light clearance to see where the plants start to burn. I have buds 10cm from the light and they’re still chuffed. It helps to spread the light out evenly across the canopy!

I did notice that your grow (at 21 days) seemed to have a tad more frost development than what I have. This could be attributed to many things though. Will be keeping an eye on that!

Side note, any of you South Africans growing hydroponically? Would love to have a chat about nutes. If so let me know what you use.

I did notice that your grow (at 21 days) seemed to have a tad more frost development than what I have. This could be attributed to many things though. Will be keeping an eye on that!
I'd say that's mostly genetics, i think if you'd like to test the light properly you'd need 3-4 clones from the same mother each under a different light source (CMH, HPS, LED, your light) to get an idea of how well your light works in comparison to the others. :ganjamon: There are large scale growers in South Africa growing with lights from Fluence Bioengineering that look similar to your build. I am not sure if you could get your hands on one of their fixtures, but if you can match their lights or even get close you will be winning! :yahoo:
I will also say that iv'e never experienced frost build up so early like this current grow, so i think it's got to do largely with my grow skills improving with every single run and accessing high quality, better genetics as time goes on.

Yeah we’ll definitely be testing our light against a few others using clones in the future!

With regard to the design and build of our light, we’re not about reverse engineering others work. I’m sure the Spydr is as killer as the reviews say though! Our light uses a spectrum that we developed ourselves over time. We’ve spent a few years developing our Vegetable grow light, and our Cannabis build is designed around that. With obvious adaptations to the spectrum for flowering. This test is to ensure those adaptations do indeed Optimise flowering.

:rollit:

Attachments

• AF955599-83EE-4F5E-A520-D74880E11A66.jpeg
    AF955599-83EE-4F5E-A520-D74880E11A66.jpeg
    796.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 9034EDBE-C472-4928-B573-A567F2AB80B8.jpeg
    9034EDBE-C472-4928-B573-A567F2AB80B8.jpeg
    960 KB · Views: 226
  • C9F66B94-0A65-4980-959F-577A02F90214.jpeg
    C9F66B94-0A65-4980-959F-577A02F90214.jpeg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 6DB15F84-3A19-4B81-9F84-84B836235155.jpeg
    6DB15F84-3A19-4B81-9F84-84B836235155.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 212
Looking great Sindbad, plants are looking lekker healthy and happy! :bravo::morenutes:
What strain is it?

Nice bro, it's an auto hey?

Back
Top Bottom