Safest ISO

Mastrmasn

Having seen first hand the dangers of making oil with ISO I'm scared to death of it. With that said I miss smoking great oil and want to make some myself.
Can someone point me to a great how to using ISO used in the safest manner possible hopefully not involving heat.

I let my iso sit in a jar capped with stems and sugar leaves for a day or two. Drain it into a coffee filter, which then drains into a dish. Let it evaporate for how ever long, when little is left, burn off the alcohol, then scrape and drip into viles. Now that’s for oil, shatter I have no idea

It takes about two days soaking, about a day draining, about 3-7 days evaporating (depending on how much is in there) and about a day to scrap and drop into viles. As long as you don’t use any res or roaches or anything, (straight stems and shake) the oil looks black but it’s actually green. Spreads nice yes, on papers or anything really, I wouldn’t eat it but it’s definitely smokable. Also you must use the 99.9% isopropyl or quality is crap

My Iso Extractions go as follows:

:Namaste:
I fill a 1 gallon jar about 2 inches from the top w/ Trim/Popcorn nugs, fill jar with 99.9% ISO, till the buds are submerged. shake and strain through a coffee filter so you're left with just the golden/yellow colored ISO. i usually do this 2-3 times and most of the time i will just combine all the washes into one big batch. The golden ISO gets poured into a Pyrex glass pan, and that gets put on an electric hot plate, to Evaporate Outdoors. (Big, Flat ones for making Pancakes/grilled cheese) at 140 degrees F. (Mine heats to desired temp and turns off automatically). Roughly 6-8 hours later the ISO is evaporated and you,re left with a golden layer of oil across the bottom of the pan. I then scrape it into a pile and whip it all together for about 5 minutes, and place it back on the heat @ 140 for another 10-15 minutes. If done right you're left with a decent amount of 'High Quality Shatter' i Used a little less then an ounce of trim/popcorn nugs, and got a a little less then a 10 gram return in Oil. Good Luck and if anyone tries id love to see the results!

For best results, let the oil 'cure' and set up for about a week, or get to dabbing immediately

Attachments

• ISO Shatter 1.jpg
    ISO Shatter 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • ISO Shatter 2.jpg
    ISO Shatter 2.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 163
My Iso Extractions go as follows:

:Namaste:
I fill a 1 gallon jar about 2 inches from the top w/ Trim/Popcorn nugs, fill jar with 99.9% ISO, till the buds are submerged. shake and strain through a coffee filter so you're left with just the golden/yellow colored ISO. i usually do this 2-3 times and most of the time i will just combine all the washes into one big batch. The golden ISO gets poured into a Pyrex glass pan, and that gets put on an electric hot plate, to Evaporate Outdoors. (Big, Flat ones for making Pancakes/grilled cheese) at 140 degrees F. (Mine heats to desired temp and turns off automatically). Roughly 6-8 hours later the ISO is evaporated and you,re left with a golden layer of oil across the bottom of the pan. I then scrape it into a pile and whip it all together for about 5 minutes, and place it back on the heat @ 140 for another 10-15 minutes. If done right you're left with a decent amount of 'High Quality Shatter' i Used a little less then an ounce of trim/popcorn nugs, and got a a little less then a 10 gram return in Oil. Good Luck and if anyone tries id love to see the results!

For best results, let the oil 'cure' and set up for about a week, or get to dabbing immediately

I do almost the exact same thing. Mine comes out green though. I pour it into Pyrex container after soaking for 24-48 hours in said jar with trim/stems/shake. I don’t hear it up, I just let it evaporate in a cool room (normally the basement) once most of it is evaporated I burn the rest of the alcohol off with a lighter, then scrape it up with a exacto knife. Drop oil into viles, then transfer onto a pin, and onto a hot knife for some amazing hot blades!!

Once the oil is in the vile, it looks black, but when you tip it over and it starts to slowly run, you can see it’s actually green. It’s great stuff! :thumb:

You should check out Rosin.
No residue at all.
Just some lipids, fat's and waxes when the THC is gone.

I do almost the exact same thing. Mine comes out green though. I pour it into Pyrex container after soaking for 24-48 hours in said jar with trim/stems/shake. I don’t hear it up, I just let it evaporate in a cool room (normally the basement) once most of it is evaporated I burn the rest of the alcohol off with a lighter, then scrape it up with a exacto knife. Drop oil into viles, then transfer onto a pin, and onto a hot knife for some amazing hot blades!!

Once the oil is in the vile, it looks black, but when you tip it over and it starts to slowly run, you can see it’s actually green. It’s great stuff! :thumb:

For safety, I wouldn't leave an open pan of alcohol to evaporate in the house. Too much chance of fire or explosion if there is an ignition source. Also I use Ethyl Alcohol because it isn't poison, but it is also very dangerous.

Be aware that alcohol in a confined space is also dangerous because you can be overcome by the fumes. And you can't tell when you get alcohol poisoning because it is being absorbed through your lungs.

I think you can avoid the "green" by freezing your bud and alcohol before mixing. If the mix still appears green, stick it in the sun for an hour to clear it up.

FP. :peace:

IMG_20190831_090912.jpg
IMG_20190831_095727.jpg

For safety, I wouldn't leave an open pan of alcohol to evaporate in the house. Too much chance of fire or explosion if there is an ignition source. Also I use Ethyl Alcohol because it isn't poison, but it is also very dangerous.

Be aware that alcohol in a confined space is also dangerous because you can be overcome by the fumes. And you can't tell when you get alcohol poisoning because it is being absorbed through your lungs.

I think you can avoid the "green" by freezing your bud and alcohol before mixing. If the mix still appears green, stick it in the sun for an hour to clear it up.

FP. :peace:

IMG_20190831_090912.jpg
IMG_20190831_095727.jpg
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom