Safest nutrients for hydroponic lettuce and veggies?

Bluenoser

Hello all,
I'm growing my own medicine (I'm a cancer survivor and am disabled with severe chronic pain) and so I figured I should also be growing my own food.

Since last summer was an absolute gardening disaster outside due to slugs, bad weather, and whatever else stunted everythings growth, I figured this year I'd put out a bunch of DWT bubbler buckets and see what I can grow that way.

My question is about the nutrients I should use to grow things like leafy green veggies that will be eaten raw, right after picking.

Alot of nutrients I've seen for growing weed have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them, and I'm concerned about the possible negative health effects of consuming anything grown in them.

I like to use a product called "Aquaflakes A + B" for my cannabis plants, and have actually seen some people growing lettuce and other veggies using that same nutrient, but I'm still wondering if it is safe.

Is there a specific nutrient that any of you would recommend?

One day I'll get into Aquaponics and other organic methods, but for now, I just want to add nutes and go with the methods I'm familiar with.

Thanks!
:)

Hello all,
I'm growing my own medicine (I'm a cancer survivor and am disabled with severe chronic pain) and so I figured I should also be growing my own food.

Since last summer was an absolute gardening disaster outside due to slugs, bad weather, and whatever else stunted everythings growth, I figured this year I'd put out a bunch of DWT bubbler buckets and see what I can grow that way.

My question is about the nutrients I should use to grow things like leafy green veggies that will be eaten raw, right after picking.

Alot of nutrients I've seen for growing weed have all kinds of nasty chemicals in them, and I'm concerned about the possible negative health effects of consuming anything grown in them.

I like to use a product called "Aquaflakes A + B" for my cannabis plants, and have actually seen some people growing lettuce and other veggies using that same nutrient, but I'm still wondering if it is safe.

Is there a specific nutrient that any of you would recommend?

One day I'll get into Aquaponics and other organic methods, but for now, I just want to add nutes and go with the methods I'm familiar with.

Thanks!
:)

Anyone have an opinion on this subject??
I can't be the ONLY one growing veggies in hydroponics!

Back
Top Bottom