Safety question, can a humidifier damage CMH lights?

kayciweed

Hi everyone. Happy new year! It might be the GSC but....

Can a humidifiers vapoirs cause any damage to a CMD light?

I am worried about safety and causing a fire. I normally wouldn't be, but i noticed the local cops caught someone because they had a fire.

Anyway, it can't hurt to be cautious.

I run a 315 watt cmh light, a little room fan, an exhaust fan up top and the humidifier.

Any other safety tips would be appreciated.

You'll need to check the manual. Electronics is usually rated for 90% non-condensing humidity. If you direct the humidified air away from the light, you should be safe.

The most likely time to have condensation in your grow space is when the light first comes on, as that's usually when the temperature is the lowest, and humidity the highest. The water carrying capacity of air doubles with each 10°C / 18°F rise in temperature. With a CMH the humidity will drop quickly.

You'll need to check the manual. Electronics is usually rated for 90% non-condensing humidity. If you direct the humidified air away from the light, you should be safe.

The most likely time to have condensation in your grow space is when the light first comes on, as that's usually when the temperature is the lowest, and humidity the highest. The water carrying capacity of air doubles with each 10°C / 18°F rise in temperature. With a CMH the humidity will drop quickly.
What does the 90% non condensing mean?

Vaporizers are more of a misting machine? (Cool mist) That could potentially cause issues. Got to watch where the mist is directed.

@Old Salt @TLC

What does this all mean functionally? Sorry, i still don't get the full picture.

I have moved the direction of the mist from the humidifier, but at the end of the day it is in a 3x3 tent. Would i be better off looking for another way to sort humidity?

I need to know worst case, what i can do to reduce chances of it, etc etc. I really want the big picture so i can assess it and decide on course of action.

I am worried that something will explode or whatever when i am not here. That may seem over the top, but i would prefer to look at wprst case and then have a plan in place.

I use a 3x5 room. With the venting filter/fan I could never get the humidity up even if I wanted to.. the humidity would go outdoors . Maybe with a larger space it would be more practical.
Maybe go without humidifier and see how it goes. What’s your humidity reading without the humidifier?

I use a 3x5 room. With the venting filter/fan I could never get the humidity up even if I wanted to.. the humidity would go outdoors . Maybe with a larger space it would be more practical.
Maybe go without humidifier and see how it goes. What’s your humidity reading without the humidifier?
Before i got the humidifier, i was getting anywhere from 25 to 40%, mainly sitting in the 30s. All mainly autos and at this stage new seedlings.

Just set the humidifier so it comes on below 60% humidity, and point the air or mist away from your light. It will be safe.
Thanks. So keep it under 60, got it!
It is pointing at the tent and then as the fan cycles it goes to either side.. I think all these fired are just getting to my head, everything is burning around me.

Back
Top Bottom