Salchipapa27's - Soil - Blue Mystic Auto - Grow Journal - 2016

Lmao :rofl: Yea i guess i was using some bad thinking. Ill try out a cigar spot tomorrow since theres no grow stores around here and then on sunday try a grow store if the cigar place didnt work out. I wonder if just one of those boxes they keep cigars in if properly sealed could be used to cure :idea::lot-o-toke:

I think since cigars are already using cured tobacco that the Humidors are designed to run at a different humidity. But I don't know I haven't been to one in a while.

Quick update. Thanks to VI's journal, I picked up cheap hygrometers and tested their off-icity to actual humidity. Marked them. and now are in the jars off the BM Auto 1 and BM Auto 2. Im referring to the two that started the journal their names are that as of now. I kept both harvests seperate because Im experimenting with the drying time going off of stem snaps and smell. The hay smell is disappearing on one of the jars a little bit more which would be BM Auto 2. On the BM Auto 1 however has a more slower dispersing of the hay/grass smell but the humidity gets HIGHHHH when closed. I deemed the many stems in there for fault because like VI also said it helps slow the cure by what im guessing retaining moisture? I think, and I cut a lot of them and watched the hygrometer stay more in the lower numbers but I had to leave for work so i'll see more later. BM Auto 3 seedling is getting LST training after getting cut it healed (Wire ties that are very bendy and quick fixes are to blame. But BM Auto 3 is definitely getting some light action going. ALTHOUGH! I do have to report that the pistils are huge and already poking out even on the developing leaves at the top. I don't know if this is because the lighting instead of my regular 18/6 was switched to 12/12 because I want to identify the Regular Seed 1 more faster. But I dont think so because from what I know Autos arent light dependent like that. Its already genetically pre determined so im just happy to see pistils and not weird formations from the Regular and I hope the regular does come around to be a female because it smells super dank :(.

Long story short.
-BM Auto 1 and BM Auto 2 are still curing, hay smell is less in the BMAuto2 and still a little bit more profound on BMAuto1 so I cut off stems to lower moisture in the jar.
-Lighting is now 12/12 to determine the danky regular seed's sex for sure.
-BM Auto 3 the seedling is getting bigger (Pictures later) and LST is going good and the break in the stem has healed. Already showing lots of pistils which im of course happy to see.

P/S- Blueberry should be coming soon! another journal will be created for it. Thank you everyone who still replies and who has replied and helped out. Im germinating two more regular seeds because I had another germinated and in the soil but it looked like it might of died some TLC helped it out and i see it pushing through the soil now so looks like timing is going to be a factor now. Pictures later on tonight. Thanks!

You could get more help and ideas from more experienced growers for any kind of problem you might deal with your grow. You just need to be a little bit more active in the forum. Make your signature with a link to your journal, ypload many pics, thoughts, techniques you use on plants, even a joke, follow a few other journals to see how other people find solutions to countless problems, and feel free to post and meet more people. Its certain that they would welcome you and , many more would rush in to help for you if they knew you are here. :thumb:

You could get more help and ideas from more experienced growers for any kind of problem you might deal with your grow. You just need to be a little bit more active in the forum. Make your signature with a link to your journal, ypload many pics, thoughts, techniques you use on plants, even a joke, follow a few other journals to see how other people find solutions to countless problems, and feel free to post and meet more people. Its certain that they would welcome you and , many more would rush in to help for you if they knew you are here. :thumb:

Thanks gyftobill! i will try what you recommended Im still happy I got a few responses and on lookers though. My next journal will really get things started and ill be trying to get input from everyone on that one. Since this is my first grow thats gone okay so far (still waiting on the cure to decide if it was hit or miss) And as for pics I got a few right no

20160315_085317.jpg

THE UNKNOWN! lighting has been 12/12 for a few days now. Just hope to see some real bananas or a little white pistil showing in the happy light. (Probably not going to happen).

20160315_085345.jpg
20160315_085331.jpg

This is the auto thats already showing pistils in my opinion it was pretty fast but I guess cause they are autos. The LST is still in effect after the stem break because it healed itself and hopefully I get can a full circle around before the bud sites start to really develop.

20160315_085359.jpg

This is another regular seed that was fighting through and made it to break soil. I hope this time it will show a lot of female characteristics.

:thumb:

Thanks gyftobill, I will try to see how that would work since im doing this sorta guerilla style. I lowered the light though a good distance for max and even light penetration. The regular showed real bananas and had to be taken down :/ still waiting on my blueberry order but I have two more seeds germinating.

Bm Autos were opened jared for a few days since the hay smell was a little over the top and I was lucky that nothing bad happened but the smell is going away for real this time. And Im starting to get hints of dank coming :thumb: the BM Auto 3 LST is going good.
20160320_205620.jpg
Nirvana freebie in the background. Doesnt seem to be doing too good I got another germinated and in a small soil pot. These freebies arent living up to their names lol .

20160322_184142.jpg
Just saw more lst pics of BM Auto 3 shes showing a lot of pistils already. Im happy to do this LST before when I didnt I kinda just watched them grow but now Im a little bit more versed in letting all the bud sites get a lot of light and its making me happy to see BM Auto 3s progress. I finally scotch taped her wound even though shes had a lot of grow past it but just for reinforcement plus she seemed to slow down a little and I hope the wound wasnt the reason so now its sealed

20160322_184142.jpg
Just saw more lst pics of BM Auto 3 shes showing a lot of pistils already. Im happy to do this LST before when I didnt I kinda just watched them grow but now Im a little bit more versed in letting all the bud sites get a lot of light and its making me happy to see BM Auto 3s progress. I finally scotch taped her wound even though shes had a lot of grow past it but just for reinforcement plus she seemed to slow down a little and I hope the wound wasnt the reason so now its sealed

how old is she?

Hey gyftobill, shes about a month old

I think she is about to explode in height. The first 2 weeks or so after they show pistils, they explode in growth. this is the period when you need to move your lights as high as you can. When the grow slows down you move the lights back close.

Well I just moved the light and give me a few minutes ill post up this weird finding i have...found, on the BM Auto 3. Shes stinkier than her of her kind before her. Todays not a grammar day im sorry everyone. ALSO i'd like to add that I must of done something from the drying to the cure with the BM 1 & BM 2 because they are dry as hell, almost frozen the leaves will crunch off almost dusty! but still crushable in a herb way. I will explain and show pictures of my SUPERBLY ghetto drying process. and btw its dry as hell like that in the jar and when I keep it closed for too long the hay smell comes back. Okay picture taking time.

20160326_185943.jpg
20160326_185958.jpg

Rare Discovery on an auto

Also here is my drying method. A cereal box with ties on going on the top and i tie the buds to the ties and then I keep a fan right in the opening and close one side. They get really dry in 2 days sometimes even one day most of them are dry. then they go into a jar cause i figured well i dont want them crazy dry and then no moisture left for the jar. But yea. Maybe someone can chime in on that one.

well it sounds like you dried them too fast. The air fan should not be directed on the buds cause blowing air on buds causes very fast drying. You must hang them or place them in a dark and cool place with SOME air movement in the room, just enough to circulate air and avoid mold. This process can take from 3 to 7 days. An other way to know if they are dry enough to enter jars , is when they are very crispy from the outside but still bounce back if you press them with your fingers. Then you put them into jars for cure. You need to keep the hum at 60- 65 inside the jars for curing to happen. There are cheap meters for that. personally i don't use any even though i'm a first timer myself.

I'm at the stage of harvesting, drying and curing also. What i told you is what i learned in here. There are many details in here if you want to look it up.

Yeah i think next time maybe ill try to box but instead of the fan on it directly ill just poke a few holes and have the fan on the outside maybe. I definitely agree that the drying time was fast but I was also scared to rush putting it in the jars cause I didnt want the cure to get moldy. But its just really dry bud. My friend rated it at 7.8/10 which i was surprised about. Next harvest will be more better

question, do you think if I HAD a male in the tent but the pollen sacs never popped i should still clean down the grow tent? I didnt wait anytime to clean and just started the next grow and im worried that even though the pollen sacs never popped that maybe thats why i found that growth on the auto

Back
Top Bottom