Salt build up in coco?

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone back with another question, don't worry I am remembering what everyone tells me, also making my own little help book just in case I run in to a problem in the future too.

I have grown in coco before but I have never had this much salt build up ever, it's almost like a salt desert, 3-4mm coating on top and their is now a lot of white mould like on the sides of the pots.

What would cause this and what's the best way to clear the medium without sacrificing my plants at such a late stage of flowering (41 days).

I was feeding 2.5ml per litre and for the past 2 days I have been feeding 1.5ml per L and if anything it caused more mould on the first pot?

I have a dehumidifier in their so I can't see it being humidity maybe?

Thanks everyone.

I was so nervous on this issue with the fabric pots. That I cut little hole in the bottom and sides for more drainage. If you are that concerned that much I would ph a few buckets of ph water thru them. And then top with a light fertilizer. I think in the end you want to get rid of those salt. I would even go as far as trying to scrape that top layer of dirt off before I flushed but very slowly and carefully

Thanks buddy I think I'm going to cut the A&B off and scrape the top like yourself and may top of with fresh coco maybe.

Plants should pick up all the sales as food shouldn't they?

I'm going to change my base nutrients I think as I can't be dealing with this.

I am sure you remember me saying I was using advanced nutrients and I switched to Gaia Green. But I had to do extra to make it work with lots of teas to create microbes But I was in veg when I switched and not flower. So I would be Leary of switching now if already in flower

I used to have this problem when i used GH. Also, how hard is your water?
Our tap water is from a limestone aquifer and is pretty hard.
We have to constantly descale our faucets, water heater, etc.
Could be residuals from hard water but most likely salts from nutes.
Another easy way to add microbes to your soil is adding worm castings. Either mix in or top dress and water on top!

I'm looking into mega crop and I have no idea on how hard it i s, my water ppm is 70-80 is all I know bud.
If you have hard water it will show on pots and pans especially aluminum ,pots or pans. You should also be able to ask your city staff about water testing results they have done.

Their on 12L pots and receive around 1.5-7L per day and my water company is far from trust worthy they keep getting wrong for incorrect data, shows that any water from our town should run 7.0 ph from the tap, it's 8.4 from ours and worse at other houses.

Hey @higherthehigh ,

At 8.4 your water is very hard.

You're plants are healthy though right?

Do you think it's minerals from the water or nutes building up?

I use AN and MegaCrop - highly recommend the MegaCrop .

I'm going to watch this thread in case a great answer comes up - I'd like to know what the heck that is!

I have no idea about my water really but every time I feed I always make sure it's PH'd to 5.8, the thing is I am going by my old feed schedule that I know works great for me but now all of a sudden this salt build up and I haven't done anything different, only running Canna Nutrients too.

Back
Top Bottom