SaltyNSour

Hello All,

I have a few projects going on, so i'll start my log with one of the F1s i bred last year.

Qapla Kush (friend's cultivar X Vanilla Pudding Kush F1)

Cultivar is OG X LA Confidential dad with cultivar mom.
The Vanilla is a cross i made back in 2011. Heavy Duty Fruity (mendo hashplant and bigbud) dad on Barney's Vanilla Kush. The end result is this Snack Pack smelling Vanilla Pudding cross.

I crossed the cultivar with the Vanilla to bring up the frost and hopefully effect. The original VK was a light effect, but very pleasant. Strong vanilla with light pine.
The cultivar was GAS, Garlic and Citrus.

The F1's are a very nice 60/40 VK leaning cross. the Vanilla and Pine are way strong, but aside from that seems very similar to the VK mom.

I'm using Happy Frog soil (first indoor soil grow, used hydro and coco only previously)
CNS 17 veg and bloom
FoxFarms Cha-ching final stage

I have a few Uoiuxc 200w QB's over the flower area.
and some Bloomspect SL1000s for veg/mom. I need to replace those as the UV is too strong for veg and is causing light damage.

For the most part the cheap chinese QB's work fine for flower, but so far they seem to have too strong UV for veg even at 50% power.

1619108414257.png

Currently I'm Hand watering every 2-3 days depending on the plant size/etc.
I plan to get irrigation in play soon.
I do not have a/c currently but need to get some before summer.

The Qapla should be 8-10 weeker based on parents.

My flower area is 10x2 ... odd shape but it was a pre-existing area in the garage and I had panda plastic.

I'm in 3 gallon pots currently. I start in 4inch or solos, once the seedling stage is over i move to 1gal. Then when it's flower time, they get 3 gallon pots. With handwatering this works best for me.

I have a bunch of fans, 6 inch clips on my light rack, couple of 10 inches blowing on the lamps, and box fans outside of the panda to keep the air moving in the rest of the room.

I have a DIY monitoring system to monitor soil moisture, air temp and humidity, light (lux) and it cost around $40 to make. Using opensource monitoring software and formula's I found on the web, I also can monitor Air VPD with this kit.

My humidity tends to hover around 45% in the flower room. Temps are around 75-80*f.

3rd one coming in.
going to replace the SL1000s in the flower area with this. While The SL1000s worked, they are more blue and uv than the Uoiuxc ones.
They wont be retired, just used for breeding.

1619119254133.png

Greatest strain name I've heard so far :rofl: That's brilliant. Looks great too. :yummy:
707 Truthband (dad, humboldt seed org) X Cataract Kush (mom, DNA Genetics)

grew out 12x 707s in 2020 outside, selected #5 as male. #6 fem, i kept cuts to pollinate with. It's like an artificial sour cherry headband. at least that's the terps i get.

The Cat, i got in 2011 and made a ton of crosses with at that time. In 2020 i made a few more.

i figured Keith likely has cataracts at this point. lol.

Moved things around in the flower area since the harvest. I'm collecting gear at the moment, and i just built a pvc 2x4x2 screen to put into this area for next grow.
Qaplas are back left and filling in nicely. Pick check day is May 9th.
The rest are SourMarc. I need to do a light defoil.
1619804956513.png

well shit.
Long story short, i'm slowly building my gear back up. IPM has been an issue since day one.
Found my first spider mite evidence on 1 of the Qapla's. So rather than risk the rest of the indoor. I moved the 3 Qaplas outside to finish their last 9 days or so.

you can see 2-3 phenos out of these plants. VK dom on two, leaf curl is genes not N issues.

They just wreak of vanilla and pine.

1619882799951.png
1619882812254.png

going to get some gear for a 2x2. I plan to reverse Strawberry Mango Haze cuts.

Saw the BESTVA all over here, figured why not. I like the green color and heatsinks.

1619986404588.png

Just need a 2x2 and fan now.

tomorrow's pick check day on the calendar for the Qapla's. I saw about 5% amber and no real cloudiness. considering all the issue's they've had, i'm glad they've made it to this point.

1620519069694.png
1620519080846.png
1620519095125.png

SourMARC
they are looking on target for the 17th still. Some might finish right on the dot, some still have another week past that. The tallest one (#8) that went past the lamps (46 inches from bench to lamp roughly) got moved to the end and i went vertical with one of the 220w QBs.
They are drinking abou 1 gallon a day each. I feel like #8 with the right lamps and more Cal would have been about another 6-12 inches taller. The post flip stretch is unreal on these genes.
1620519199389.png

Back
Top Bottom