Same plant - Different quality buds?

branson111190

Just wondering if you can get nugs that vary in quality from the same plant ? Recently got some off a friend of mine and it seems like there's some light fluffy (more brown than green , but not the kind of low-grade brown , has more hairs) mids , mixed with denser , greener high-grade . I don't think he'd do that , or if so it might've been by mistake (he likes to dabble in cannabis often as well as other things) .
So , what do you all think ?
Also , it seems the denser bud has more trichomes .

Most likely you got upper and lower buds in the same mix.
As far as the brown goes, it could just mean it was harvested in sections. When the top buds are nice and ready the bottom buds won't be so some people will let the lower buds go on the stalk a little longer to "ripen" up

In other words yes, you can have different quality buds on the same plant.

Okay , thanks for the reply . He did say he didn't know because he isn't the grower himself , but coupling what you said with my own grow knowledge , it makes sense , and I can see how this would happen . Some of the "brown" nugs have a good amount of crystals in some spots , others not so much , and to me seems like underdeveloped nugs from the same plant .
Again , thank you for the reply , it helped !

Unless your growing with a SCROG or some other method of keeping the buds at the same elevation from the lights every plant will have different quality of buds, and even with a SCROG there is going to be some difference in bud quality. What determines bud quality, denseness, amount of trichomes and over-all size is the amount of light it receives while budding. Not all buds get exactly the same amount of light. A bud which is 4 inches closer to the light receives more light then the one right below it or you could also say a bud directly in the center of the light gets more light then the bud at the same elevation but on the outer edge of the light All these things effect bud quality. That is why everyone who grows tries to maintain a level canopy so the majority of the buds are receiving the maximum amount of light possible.

Wow , thanks for useful info , I'll keep that in mind when I go to grow again !

Back
Top Bottom