Sam's 1st Grow - Nirvana JH, NL & AK48 In Coco

OK…. So time for my short summary and a smoke report. I decided last minute to add a few pictures. These are not the largest, best, frostiest examples just a random pull from random jars by a lazy ass.

Lessons learned:

Nutes:

You need a lot less than what you think you do. The recommended ppm/ec’s from the companies is inflated to sell more Nutes and the posted ratios are for a week’s worth in a reservoir system when looking at hydro growing topping off with water only.

Pot size:

For how I grow and my targets 3 gallon fabric pots is the smallest I will go. You get bigger plants that have a little more leeway in a larger medium. Same would apply to a reservoir in more traditional hydro setup.

Training/defoliation:

This can get out of control in a big hurry and I need to stay on top of things. The first 4 weeks of veg set you up for the rest of the race. Don’t waste it.

Observations:

I started another grow so I wanted to add some comments about what I have seen from Nirvana genetics vs a couple of others. Their plants seem to be shorter with tight node spacing but are heavy on the leaf structure. I have GHS, Sensi and Nirvana products growing now and I am seeing it repeat itself. Nice plants for smaller grows but air flow could be an issue if you don’t stay on top of the defoliation.

Individual plant breakdown:

AK48:

A short very dense, bushy plant with a very heavy yield. Lots and lots of leaves. The vegetation makes trimming a little more involved but overall a pretty low maintenance high yield plant.

Smoke wise is hard to give a true fair shake because it haven’t fully cured but the smoke is dense and heavy. The high is upbeat but very strong. The effects creep up on you for a bit longer than you would expect and you can end up quite stoned if you are not careful. Overall the effect was energizing and uplifting but not something to smoke if you intend to get much done. This would be the strain that I would go to when I wanted to get F-ed up. For me anyway it is way too racy to use before bed.

Jock Horror:

I had to harvest these gals a little too early for whatever reason but I am happy with the outcome. The plants have notably big sturdy stalks, branches and leaves leading me to believe that left unchecked they could be some large plants. They are a little less tolerant of stress when compared to the AK48’s and the Northern Lights.

Smoke wise this is my favorite by far. They have cured a while longer so that may have something to do with it but the smoke/smell is citrus and sage. The effect with just a little bit can be motivating, get off the couch and do something, talkative, and you can’t wipe the smile off your face. Smoke more and it gets more relaxing and intense in a Psycho-active way but no paranoia. I am growing this strain again.

Northern Lights:

Growth wise the Nirvana version is not as squat and compact as they describe. It’s a medium height/growth structure with a good yield. Easy to grow and care for.

Smoke wise it is very much as advertised. Medium/high potency with an evening vibe. Great for the couch and a movie or before bed. Flavor is slight but the smoke is full bodied. Sent is not as light as some claim it to be. Very good strain for nausea/digestive tract issues.

I am happy with the results. The quality of what I have grown potency wise at least is on par with what I have from the dispensary in CO. That is encouraging as I learned a lot and really plan on getting serious with this come late summer/fall this year. Thanks to all who followed.

I am not going to post much going forward in this journal. I will open a new one in the late summer fall when I start up again with hopefully some better knowledge and a solid plan. These little guys are my next run that got extremly rushed due to work taking up too much of my time and the hard stop with vacation. I need them done before I go out of town.

These little guys are 4 weeks veg. I don't count the first week above the medium from seed.

My little cheese plant... Hard to see the base but it is about as big around as my thumb.

I have very high hopes for this girl. The high from the dispensary product of the train wreck is really, really fun. I hope to match that with this girl.

Good luck with them, never tried pure Tranwreck but I’m sure it’s fire.
Thanks Penny. Your following and help has been much appreciated.

The Train Wreck is not overwhelmingly strong like the AK48 that I just grew but the high for me (and I preface that because everyone is different in what they like and their tolerance) but the high is like sitting with the monks in the mountains with the smell of incense lightly burning in the background, bright sunshine and clean fresh air, with not a care in the world. Pure relaxed euphoria. This was based of the dispensary product that I got which I am not sure of it's origin. It may have been from the clone out of Attica. The dispensary that I got it from touted a few clone only product FWIW. The seeds I have are Green House Seed Co the same as DeVille grew here.

Wow wow wow! This is all so great and detailed, I read it twice! I have lots of the same strains and/or want the others you’ve grown or are growing. Its safe to say we need to stay in touch and keep growing together.

I can’t wait to see what you do with these new gals! My outdoor plant is going to be a trainwreck auto so I am PUMPED based on your description! Lol Dammm those nugs are beautiful and I want to eat them! :D

Feel free to update your beauties in my journal so I can see them every once in a while!

Lol. You would have killed me with how much fluff and trim i threw out. Yikes. I tossed anything that was not a good sized nug and all the sugar leaf trim as the wife is not down with the smell so extracting and working with it is a no go.... working on the sell for that. It will take some time. :) thanks for your support.

Ummmmm we need to be neighbours lol ack! I would lose it! Hahaha I make poor @SwAggNiFiCeNt bring me everything! Lol
...like even their dead bodies!? Yes even their bodies...give em

You would have killed me for what i tossed. Full recycle paper bag full. I just cant process it with the way the wife is. Sad position is that what i don't use before this next harvest has to be disposed of. Living in a non legal state means keeping things below a felony charge. Sure would like to donate to ya and stop by for a cookie. :) tossing buds would really upset you but that is the reality of it.... lol

Nice report good looking home grown meds not too shabby .

Sorry for absence lately as apparently o haven’t been following you for some reason but I’m back again sadly at the end ?

Nice report good looking home grown meds not too shabby .

Sorry for absence lately as apparently o haven’t been following you for some reason but I’m back again sadly at the end ?

It's all good. Thanks for dropping by. I didn't weigh it (no scale) but after combining them after curing for a couple of weeks i still have 9 full to the brim jars. :)

Nice stash Sam! That will get you through the summer! Great summary as well brother! Loooking forward to seeing you do your next grow whenever that is!

I hope these last three turn out well. I am not sure if it will last or not with the wife now showing an interest in the meds. (j/k it will last. There is a lot, for me there).

I am looking forward to the next unhurried grow. I have learned a lot from you guys here and with all of you trying all these strains it has given me the itch. Drooling over seed selections on the sites is not something I thought I would be doing last year at this time. I just want new lights next run so I can adjust them individually to allow more flexibility in a perpetual.

Way to go Sam. Nice haul, very very good looking smoke man. Well detailed report. A big thanks from all of us on 420!!!! :goodjob::thanks::welldone::cheer::laugh::yummy:
Thanks for following along as well as the kind compliments. I was very pleased with this first run. After smoking and experimenting with it I will be growing out some more of the Jock Horror seeds that I have.

Back
Top Bottom