Sam's Fall & Winter Grow 2018

first page and in for the grow! Off to a good start.... And im glad you walked away... That could have been alot worse!

Gorgeous bike though!... Curious, as I heard this on radio Friday, what's your opinion on the whole tariff/moving some of their production to europe? Heard one guy say it won't hurt them, another guy said if they go against trump they'll be finished.

sorry for being off topic already! Lol
:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes::surf::ganjamon::bongrip:

"If I ever got off my ass and set up the automatic water system, I would have the easiest grows possible. "

Laughed when i saw that. :) Can relate to the statement.

Anyhow... with Coco as a media, can that be set up for "bottom up" watering? Like having it in a tray / saucer..autopot smartvalve setup??

I'm a soil person (50/50 potting mix and perlite my usual) but will probably try some form of hydro next grow cause i like to tinker. I am however, basically lazy and like simple auto watering. :)

Have been going through various iterations of smartvalve based watering. Supply the valves from a 20l jerry can on the shelf. All mechanical / hydraulic so no timers or electronics or any dependence on electrical supply involved and has been pretty reliable. Having to run a pump for hydro is do-able, but trying to keep things simple.

first page and in for the grow! Off to a good start.... And im glad you walked away... That could have been alot worse!

Gorgeous bike though!... Curious, as I heard this on radio Friday, what's your opinion on the whole tariff/moving some of their production to europe? Heard one guy say it won't hurt them, another guy said if they go against trump they'll be finished.

sorry for being off topic already! Lol
:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes::surf::ganjamon::bongrip:

I don't want to talk politics but Harley has to move some stuff off shore. Everything they export is hit with a 20-30% vat. I wish they would go back to a privately held company. Screw exporting and shareholders. The private sector owns the aftermarket anyways.

"If I ever got off my ass and set up the automatic water system, I would have the easiest grows possible. "

Laughed when i saw that. :) Can relate to the statement.

Anyhow... with Coco as a media, can that be set up for "bottom up" watering? Like having it in a tray / saucer..autopot smartvalve setup??

I'm a soil person (50/50 potting mix and perlite my usual) but will probably try some form of hydro next grow cause i like to tinker. I am however, basically lazy and like simple auto watering. :)

Have been going through various iterations of smartvalve based watering. Supply the valves from a 20l jerry can on the shelf. All mechanical / hydraulic so no timers or electronics or any dependence on electrical supply involved and has been pretty reliable. Having to run a pump for hydro is do-able, but trying to keep things simple.
I have thought about an auto watering system but the nutrients shift ph as they sit. I am not sure how that would work.

I used to use that same method......soak followed by paper towels, and finally into the growing medium whatever that may be. Since I started germinating my seeds in a hempy solo cup I can honestly say I wouldn't do it any other way (that I know of now) in the future. If you think about what exactly a seed needs to germinate successfully (moisture, warmth, oxygen) it's no wonder the hempy solo cup method works so well.

The perlite provides the seed with a tremendous amount of oxygen. It wicks up the water/nutrients from the reservoir which is below the hole in the cup. And it also is a fantastic medium in which to grow roots. There is no pre-soaking whatsoever, just drop them into a small hole made in the perlite. I do recommend scarifying your seeds if they have a lot of resin on them from the plant.

If anyone has an interest in trying this please feel free to send me a PM and I can give you more details. I don't want to hijack Sam's thread.
This is 4 days after dropping the seeds into the solo cups.

Nice! They are hatched:)

4/5 of my babies are up too!

Let’s get this show on the road:D

I am more than ready to get my grow on. I need to get the big tent up and get this DWC bucket going in the little tent. I got a little side tracked when my head started to object to the abrupt stop hitting that truck. Spent most of the day in the ER getting tests run after enduring a rather rough weekend with splitting headache. I thought it would pass but nope cuncussion central. Now I have quite the pill collection to take. On a side note sativa leaning plants are not for me headache wise.

No you need an indica for headache or cbd.

Dang that’s rough man, glad your on the mend!

DWC!? Take pics of the process please:)

I will try to document the DWC. It's going to be a simple one bucket trial just to try it out. Coco has treated me well and I love it but I would just like to keep the mess down and the amount of grow based waste from hitting the trash can which once you put it on the curb lawn jonnie law does not need a warrant to go through. I don't even put empty nute bottles in there.

Looks like your off to the races Sam! Im really digging the strains you chose especially the sour diesel! Its one that i really wanna grow but havent been able to buy yet. Looks great cant wait to see the final product.
I also read you had some issues with your rooters? It seems your well past it now but you said you put them under a dome. I use the rooters for seeds as well and in my experience you dont need a dome for seeds. I use the dome for clones but seedlings dont require as much humidity. I just soak the seeds till they crack open, stick them about 1/4 inch deep in the rooter, and put them straight under some t-5s. Then you just wanna keep the rooter plug damp but not soaked and within 5 days they should be up.
Anyway sorry for rambling on. Looking good!!!

Here they were as of this morning. Left side top is the blue dream, Right rear is the sour diesel, Right front is the Raspberry Cough and lower right is my amnesia Haze. The bottom leaves on the sour deisel look funny because she was leaning to side of the cup (they float around in coco if you water too fast) so I readjusted her. Wife was taking care of them while in was in the hospital for 3 nights. It's really kind of hard to screw things up in coco. I made the nuitrient product for her before I went in.

I started some very, light Nutrient solution on them yesterday and no negatives from it yet nor do I expect there to be but you never know with a new batch.

Here are a few shots
. I was in the hospital all week so the wife did what she could do.

Blue dream

Sour diesel

Raspberry Haze

Amnisiea Haze

I need to get in there and straighten things around a bit. These are some compact plant.

Back
Top Bottom