Sam's Fall & Winter Grow 2018

SamSmith

Time to start up again now that summer is winding down. This time around I will be growing sativa dominate hybrids and since I am stocked up on flower at the moment I can take my time with this grow.

Genetics are all Nirvana. I have had great luck with them in the past and quite frankly their shipping stealth is about as good as it gets.

The lineup is made up of:
Sour Diesel – Flower time 9-11 weeks
Amnesia Haze - Flower time 11-13 weeks
Blue dream - Flower time 9-11 weeks
Raspberry Cough - Flower time 9-11 weeks

The growing medium will be GH Cocotek in 3 gallon fabric pots. The nutrient lineup will be Advanced Nutrients PH perfect coco formula in both grow and flower. The additions being Great White for the root development, calmag and silica blast. The nutrient levels are going to be 1/4 strength to start (once they are out of the seedling stage) and then 1/2 strength max unless the plants tell me otherwise.

I run 2 tents. A small 2.5’ x 2.5’ x 5’ for the vegetative phase and a 4’ x 4’ x 7’ for bloom. The lighting in the little tent is (2) 300 watt (130 watt actual draw) Viparspectra high penetration series lights. The big tent is running a Mars Hydro Epistar 320 740 watt draw from the wall in bloom. Both tents are using carbon extraction for order and fresh air. I have misc. small fans for additional air circulation inside the tents.

I thought I would share my method of trying to reduce the mess of rehydrating and rinsing my coco. Basically I take a sawzall and cut the brick into 4 sections. The reason I do this is to be able to rehydrate sections of it at a time and it falls in line with my next step. Hospitals use disposable bedding in a lot of instances these days and the pillow cases are great for this. I place each section in a pillow case and let them soak in a large tub. Once hydrated I rinse the crap out of each case until the runoff is clear. Then I pretreat it for use. There is very little mess with this method and the pillow cases are just tossed when I am done with them.

I started out trying to use rapid rooters for the first time after reading the success a lot of people had with them. I am not sure what I did wrong but I got a big goose egg on the germination with them in a propagation dome. I went back to the old soak and paper towel method and got all 4 to pop a tap root so into coco in solo cups to see what we get. I just put them in today so I don’t expect much until the end of the week. I really don’t like this part of the grow because the seedlings are fragile but we are on our way now.

Not much to show yet but I hope to see some green soon.

:p:p:p:p

Front row!

That pillow case trick is genius! I don’t do the bricks anymore because of the mess but this is a good idea!

I can’t wait to grow with you again:)

Quads this time?

That is the plan. I just hope I don't screw it up. It seems pretty straight forward as Ase pretty much covered it in great detail in a couple of his threads. The process seems to make sense to me so heck I will try just about anything once. :)

I have beer and other soft drinks.... Lots of snacks and 3 pissers in the house acouple of bedrooms we don't use and a slew of other amenities. Welcome aboard. I am lazy about updating stuff. Heck if it were not for Newty I doubt I would even have started this dang journal.

On a more seroius note I would like to improve the weight of my harvests. I look at what you guys "and women" are pulling and I have a lot of room to improve.

Me too. All these grows & so little time. Glad to make it to the front row seating.

Hiya SS,

I'm a soil man, just thought I might learn some more valuable info! Never know when the hydro bug will bite, lol!

Coco is about as easy as it gets. If you happen to screw something up just flush them out and back to business. I honestly don't know how you soil guys to it. :)
We think the same thing about you coco growers. How could anyone want to feed or water their plants ever day and sometimes twice a day. All I do is water, no nutes. If I ever got off my ass and set up the automatic water system, I would have the easiest grows possible.

But the reality is it only matters what the grower likes and is comfortable with. I love seeing all the different growing styles and mediums. Always something that can be learned if ya pay attention!

I agree that the watering schedule would get to some people. I have everything down to a science with that and it takes me 5-10 minutes to tend to them but that goes up to 2x daily when they go into flower. I am looking into DWC at the moment and am going to experiment as soon as I get these little guys into the big tent.

As far as an update I have 3 of the 4 above the coco so progress is happening. I just can't wait for them to be a couple of weeks old as that is when they start taking off.

Let’s see some pics of your babies:D

You women are demanding at times.... but as you requested here are your pictures .....;)
You're going to pull the details of this grow out of me aren't ya???? :cool:

Well as uneventful as this is here is where i sit at the moment. The sour diesel, blue dream and raspberry cough are all up but tiny at this point. They should all do well going forward baring me doing something stupid. I just sweat getting them to them up and taking nutes. That is usually a week and half to 2 weeks.

The amnesia haze (bottom left) did come up with the shell stuck on her. I just removed it before the picture and I am not sure how this one is going to go. I have another in the chamber if she doesn't snap around in a few days.

As a bonus for asking for pictures here is a picture of the F 250 Power Stroke Diesel (take note that it is a black Harley edition) that I go into a head on collision with last Friday on the bike. Dropped that off this afternoon to start the repair process. I should see that bike back about January. That is a big truck and yes it sucked. 2nd time in 4 years dealing with left of center drivers. Probably too late to grow something good for headaches..... lol

Back
Top Bottom