Samsung diodes board owners and experienced growers post your GPWs here

I got the Chilled logic 100 up and running. Added som 4000k osrams in the mix. Very satisfied, been using them for a week now. Ordered another one the other day.

The hard part isn't the wiring, it's calculating the driver. But they have a compatibility list in an pdf on their order page so you easy can see witch mean well driver you will be needing. :thumb:

At first glance choosing driver ca seem like a lot to take in, but really it comes down to simple mathmatics.
I like to use TME.eu's filter function for this where you can choose output voltage and ampere.
It's all about knowing the min/max on the unit(s) you power (which should be somewhere in the datasheet, but you can just ask the seller what it is)

Small builds are usually best to wire in series, but if you get above 200v it's a good idea to do a parallel build to keep the voltage down, safety first :)

These are really bright!!!
1661114527710.png

1661114543886.png

Def would buy, pretty easy setting all up?

Yeah pretty easy, just soldering the stranded ends of the wires so they don't oxidize is the hardest part. the wago clips make connecting the wires very simple

At first glance choosing driver ca seem like a lot to take in, but really it comes down to simple mathmatics.
I like to use TME.eu's filter function for this where you can choose output voltage and ampere.
It's all about knowing the min/max on the unit(s) you power (which should be somewhere in the datasheet, but you can just ask the seller what it is)

Small builds are usually best to wire in series, but if you get above 200v it's a good idea to do a parallel build to keep the voltage down, safety first :)

Yes, I like the parallel wiring. Switching driver now when the third one comes, for HLG 320H 48. Just switch to 5 wago clamps and the parallel wiring is easy to setup.

You can use crimping ends on non solid wiring if you don't want to solder. I had no problem getting a good connection anyway.

The crimping ends still need to be soldered if they are stranded because the power running through the metal oxidizes the little strands and weakens the connection, and you dont want a wire to fall while its on FOR SURE. will fry your shit

I think this problem is exaggerated. Never had this problem with any electrical issues before. Handled mounts of power in car audio and electric machines with crimped cables even without crimping.

Back
Top Bottom