San Bernardino County Sued Over Medical Pot Cards

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
An activist is suing San Bernardino County for refusing to issue state-mandated medical marijuana cards.

The Superior Court lawsuit filed Monday by Scott Bledsoe seeks enforcement of California's voter-approved Proposition 215, which allows physician-approved marijuana use.

The proposition collides with federal drug laws.

In 2003, the Legislature provided additional legal guidance to medical marijuana users and led to dispensaries opening in California. Counties were ordered to issue medical marijuana identification cards.

San Bernardino and San Diego counties have refused. San Bernardino deputies are told to arrest people who possess marijuana even if users have marijuana ID cards issued by other counties.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: SFGate
Copyright: 2008 Hearst Communications Inc.
Contact: Contact Us — SFGate, news and information for the San Francisco Bay Area.

San Bernadino County and San Diego County has been in the muck of this all along. I really don't know what there problem is, and why more people haven't spoke up. Federal funding and re-elections is my guess.

I believe San Diego county and Riverside county are also being sued.

How they can get away with breaking a state law is something I just can't understand. And why people allow it to happen is an even bigger question.

Peace and Prop215:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom