San Diego ASA Special Meeting People v. Jackson Lessons Learned with Q&A Dec. 8

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
San Diego ASA Special Meeting People v. Jackson Lessons Learned with Q&A by Defense Attorney for Jovan Jackson K. Lance Rogers of Turner Law Group, APC December 8, 2009 @ 7pm sharp!

6070 Mt. Alifan, 3rd Floor

San Diego, California

All who are interested in the future of medical marijuana through legal collective and cooperative distribution should attend the next San Diego ASA meeting at 7pm sharp. Expert defense attorney K. Lance Rogers will provide us with 'lessons learned' from the historic Jackson case and at 8pm he will offer a question and answer period for your lingering questions about this local landmark trial.

This event is as free, just as the plant should be.

For profit or not, it did not matter on December 1,
2009. In the case of the People vs. Jackson the jury decided "very quickly" and "conclusively" that due to the "medical marijuana affirmative defense", they could not convict anyone in a collective or cooperative of "selling marijuana" because selling marijuana is not strictly forbidden in the law that allows for an affirmative defense.

If the jury cannot find the defendant guilty "beyond a reasonable" doubt, the defendant must be found not guilty based on our justice system, said the judge.

With regard to medical marijuana collectives & cooperatives jurors said;

"... the prosecution gave his kind of narrow definition during the closing arguments but there was nothing in the law that really backed that up...", yet another juror said;

"... when you have an issue of doubt, the law shows that the benefit of that doubt NEEDS to go to the defendant..." and went on to say;

"... we had no evidence on the table that there could not be a profit in a cooperative..."

7pm "Lessons Learned"

8pm "Questions & Answers"

6070 Mt. Alifan, 3rd Floor

San Diego, California

If you are unable to make the meeting you can use the following websites to keep up to date with the evolving laws regarding safe access to medical marijuana in San Diego County and nationwide.

San Diego ASA: www. safeaccesssd. org <San Diego Chapter & National ASA www. safeaccessnow. org

Hi!

I am tempted to hop a bus and go there.

Does this apply to the whole of California?

Or is it just San Diego?

We are wanting to form a collective in a "cannabis hell county"

Come ‘on down, but take the train not the bus, sit on the right side and it's a beautiful view all the way down!

The Jackson verdict benefits California MMJ storefronts as a whole, however, several counties have already made peace with their prohibitionists and all is fine in those counties...

We in San Diego however have Bonnie Damanis who has serious "issues with the law". Since she voted NO on Prop 215 in 1996 and since she holds the most powerful legal position in the county, she has used that position to impose her NO vote through public policy. In doing so, she convinced several other powerful prohibitionists up and down the state of the same illusion that "sales of medical marijuana is not legal" and she goes on to openly question the legal opinion and resources of the California Attorney General and the process of the California Legislature.

We are blogging her actions regularly on the Bonnie Da Mantis Blog. We also expect to video record the meeting and post to the San Diego ASA site at safeaccesssd.org, still to be confirmed with Attorney Rogers.

Please do make that available.

I may not be able to afford the trip.

Several medical friends and I are looking to add jobs to our county with a collective.

This has changed how i look at it. I will add that I watch the Google Alerts and I saw nothing till the post on 420magazine came thru today the 6th.

Just to validate the "No Coverage" point of view.. None through google alerts that I get.

Please do make that available.

I may not be able to afford the trip.

Several medical friends and I are looking to add jobs to our county with a collective.

This has changed how i look at it. I will add that I watch the Google Alerts and I saw nothing till the post on 420magazine came thru today the 6th.

Just to validate the "No Coverage" point of view.. None through google alerts that I get.
The video has been released by San Diego Americans for Safe Access located on the web at safeaccesssd.org

This video makes for good watching!

Back
Top Bottom