San Diego Continues Fight Against Citizens, Bans Dispensaries Via Moratorium

Last week the San Diego County Board of Supervisors approved a 45-day moratorium on all medical marijuana dispensaries in the unincorporated areas of the county. The reason being given is called an "urgency ordinance" and is immediately effective.

The San Diego Board of Supervisors will extend the moratorium for up to 22 months if they are unable to resolve the so-called land use issues at hand.

In May of this year, San Diego lost its bitter fight to avoid granting medical marijuana I.D. cards to its citizens when the United States Supreme Court ordered that they issue the cards. Now the same citizens that voted for Proposition 215 in 1996 are being further harassed by a few select individuals who've taken issue with the law.

The rogue county is now denying the citizens the right to obtain medicine within a reasonable distance to their home county. Eric Gibson, Director of Planning and Land Use says he is already planning to ask that the moratorium be extended next month.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Examiner.com
Author: Angela Macdonald
Copyright: 2009 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com
Website: San Diego Continues Fight Against Citizens, Bans Dispensaries Via Moratorium

I find it this very disturbing that they can cost the tax payers with law suits over laws that where voted in. After losing the poor baby's are going to try to screw the people of San Diego again with these moratoriums so people will have to sue to make them follow the law witch they seem to have a problem with. I find it more disturbing that the people of San Diego put up with this ! ( Kick the Bums out... ) This is the only way that these idiots will get it!!!!!:peace::peace:

Back
Top Bottom