Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG: Legal Medical Marijuana Grow

Re: Sativa OG aka Skywalker OG - Legal Medical Marijuana Grow

thank you very much the little ladies are coming along nicely new pics.soon:peacetwo:

Is this the 3 leaf Skywalker OG? Trying to get down to the bottom of the mix ups with this strain. Is this Skywalker OG in the photo Blueberry x Mazar x OG Kush? Is it the strain also called "Sativa OG" by the grower Luke Skywalker? How many days flower?

From all the researched I've done there seems to be three Skywalker strains in circulation?

Would love more info about the one in the photos. Thanks!

Yes
Is this the 3 leaf Skywalker OG?

No, Blueberry x Mazar (Skywalker) is from Dutch Passion, OG Kush is actually Skywalker OG from LA and also Sativa OG. I told these guys a hundred times when they came up with the name, that there was going to be massive confusion, because of that Dutch Passion strain. The confusion started with the Indica version of OG Kush, they wanted to break away from it. Luke is actually working on the article about it now. ;)
Is this Skywalker OG in the photo Blueberry x Mazar x OG Kush?

Yes
Is it the strain also called "Sativa OG" by the grower Luke Skywalker?

Only two. One is OG Kush (Sativa Variety) aka Sativa OG aka Skywalker OG and the other is Skywalker from Dutch Passion.
From all the researched I've done there seems to be three Skywalker strains in circulation?

Wooo hoooo!!! wow!

hey 420, ive been looking at posts on here and decided to finally join because you have been talking for a few years that there will be an article (10pages+) on the real LA Luke Skywalker strain vs. the DPassion strain. so, what's up, is there an article yet or is Luke too into his smoke to finish the paper hahahaa.

also, i purchased og kush clones and the guy told me right when i walked away, "by the way, its a skywalker og kush" so, what should i ask him to findout which strain is it? passion or LA strain?? hmm

thanks for all your insights, im sure you are so wishing you could have busted out some mind tricks in changing the name to stop this confusion. lol

Been asking him for that article forever, every time I get the same reply, "soon".

I met others involved with the original strain as well and will be interviewing them soon.

If it amps you up and gets your creative juices flowing, it's LA.

If it makes you tired and hungry, Dutch Passion.

Glad more people are getting the genetics, it's been my favorite strain for years.

Enjoy.
:Namaste:

Joined the site just so I can chime in here...

420 knows exactly what he is talking about.

Being a Socal cannabis connoiseur for close to 20 years, I was thrilled when this OG Kush aka Sativa OG aka Skywalker hit the streets. In fact, it was easier to obtain, at least for me, when it first came out. Now the only place I can find it is at Zen. I just hate paying the price they charge for it.

Back in 05-08 I was gettin OZs of this on the regular at 350-400, then my supplier decided to go the "collective" route and no longer dealt with the OG Kush people... instead dealing with lower grade flowers that were more accessible.

Since my previous supplier no longer had what I was looking for, I decided to go out and try to find the best I could find in the dispensaries. After 3 years of searching all over SoCal, I still think the best is the Skywalker from Zen.

As soon as I saw and smelled the nugs from Zen I knew it was close if not the original OG Kush aka Sativa OG that I had been looking for. I used to tell my old supplier that this "OG kush" had a lot of sativa traits and if in fact it was an indica, it had to be sativa dominant. Sativa OG was a name I used to call it just because I always thought it was more of a sativa then a true indica OG.... Now after reading 420s post it solidifies what I always thought about it being a Sativa dominant strain.

Man I wish I could find this somewhere other than Zen. I hate how much they charge for it.

A little about me.... I come from the days when Skunk #1 from the SGV was still around, Kervorkian from the OC, Orange Crush from LA (man I miss that stuff...even if the nugs looked like cat shit), the alien and pineapple from OC and the Bubblegum from LA (those bubblegum nugs were great...)

I hate how the dispensaries, collectives, and bad growers have diluted the concentrations of THC and mixed and matched all these different strains without any real thought... its like a fucked up gene pool!! everything is an OG with a different name these days. I know not many growers keep mothers these days... Theyre cloning clones of clones of clones. Thanks to the growers out there that are actually preserving originals.

Man I wish I could afford Zens ridiculous price because they are the only place I can find the real Skywalker Sativa OG KUsh....... Damn...

thanks 420. so just to get this correct. if i have skywalker from LA its the Sativa og kush ( a hybrid yet sativa dom) otherwise its a Indica dom from DPassion. cool.

do you know how the two compare in the grow room?
ie
yield, 8 vs 10weeks in flower, etc.

Wonder, i too joined for the insights to the skywalker, cheesy i know but i may be the FORCE is strong lol.

I used a clone to make a mother and will clone off her, we'll see how it comes out. ive been cloning off the Chernobyl (clones of clones etc) with good success.

i dont see why that is an issue given if the genetics are the same and strong. we used to clone and reproduce viruses in my undergraduate research curriculum and i was always told that testing this with our variables was fine because we are using the same RNA transcript backbones. my biology degree really hasnt come in handy in growing, except for that understanding. but maybe its the same with your mother, after a year or two its best to substitue out and get fresh mothers or in my case a new f1 set of clones. but that's for a different posting on a different thread :)

I am an activist, not a grower, can't help you on the grow tips.

Luke keeps promising to get more involved, however I'm not counting on it.

Maybe Be Irie can chime in, as he is currently growing this strain as well.

Whenever The Butcher decides to come out of hiding, he will be a great help also.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom