Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG: Legal Medical Marijuana Grow

legal shmegal, its a beautiful thing to watch those little sensitive green babies grow in to
giant juicy sagging branches full of resin. then to sit with your loved one and trim and hang and cure then to sit and enjoy every last breath of it is a whole different way of love and life to me. as apposed to strolling through downtown or stopping at a friends looking for a couple of ginos to get high, like I said its a whole different way of love and life. total and complete bliss. growing strictly for yourself and for family gifts is a different story than being a drug dealer, in my eyes anyways.

Re: Sativa OG aka Skywalker OG - Legal Medical Marijuana Grow

The true original genetics have never left Los Angeles in seed or clone form.

How do you know that? I am growing some from a single seed I got in an ounce...I also custom made a clone transporter cooler and drove 15 clones to kentucky....I should take some pictures of my 3 blade beauties...incidently I seem to be noticing a pattern- clone = 3 blades...clones from clones = 5 blades, clones form those clones = 3 blades

You have a good point, it could have made it anywhere by now. I've found a seed or two here and there as well, however that is no guarantee that it's the same exact strain. If you were working on some other type of plants and got the pollen on your clothing, you can easily pollinate another plant and end up with a cross breed seed. The proof with this strain, is always in the end results. How about doing a grow journal and show us from start to finish? That will be the true test of Skywalker OG. ;)
:Namaste:

How do you know that? I am growing some from a single seed I got in an ounce...I also custom made a clone transporter cooler and drove 15 clones to kentucky....I should take some pictures of my 3 blade beauties...incidently I seem to be noticing a pattern- clone = 3 blades...clones from clones = 5 blades, clones form those clones = 3 blades

You have a good point, it could have made it anywhere by now. I've found a seed or two here and there as well, however that is no guarantee that it's the same exact strain. If you were working on some other type of plants and got the pollen on your clothing, you can easily pollinate another plant and end up with a cross breed seed. The proof with this strain, is always in the end results. How about doing a grow journal and show us from start to finish? That will be the true test of Skywalker OG. ;)
:Namaste:

Hmmm I don't think anyone much cares about how an old "first timer" like me does things. When I say first timer I mean first time indoors- always had a plant or two out back in the corn fields back in the day. Didn't need to take much care of them other than keep the horses out of that section of paddock.

Really hadn't considered growing indoor even until my daughter came home from college- one of those private new england schools...Anyway she is a snow bum and alot of those professional Snow boarders hang out up there in the winters and she told me she met the guy that grows their shit for them up here....You've seen the x games etc with these nuts- you KNOW their dank meter is PEGGED! So I asked her to grab me an Oz. She asked if I wanted the 400$/oz shit or 300$ I said holy sht whats 400/oz??? She said OG Kush.. I said really...ok grab that.

WOW! easily the best I ever smoked.
So while having a house warming at our new place and some of her snow board buddies were over while packing a bowl I discovered a seed- you would have thought I found the holy grail! They were in awe holding it up like it was gold, repeating over and over- dude do you know what this IS????

Apparently the guy that grows it wont even sell a clone.

There's more to the story but I'm boring u already. You can see from the pics the prevalence of 3 bladed leafs...

I didn't know kush was sativa, I thought kush actually MEANT indica...but if it IS sativa, that may explain why I have no amber trichomes even 9 weeks into flower right?

maybe the pics can help you identify them?

DSCF1289_Medium_.JPG
DSCF1256_Medium_.JPG
3_blade_bud.JPG

If you were working on some other type of plants and got the pollen on your clothing, you can easily pollinate another plant and end up with a cross breed seed.

If it were an accidental pollination I would expect more than one seed...
A single seed indicates to me a herme i.e. a feminized seed. The fact that it was female doesn't prove my theory, but it does support it.

Is it possible that one microscopic pollen, can pollinate a plant and produce just one seed?
If it were an accidental pollination I would expect more than one seed...
A single seed indicates to me a herme i.e. a feminized seed. The fact that it was female doesn't prove my theory, but it does support it.

You're not using anything to support the stalks, so I can't tell. There actually isn't any true "Kush" in this strain at all, silly they ever even used the name to begin with, however stranger things have happened. Looks like it, however can't be sure yet. Does it grow tall and lanky or short and bushy? You could have the Sativa version of Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG, or you could have the Indica dominant variety of OG Kush. They both share the 3 leaf characteristic, as they both originated from the same source at one time. One just got crossed with an Indica, to make it more of a couch lock high, which is preferred by the younger recreational market, hip hop crowd, etc. :Namaste:

Hmmm I don't think anyone much cares about how an old "first timer" like me does things. When I say first timer I mean first time indoors- always had a plant or two out back in the corn fields back in the day. Didn't need to take much care of them other than keep the horses out of that section of paddock.

Really hadn't considered growing indoor even until my daughter came home from college- one of those private new england schools...Anyway she is a snow bum and alot of those professional Snow boarders hang out up there in the winters and she told me she met the guy that grows their shit for them up here....You've seen the x games etc with these nuts- you KNOW their dank meter is PEGGED! So I asked her to grab me an Oz. She asked if I wanted the 400$/oz shit or 300$ I said holy sht whats 400/oz??? She said OG Kush.. I said really...ok grab that.

WOW! easily the best I ever smoked.
So while having a house warming at our new place and some of her snow board buddies were over while packing a bowl I discovered a seed- you would have thought I found the holy grail! They were in awe holding it up like it was gold, repeating over and over- dude do you know what this IS????

Apparently the guy that grows it wont even sell a clone.

There's more to the story but I'm boring u already. You can see from the pics the prevalence of 3 bladed leafs...

I didn't know kush was sativa, I thought kush actually MEANT indica...but if it IS sativa, that may explain why I have no amber trichomes even 9 weeks into flower right?

maybe the pics can help you identify them?

DSCF1289_Medium_.JPG
DSCF1256_Medium_.JPG
3_blade_bud.JPG

You're not using anything to support the stalks, so I can't tell. There actually isn't any true "Kush" in this strain at all, silly they ever even used the name to begin with, however stranger things have happened. Looks like it, however can't be sure yet. Does it grow tall and lanky or short and bushy? You could have the Sativa version of Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG, or you could have the Indica dominant variety of OG Kush. They both share the 3 leaf characteristic, as they both originated from the same source at one time. One just got crossed with an Indica, to make it more of a couch lock high, which is preferred by the younger recreational market, hip hop crowd, etc. :Namaste:

Left on her own she grows tall and lanky. What I do is top the clones when they get about 8 inches tall down a few nodes (I use the top for a new clone) and she branches nicely. Once the branches grow back to about 12 inches I tie the tops down and that sends a bunch more branches. I take more clones if I need to, otherwise off to flower.

Funny thing about cloning, I use rootech gel and either this strain is super easy to clone, or rootech is that good cus I've never cloned before and I've had 100% success with it.

I gotta say I was talking with a well known CA Breeder about this very strain and the difficulty of growing True OG Genetics. I have grown some SFV OG Kush NOT from Holland and am awaiting True OG Kush genetics as we speak. I can say that OG Kush is not for begginers and is a truly delicate plant that when stressed has a tendency to drop all it's leaves. While I am sure you are growing some form of Kush the Original Sativa OG that started all the hype is truly a legend. I also know that Bud Traders out there pass off Outdoor Medicine as Certified Strains asking top dollar for questionable genetics. If OG Kush was so easy to grow everybody would be doing it and that's why it fetches the money it does. Your buds sure look nice and I would always be pleased with Frosty Buds regardless of name. To truly grow Sativa OG Kush Skywalker, you would have to go to LA obtain clones or seed from a REPUTABLE vendor willing to part with these heirloom beans that will command any asking price. Then you have to worry about getting them home especially if you live in New England or outside legal driving range, like me.
Nice Plant
+Reps for posting and growing such a beauty!!:woohoo:

You might have the real deal, won't be able to tell unless you do a grow journal on it, so we can see what it does from start to finish. :thumb:
Left on her own she grows tall and lanky. What I do is top the clones when they get about 8 inches tall down a few nodes (I use the top for a new clone) and she branches nicely. Once the branches grow back to about 12 inches I tie the tops down and that sends a bunch more branches. I take more clones if I need to, otherwise off to flower.

Funny thing about cloning, I use rootech gel and either this strain is super easy to clone, or rootech is that good cus I've never cloned before and I've had 100% success with it.

You might have the real deal, won't be able to tell unless you do a grow journal on it, so we can see what it does from start to finish. :thumb:

AMEN to that :bravo: C'mon brother, you are a Member, and part of the :420: Family!!:woohoo:
So don't be shy and post your grow so we all can learn how Magic sometimes happens from bagseed. I personally would love to see it so we can determine if it is truly OG Genetics, we love us a great grower and some frosty buds!:adore:

BTW: We ALL Care about First Time Growers else we would not be Spreading Cannabis Awareness, News, and Information! We were ALL First Timers sometime. LOL

Re: Sativa OG - Legal Medical Marijuana Grow

Awesome pics...let the dreams continue!

Re: Sativa OG - Legal Medical Marijuana Grow

Hey guys, this sounds like a Kaiser Soze strain, to me. I keep calling around LA looking for clones, and it's the same story: "we had a few," "come on down there's one left" (get there and it's gone), etc etc.

Which dispensary in LA, north of Long Beach, and East of Rancho Cucamonga, in Downtown, the SFV, West LA, actually has verified clones of this strain that can actually get them?

Thanks guys

you guys should let em know what are some easy strains to grow because i know knew growers that think they can go out and get OG kush for there first grow and next thing i know the plant is dying after 3 weeks anyways

here is a good first time grower strain. Diesel. INPUT more if u can

AMEN to that :bravo: C'mon brother, you are a Member, and part of the :420: Family!!:woohoo:
So don't be shy and post your grow so we all can learn how Magic sometimes happens from bagseed. I personally would love to see it so we can determine if it is truly OG Genetics, we love us a great grower and some frosty buds!:adore:

BTW: We ALL Care about First Time Growers else we would not be Spreading Cannabis Awareness, News, and Information! We were ALL First Timers sometime. LOL

OK what i'm gonna do is make a "compressed" grow journal on this stuff i am growing...just need my kids to send me their pics they took with their phones...and before anyone calls child protective services- my 'kids' are in their 2o's and never even knew their dad smoked until they were old enough to go to bars and found out how 'popular" i was.

One note on the "ease" of growing this strain. I use Canna nutes and roottech cloning gel...when you use the right tool for the job its always easier.

There actually isn't any true "Kush" in this strain at all, silly they ever even used the name to begin with, however stranger things have happened. Looks like it, however can't be sure yet. Does it grow tall and lanky or short and bushy? You could have the Sativa version of Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG, or you could have the Indica dominant variety of OG Kush. They both share the 3 leaf characteristic, as they both originated from the same source at one time.

I'm looking for quality cuts of both the Skywalker and the Kush. I'm familiar with them but its been a long time. I have someone who did say he would mentor me but I havent been back to see him yet. It's taken me a while to get up and running. All in all I'm glad for everything and now we're ready to get to work. I've got the correct design for cultivating these classic top notch highly regarded and highly protected genetics. I've been sampling around town. Does Zen have the real deal? We will check it out. Its all a learning curve and the lay of the land has changed over time. Everything is always evolving. However I know I can track it down and make it happen. I would like to do Skywalker and Kush in seperate rooms in order to better control conditions. I guess what I should do is pay a visit to the guy I befriended and see about the cuttings. Enough said. Thanks for the thread and I would like to thank 420magazine for this most amazing site. I hope to be a member for years to come. Namaste

Back
Top Bottom