Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG

Man, kush, kush, kush. Kush was a old indica strain that goes back years ago. Kush meaning stout, short. Why take a indica and try to cross the indica out of it with sativas. If you want a high get a land race haze. Now that's a high.

Flip

Skywalker OG is a pheno of OG Kush. Neither are related to the traditional Hindu Kush. OG Kush is almost a pure sativa strain. O.G. means ocean grown, no real good explanations as to why Kush was put into the name.

I thought Larry called it Ocean Grown because he moved out to Ventura along the coast. And I remember the kush part was due to the afghani kush that was added into California strain in the early 1980s. Anyone know about this? Where is the story? At least the story in the skywalker.
What about the OG that has all the indica in it? People been working OG with indica for years.

I thought Larry called it Ocean Grown because he moved out to Ventura along the coast. And I remember the kush part was due to the afghani kush that was added into California strain in the early 1980s. Anyone know about this? Where is the story? At least the story in the skywalker.
What about the OG that has all the indica in it? People been working OG with indica for years.

I too see a lot of O.G.'s that are labeled Indica Hybrid. Lot's of O.G. phenos out there due to breeding, I believe to get more yield out of the strain.

Real O.G. Kush is a THC only strain, mostly sativa.

Don't know what to believe without talking to sources but the HT article by Darko a year ago states that Reserva Privada had reversed and created the OG kush as sourced from their friends in California. The old story goes that the kush has been in CA strains since 1972. This is what I was told as far back as 1983. Many seem to relate similar origins especially lately. The sour diesel and chem from the early 1990s I know well. I often think there is a close connection to the OG we see here in SoCal. These strains have been around a long time. I recall skunk 1 and another from norcal as early as 1982 in Nyc. These varieties were absolutely beautiful as are the local strains here today such as abusive OG. I'm just looking for something with sativa high and high yield indoor with shorter flower time that's also equally hardy and on the easy side with the thriving properties in passive hydro. Been reading up and watching videos. There's even a couple threads on here from the last year or so with great info on the various local ogs. Thanks for the input.

I have a feeling they got the Indica variety instead. Only way to tell is to document the grow and do a taste test. The genetics are definitely making their way around now, however it's still pretty rare to find the actual Sativa. Too may fakes in the mix to tell at this point.

Be nice if your grower friend did a side-by-side test.

But... why would he, lol. He already has the real thing. No reason to devote garden-space to anything else.

Yeah there seem to be the same ones for a long time around here.
Tahoe Original OG
SFV OG Original
Larry's OG and the OC one that is the mother of Bubba
Reworked SFV with higher yield and greater lemon taste

Abusive OG
Ghost Cut OG
and all the other great phenos

I've found a lot on other sites from around 2007 and much more recently the cuts from Cali Connection last year. I dont know enough about it all but it appears there are plenty of people competing for the best of the best and not many show the sativa type. The photos from SantaMonicaMt are the first I've seen here that show that he may have a sativa type.

Yeah there seem to be the same ones for a long time around here.
Tahoe Original OG
SFV OG Original
Larry's OG and the OC one that is the mother of Bubba
Reworked SFV with higher yield and greater lemon taste

Abusive OG
Ghost Cut OG
and all the other great phenos

I've found a lot on other sites from around 2007 and much more recently the cuts from Cali Connection last year. I dont know enough about it all but it appears there are plenty of people competing for the best of the best and not many show the sativa type. The photos from SantaMonicaMt are the first I've seen here that show that he may have a sativa type.

All great strains. I've found, at least up here in northern California, the Abusive, and Larry have been the closest to the O.G. flavor...with the Skywalker having the most distinctive taste.

I was lucky enough to acquire a few Sativa O.G. Kush clones a little over a week ago. Not the Skywalker but a true Sativa OG at least. Chemdog, Chem 4, Chem Sis, Skywalker O.G., and O.G. Kush are by far my favorite strains. I'm excited about this grow.

I like this story;
Story #1:
OG Kush (the original cut) came from an S1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.

Story #2: (by Kailua kid from sierra seeds:)
In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to Mike(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 Mike sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. Mike sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. Mike sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba.

Lineage: ChemDawg x [Lemon Thai x Old World Paki Kush]

Info on the different cuttings of OG Kush:

* Tahoe: cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.
* Larry: The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from
* SFV: There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve
* Ghost: This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.
* Tripple OG: This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
* Abusive: This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.
* SAC#2: Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.
* P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G: Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.
* Apothecary: O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999
* Diablo: This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley
* Raskal's OG: Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OGraskal
* HA OG: Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.
* Poison OG: Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96
* SAC#1 & SAC#3: #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara

Heres a story on Chemdog;Aka: Chemdawg
Breeder: Chemdog

Heritage (no serious source known):
Speculation 1: unknown indica strain (Kush, HP or NL?)
Speculation 2: Nepali x Thai

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, joebrand (aka wonkanobe) and pbud met chemdog and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. Joe and Chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled "chemdawg" (now '91 chemdawg), "chemdawg a" (now chemdawg's sister), and "chemdawg b". In 2001, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled "c", "d", and "e". the "e" seed never germinated, "c" turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg "d" was the keeper. In 2006, chemdog and joebrand reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, "4" being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the "4" was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the "reunion pheno". Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

And whos got the best seeds of this, the cock diesel from nyc 20+ yrs back;
Unknown or Legendary - Sour Diesel

aka: East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD)

breeder: ChemDawg

First of all, I go way back to the begining 92-93. my good friend from NY, was the one who got the Chem Dawg and Super Skunk first. And yes the Chem was first called Diesel because people did not like the name and because it was the "Cock Diesel" But you don't talk about the next strain created from the Chem Dawg. Also known as UnderDawg, Daywrecker, Diesel no.1 (Chem Dawg x super skunk/NL) from this the Sour was born hermied from the DNL(skunk).

Man I love me some OG!!! one of the best all around tasting and medicating strains in my opinion.... I just sucks that so many OG's have hit the Cali market, and when you hit on a true cut of OG, you definitely know it...

The OG101 I ran on my last journal is from a 10 year old cut of true og, if you want to compare leaf structures and plant traits.... sucks I kind of messed her up mid flower, but 1 hit off a bong from her buds, and your done for over 2 hours....not much besides relaxing can be done because your mind leaves for about an hour...lol

Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG
ogkush2.jpg

This is my favorite flower, been smoking it exclusively for 5 years now.

This strain is exclusive to Los Angeles, only a small group of people have access to the strain and they keep it on tight lock down. You will see "OG Kush" seeds now online here and there, however they are not the true original OG Kush strain, they are the more Indica dominant variety that was crossed with something else over the years. We'll have a full report on the history and fine print soon in a featured article currently being developed by Luke Skywalker himself. ;)

While we have yet to put it through the gas chromatography machine, we are fairly certain this strain is about 80% Sativa and about 20% Indica.

Very energetic yet powerful, allows me to work with motivation and increased awareness, sensitivity and creativity. It's seriously almost like drinking a cup of coffee, yet the small percentage of Indica helps to balance for an even effect, without making you racy. I call it an "Indica anchor" helping to keep you grounded, which can be one of the hardest qualities to find in a good long term Sativa.

I really don't get munchies at all with this strain, which is wonderful for maintaining a healthy weight.

The great thing about this strain is not only can I smoke it and be 420% functional and alert to handle massive workloads under HIGH stress, and I can smoke it at night and pass right out, without any trouble whatsoever.

There is no "pot hangover" the next day, like I get from smoking Indicas and it even acts as an antidepressant probably due to the percentage of Indica it does have. It just seems to always bring me into a positive mood no matter what time of day and/or under any circumstances.

I've traveled the world tasting flowers, everywhere I go I hear, "you gotta try this, it's the best in the world". I must say at 40 years old, and 25 years of smoking cannabis under my belt, Sativa OG Kush aka Skywalker OG is the best strain I've ever had, it is my favorite and unless something better comes along, I will probably smoke it til the day I die. ;)

I am truly grateful and blessed to have safe access to such a wonderful plant, thank you to everyone involved for making this a possibility.
:thanks::bravo::adore::hug:

Skywalker og is one of the best og kush strains that I have tried. But it is not the original og kush. I got my original og kush from a select group of growers who includes b-real from cypress hill. My friend Ron is the only person that I can verify having the true Skywalker and we went head to head growing my og cut and his Skywalker. Both strains are available in clone form only and they look almost identical. Both have dominant 3 blade leafs with an occasional curl on one blade. We thought they were the same but noticed slight differences during week 3 while we were running the same nutes on both. In the end we couldn't tell the difference between buds as they both had similar appearances and aroma. My og was just a little more dense than his Skywalker and the taste and smoke was slightly richer with my og. We concluded that they weren't the same exact strain but very close. Ron's Skywalker nugs grew a little more sativa like while my og nugs were a little more dense and slightly more indica looking. In the end Ron admitted that I had the original og cut. Don't get me wrong you put them side by side and the avg person could not tell the difference. But if you are a true og connoisseur you will know. My og which I call herojuana og and Ron's Skywalker are by far the best og's in the market.

My friend goes back to the cypress hill connect with b real. Unfortunately closest clones from him are northern California. I'm in the los Angeles area and may have another lead but its from people I don't know very well. I believe they have it but its kept on lock and I'm not sure they would let me run it right away. I think I have access to a sfv variant easily enough. More indica and prone to pm and not the 3 blade w/ 1 curly.
Do you have clones in the downtown area? Its been a long time since I've done a run and I want to do hempy Pepsi bottles. I've gathered everything for a solid start and just need genetics. I've seen a lot that reminds me of early 1980s and late 1980s but not much of the cock diesel we had in nyc around 91. I know guys that were sog growing it back then me included. Ok well I'm just putting it out there again. Still looking for the real thing. Peace

Hi James,

When you posted this, first thing that ran through my mind was, "I wonder if he's talking about Luke aka Ron." After speaking with Luke/Ron last night, we decided to out his real name, to help shed some light on the reality of who is saying what and claiming to be who, regarding this strain. Luke Skywalker's real name is Ron Cabrera and this is what he had to say about your post.

"There's really no way to tell which came first. My best research indicates they may have all came at the same time from Chemdog bag seed. So, I maintain Skywalker is the most Sativa OG, and is superior in that regard to Herowana [sp?] and that Herowana was more widely dispersed from the beginning, and the OG line that became Skywalker was always more sequestered, and perhaps that could create the impression that Herowana came first simply because no one knew there were different OGs, let alone the Skywalker which was not named until years later. In fact, in the time frame of which we're speaking Herowana didn't even have its name yet. So to say it [Herowana] came first just points out that the more prevalent, higher Indica content OG we all had in the past, we are all just now saying, 'that was the Herowana,' it had no name back then. I personally remember when old guys started calling the OG 'Herowana' as a joke to explain how strong our pot is compared to what they smoked back in the day. I think the name Herowana was finally settled on for the more Indica OG way after Skywalker was becoming well known, and this was in response to Skywalker's popularity and an attempt to market another strain. So one last time, it was only out of the realization that 'all those years' the more Indica OG from the past 'must have been Herowana' that one could conclude it is older than and more original than Skywalker. It is simply a matter of prevalence and assumption. Further, I still maintain that I am the one who first delineated they were different because I had Herowana since the year 2000 and Skywalker since 2002, and I ran thorough experiments to differentiate them. I talked with the guys I got it from and everyone says the OG which is now named Skywalker is the original OG, indicating that those people there at the time are in the know, but how can anybody know for certain when what is certain, they all came from the same bag seed as far back as 1998! Regardless, in 2008 I ran further tests showing nutrient threshold differences between the two further convincing me there is a true difference between Herowana and Skywalker. I will publish these results soon here at 420 Magazine. Well I hope this puts all assumptions to rest."

Ron Cabrera aka Luke Skywalker

Skywalker og is one of the best og kush strains that I have tried. But it is not the original og kush. I got my original og kush from a select group of growers who includes b-real from cypress hill. My friend Ron is the only person that I can verify having the true Skywalker and we went head to head growing my og cut and his Skywalker. Both strains are available in clone form only and they look almost identical. Both have dominant 3 blade leafs with an occasional curl on one blade. We thought they were the same but noticed slight differences during week 3 while we were running the same nutes on both. In the end we couldn't tell the difference between buds as they both had similar appearances and aroma. My og was just a little more dense than his Skywalker and the taste and smoke was slightly richer with my og. We concluded that they weren't the same exact strain but very close. Ron's Skywalker nugs grew a little more sativa like while my og nugs were a little more dense and slightly more indica looking. In the end Ron admitted that I had the original og cut. Don't get me wrong you put them side by side and the avg person could not tell the difference. But if you are a true og connoisseur you will know. My og which I call herojuana og and Ron's Skywalker are by far the best og's in the market.

Back
Top Bottom