Satori Coco Grow

The coco was actually a block. You can get it in brick size, which makes a fair amount of coco. It also comes in block size, about the size of a desktop computer case, which makes enough to fill a wheelbarrow.

In my first coco post, I hacked off a brick-sized chunk. For the second coco post, I used the rest of the block. That was enough to fill the large storage bin I showed in the picture.

The coco is so nice by itself that I'm not sure if I am going to add perlite this time. But I will definitely add the dolomite lime before I use it. I don't want any calcium deficencies. I don't want to add the lime and let it sit, as I'm worried that it may slowly break down sitting in the damp coco and, when I go to use it, add too much lime to the soil

Has anyone ever placed their vegging plants into their flowering space?? Is it recommended? I was thinking the full sun(600 watts hps) would be good for the plants while they can get it, then moving them back to the veg cab once the light turns off. Ideas?

Yes, Yes and YES!

These ladies just love "sunlight". HID lamps feel like sunlight, CFL bulbs don't. I can feel it and I'm sure the plants can, too.

Don't worry about the spectrum of the flowering light. When the sun rises and sets, it is skewed towards the red spectrum (prism effect that causes red sunrises and sunsets, so even in veg, these ladies get lots of red spectrum light).

Flowering is not induced by the color of the light, but by the amount of uninterrupted darkness. 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness will trigger the flowering cycle. That is why you switch from 18/6 to 12/12. I flowered my current crop for 6 weeks using a MH lamp instead of an HPS one just to see how it would work. It was great, but the consensus on my blog was that, since I had an HPS, I should use it, so I swapped the MH out for the HPS.

To summarize, you can use any spectrum bulbs for flowering or vegetation. Flowering starts when 12/12 starts. Although blue spectra bulbs are better for veg and red spectra bulbs are better for flower, they are not necessary.

So ... Let your gals enjoy the bright Cabo sun, get some rays and talk with their older sisters. When it's time for the flower girls to sleep, put the kids back in the veg room.

They'll thank you for the change of scenery!

I was just looking at dolomite lime today at the garden shop. It was $6 for a big box full. I'm gonna do some more research before buying it. I haven't yet read anything about adding it to coco.
Okay great, I've been putting them in the flowering tent these last couple of days. They seem to be enjoying it, and I think it is raising humidity too. It's normally around 20/25 rH. Thanks for all the light info ggrant! :thanks:

A MH bulb and ballast is in storage, no where to put them at the moment. The veg cab a 3-tier shelf with 4 23watt bulbs, and 2 42 watt 6400k bulbs and small fan.

The bag seed(Pamela) that was put into flower on 3/7 is confirmed to be a girl! She was given a hair cut and was made sure to have training in place. She will be transplanted into a bigger container soon.
Pamela(Bag seed)
DSCN0406_Copy_.JPG

It's a GIRL!
DSCN0403_Copy_.JPG

I was just looking at dolomite lime today at the garden shop. It was $6 for a big box full. I'm gonna do some more research before buying it. I haven't yet read anything about adding it to coco.

I did a lot of research on coco before I used it, Live. The only problem with coco is that it sucks up most of the calcium ions in its vicinity which causes calcium deficiencies. A calcium deficiency makes your leaves turn yellow with red spots. You don't want this.

Dolomite Lime consists of calcium and magnesium salts, which slowly dissolve and get released into the soil. Both calcium and magnesium are needed as they as they are complementary minerals - each aids in the absorption of the other.

If you don't want to use dolomite lime, you can add CalMag (a calcium and magnesium supplement) to your water and nutrients. It does the same thing.

I checked out the Amazon Bloom soil. Growers seem to like it. But it's best for using on a young plant that has gone beyond the seedling stage. The roots on seedlings are very sensitive, which is why it is recommended to give them NO nutrients for the first two weeks, until their roots are properly developed.

You can use soil that already has nutrients in it if you don't feel like fertilzing your crop all the time, but I prefer to know exactly what my babies are having for dinner, rather than rely on some manufacturer.

If you don't want to use dolomite lime, you can add CalMag (a calcium and magnesium supplement) to your water and nutrients. It does the same thing.
I've been adding maxi-cal which is almost the same as calmag, except it has more additives. I'm using about 2-3 ml per gallon to prevent cal deficiencies, at the same time adding micro nutes. Do you find that your ph is more/less balanced having dolomite lime in your coco?

The amazon bloom was used so I didn't have to worry about feeding the flowering clones, but never again for small babies! My focus has been aimed more towards the Satori in coco. Coco coir is way more effecient than soil, at least compared to the soil I have experience with. The growth is faster and healthier. Have you heard of the modified lucas formula for coco? Grat3fulh3ad has a thread that explains how he modified the already established lucas formula that supposedly works really well with coco. I have yet to try it, but considering it for next grow. Have you came across anything like this?

The Satori are out growing their 6" pots. Tomorrow they will be transplanted into bigger pots. Lst'd and taped a couple of the huge fan leaves down on the thinner leafed Satori(#1) and left the indica leafed Satori(#2) alone. #1 was also fimmed. Either a pistol or sack has been developing since it was cut, too early to tell which one yet, lets wish it female!! :thanks:

Satori 1
DSCN0442_Copy_.JPG
Satori Fimmed
DSCN0444_Copy_.JPG

Satori 2
DSCN0441_Copy_.JPG

Transplanted the two Satori. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am so happy to get them into a bigger container. Pamela(bag seed) was placed in a new container also. She hasn't formed any flowers just yet, but she has new growth all over with pistols sticking out happily.

Satori waiting to be transplanted
DSCN0465_Copy_.JPG

Coco, perlite, mykos mix filled half way
DSCN0466_Copy_.JPG

Got roots?
DSCN0468_Copy_.JPG

New container
DSCN0469_Copy_.JPG

Lst'd
DSCN0471_Copy_.JPG

Transplanted
DSCN0470_Copy_.JPG

Vegging Cab/shelf
DSCN0472_Copy_.JPG

Now they can stretch out and grow some more without being cramped! :thumb:

FEMALE/MALE?
DSCN0467_Copy_.JPG

I think it is still too early to tell, but if anyone has an idea let it be FEMALE! :love:

Thanks for stopping by! :Namaste:

I use the Dolomite Lime for slow release of calcium and magnesium. I have a pH meter, but haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure whether it stabilizes pH or not.

I looked at the Lucas and modified Lucas formulas, but there was too much to read. I can't say if it's superior to other formulations.

Your Satori are looking awesome.

Thought you might like these pics:

Female (Pistillate)

female14.jpg

femalepreflowers.jpg

I found an interesting article about Conscious Harvesting. Some points include giving Thanks, having Trust, being open to subtle vibrations, and working with Garden Devas. A spiritual look at gardening.

I will update soon with pics, for now Satori #1 is female and has started to form its calyxes and pistols, but not yet alternating nodes. I took a couple cuts of Satori #2 and put in coco in the flower tent to see if it's female or male. It has formed small parts on the main plant, but cant tell if it's male or not. I'm wishing female, but have a feeling its male. It has strong indica genetics, so if it is male, I'm def breeding it.

I wish everyone a beautiful day filled with joy and Thanks. :peace:

Hey,

Everything's looking really nice, Live.

How long has the CrissCross been in flower? The Satori are getting really big!

Let us know when you find out the sex on the second Satori.

I read the article about Conscious Harvesting and I agree. Haven't seen any devas yet - still looking.

I talk to my plants and I sat with the ones I just harvested with a while, just to let them know how much I appreciated them and to prepare them for their harvesting.

Thank you, ggrant. Ya know, I look forward to hearing what you have to say in response :) You are the only person who comments, and I really appreciate what you have to say. :thanks:

I'm not really sure how old the clone is, but if I'd have to guess, it's getting close to around 2 & 1/2 months with a few weeks veg time. I also have another clone in coco. She is a lot bigger than her little sister in soil.

The Satori is a super fast growing plant! It also has a sturdy main shoot along with roots and stems. This is by far the best strain I've grown. My experience has been with bagseed, closet hybrid, and blackjack from nirvana(which either became male or didn't make it). I'll let you know when I find out the sex on the second Satori, for sure.
Ggrant, in your experience, have you seen plants show their sex after you have topped or fimmed them?

The only time I've ever seen/felt any Devas around me was when I smoked salvia. My body was moving itself as if it were being helped by some force I couldn't see. I think we'll be on the hunt for awhile if ya ask me, lol.

I'm happy to hear you sit with your plants as well. I feel it's one of the most important things to do when growing. Not only do they turn out amazing, but our appreciation has a positive effect in our daily lives. :circle-of-love:

Thanks again for stopping by. Looking forward to seeing Miss Nebula and your other girls grow out! :peace:

Greeting Ya'll. Today the girls came out for a little photo shoot. :peace:
Satori #1
20120322_83_1024x768_.JPG

Side
20120322_89_1024x768_.JPG

Satori #2
20120322_84_1024x768_.JPG

Side
20120322_90_1024x768_.JPG

Bag seed, Flower 3/7
20120322_66_1024x768_.JPG

Criss Cross Clone in coco
20120322_78_1024x768_.JPG

Side Bud
20120322_81_1024x768_.JPG

Icarus Jack Clone
20120322_71_1024x768_.JPG

Side Bud
20120322_74_1024x768_.JPG

Top bud. Mmm, frosty:yummy:
20120322_76_1024x768_.JPG

The clones are almost done flowering, The Satori's are about ready to be cloned, The future is looking bright with lots of learning still to go. Thanks to all those who stop by, I wish you all the best! Happy Growing:circle-of-love:

Ggrant, in your experience, have you seen plants show their sex after you have topped or fimmed them?

The only time I've ever seen/felt any Devas around me was when I smoked salvia. My body was moving itself as if it were being helped by some force I couldn't see. I think we'll be on the hunt for awhile if ya ask me, lol.

Not quite sure what you mean about the plants showing their sex after topping. Do you mean that they responded to topping by becoming sexually mature? If that's what you mean, then no. The only time I've seen my plants show their sex is after I've put them into the flowering cycle.

When I put my G13 under 12/12, they almost immediately started flowering. In 3 days, all the plants had lots of flowers.

I've wanted to smoke salvia, but someone told me not to do it alone as it is very potent and it's good to have someone standing by. Is that true? I'm really curious to know what it's like.

OH! Almost forgot to say, LOL, wonderful looking plants and beautiful photos! What kind of camera did you use?

And the Satori, it's almost like they double in size every time you post!

Not quite sure what you mean about the plants showing their sex after topping. Do you mean that they responded to topping by becoming sexually mature?

After the Satori and Criss Cross were topped, they responded by producing small calyxes and pistols, unlike a normal sized calyx would be when sexually mature. Kinda strange, maybe it has to do with hormones..

I've wanted to smoke salvia, but someone told me not to do it alone as it is very potent and it's good to have someone standing by.

IMHO, it's best to start off with a small 'dose' or extract, and having someone present is a good idea.. But if there is no trouble "going with the flow" or "losing self" then it may be a possibility one could do it alone in a sacred place.
OH! Almost forgot to say, LOL, wonderful looking plants and beautiful photos! What kind of camera did you use?
Thank you, ggrant. My friend and I recently purchased a Nikon L120. It's a really nice point and shoot camera. 14.1 pixels, 21x zoom :thedoubletake:, macro, along with different scene modes.

Impressive mang.
Thanks, Vampire. Everytime I see your name, Smashing Pumpkin's World is a Vampire song starts playing in my head. Although it'd be a great remix titled "The World of a Vampire".:hookah:

dang man that is some frosty buds :) cant wait till mine start to flower!
Do you plan to flower during summer? I imagine if you placed your plant in the summer sun while flowering, you'd come out with some killer buds full of resin. For my first grow, I set up cfls on a timer that would go on at 6am and off at 6pm for the flowering cycle. Once I woke up(around 9), I took them outside to enjoy the natural sunlight and air. When it was too windy or cloudy, they were left inside. It was a successful harvest, although they were a little nute burnt. I had no real problems with pests. I used a neem oil solution. Maybe that's why it had a funny taste..:passitleft:

Hey 420! Thanks for stopping by.:love: I have a little update for you. On 3/24 the Satori were put into flower inside the veg cab. In about 2 weeks the flowering tent will have enough room for both Satori. Clones were taken of Satori #1 for further vegetation. I have kept the ppm low, between 900-1000 uS, for the Satori, although maybe it could use more?
:morenutes:

How do the Satori look to you? :thanks:

Pamela, Bag seed. Flowered 3/7
DSCN0696_1024x768_.JPG

DSCN0695_1024x768_.JPG

Blackjack x Criss Cross Male
DSCN0699_1024x768_.JPG
DSCN0700_1024x768_.JPG

Satori #1, flowered 3/24
DSCN0704_1024x768_.JPG
DSCN0705_1024x768_.JPG

Satori #2, flowered 3/24
cfl burn on the leaf
DSCN0702_1024x768_.JPG
DSCN0703_1024x768_.JPG

Hopefully by the end of May the Satori will be ripe enough to pick. I will be taking a few months off as I'll have enough medication to last for awhile. Although I do enjoy growing very much, it's going to have to wait until my housing situation becomes a stable.

Thanks again for stopping by, please leave a note saying hey or something. I'm open to any critiques, advice, or even a simple chat. Happy Growing, all! :peace:

I'll probably be growing Satori within the next year. All they had at the time were regular seeds, so I'll keep an eye on your grow to see how stoned you get off it :) and maybe if it's like totally baked I'll keep some male pollen so I too can get totally baked.

The Satori seeds I ordered were also regular. I was hoping to get a male for pollen, but I think they are both female, that's coot too. :) Satori is said to have a great stone for meditative or creative activities. Also it's smell is one of its features that stands out.. I cant wait til they start showing flowers and smelling! I'm gonna have to get a carbon filter once they start stinking up the place. :loopy:

The girls are in their second week of flowering with lots of growing still to go. They are tied up to the pot using plant wire. The symmetry of these plants make them easy to lst.

I am currently using Canna Coco A & B and Maxi-Cal(around 1000 uS) to feed the girls. Just came back from the hydro shop with Cannazyme (0-2-1) and Cannaboost (0-1-1). Next batch will include them both. Since this strain is "nutrient efficient" I'm keeping the EC around 1.0-1.2 mS so that means I'll have to dial in a feeding solution that works.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Growing!
:Namaste:

Satori #1
DSCN0832_1024x768_.JPG

Satori #2
DSCN0831_1024x768_.JPG

Whats up :420:

Today the girls in the tent were chopped down. They could have gone a bit longer, but the tent needed to be cleaned! I figured it was about time, since there were tiny fleas flying around my crop. I used neem oil around the soil, hung up fly tape, but they still managed to reproduce in crazy numbers..

Once I took the girls out, I vacuumed the tent and room, sprayed with neem oil, then let dry as I trimmed the buds. The Satori and bag seed are now in their new home until harvest time. :)

While the Satori were in veg, I didn't bother keeping track of how much nutrients were going into the res and plant. Since I have ended up with burnt leaves in past grows, I'm measuring everything from now on.

Today, I have added 15ml A&B, 10ml cannazym, 10ml cannaboost to 2 gallons r/o water. This will be the first time using cannazym and boost. Hopefully the plants like it!:morenutes:

Has anyone used the Canna line-up before with great results? Let me know what kind of results you got. Feel free to post pictures or info about your grows. :peace:

Happy Growing:Namaste:

Set-up
DSCN0816_1024x768_.JPG
DSCN0818_1024x768_.JPG

Hangin loose
DSCN0854_1024x768_.JPG

A new home
DSCN0852_1024x768_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom