Sauga's First WW Indoor Grow, LED Style

So we're wrapping up the weekend and saying goodnite to the girls. It was a great day for them today. Lots of sun and strong breezes and their homes have been drying out a bit. For the first time I feel like the got over that hump and will start to tak off. Both started pointing to the sky today for the first time, really reaching up.

Tomorrow's a big day for the girls as their new homes arrive in the form of smart pots. I could use some tips from the pros about transplanting, such as best time of day, should they be wettened a bit, how much water into the new hole etc.

Since the pots are bigger I'll need some more soil and since the compost isn't quite ready I decided to narrow down a good base to go with what I already have. Again, some help would be nice in which direction to go on the below images.

:thanks:

Looking good so far...... :green_heart:

Anytime during the day.

Scoop out plants into a small container full of dirt (their roots are still small)

Fill the fabric pots full of soil and thoroughly soak. Let sit for 1 hour (or so) in the sun so the soil temp is warmed a bit.

Dig a hole in the middle to accept the plants.

Toss in some additional soil around the plant to fill gaps.

Walk away.

:cool:

'morning Smeeg,
ya they arrived and I did the transplant on Monday. Things went well and the girls look happy in the new home. I'll post some pics this weekend. I hope you get yours soon. I wish I knew what I know now, 4 weeks ago. Enjoy your day.

So I really wanted to grow outdoors, and being a Canadian we're most likely going to be able to grow 4 plants each here in Ontario. The problem is my girls are too close to the neighbours. I've tried several different ways to hide them but can't get all the angles covered and still get sun.
So, we're going inside. I have a 4x4x6 arriving on Wednesday, went with an 8" VS fan (overkill but I'm not one for undersizing my future) with inline carbon filter and pre-filter and 6" inline booster, also VS. I have a 600W HPS/MH Air Cooled light (HPS2100K and MH 6000K) dimmable. That should keep the girls happy.

OK, so now that it's on it's way, I'll be digging around here for answers on correct temps and humidity levels. I was able to borrow a few things from work, such as a temperature controller with relay output, 24vdc relays, easyrelay, type j thermocouple and some other goodies. The thermo measures the inside temperature, the temp controller sends a signal when temp gets too high, the easyrelay is programmed so that when the input from the temp controller is received an output sends a signal to the 24v relay which operates the exhaust fan. I'll also program the easyrelay to use an on/off timer for the light cycles. Again, when the timer expires, the easyrelay sends an output signal to the lights and starts a new timer for the length of time I want it on. I have 4 outs on that unit plus a few more inputs. I might hook it up to a humidifier/dehumidifier system.

Please, give me as much info as you guys can to get this tent rockin by next weekend. Will the girls make the transition from outside to inside without any stress? That's my biggest concern.

So I really wanted to grow outdoors, and being a Canadian we're most likely going to be able to grow 4 plants each here in Ontario. The problem is my girls are too close to the neighbours. I've tried several different ways to hide them but can't get all the angles covered and still get sun.
So, we're going inside. I have a 4x4x6 arriving on Wednesday, went with an 8" VS fan (overkill but I'm not one for undersizing my future) with inline carbon filter and pre-filter and 6" inline booster, also VS. I have a 600W HPS/MH Air Cooled light (HPS2100K and MH 6000K) dimmable. That should keep the girls happy.

OK, so now that it's on it's way, I'll be digging around here for answers on correct temps and humidity levels. I was able to borrow a few things from work, such as a temperature controller with relay output, 24vdc relays, easyrelay, type j thermocouple and some other goodies. The thermo measures the inside temperature, the temp controller sends a signal when temp gets too high, the easyrelay is programmed so that when the input from the temp controller is received an output sends a signal to the 24v relay which operates the exhaust fan. I'll also program the easyrelay to use an on/off timer for the light cycles. Again, when the timer expires, the easyrelay sends an output signal to the lights and starts a new timer for the length of time I want it on. I have 4 outs on that unit plus a few more inputs. I might hook it up to a humidifier/dehumidifier system.

Please, give me as much info as you guys can to get this tent rockin by next weekend. Will the girls make the transition from outside to inside without any stress? That's my biggest concern.

You need to keep your fan on 24/7. You need to be replacing the air with more co2 all the time.

You need to keep your fan on 24/7. You need to be replacing the air with more co2 all the time.

OK we're going to plan 'B'!! Maybe I can have it increase and decrease speed as the temperature changes. Gotta have fun somewhere with these fans

Wow what a busy weekend. I had to make some deals with the wife to let me go inside with the girls, and one of them was clearing out the garbage from the basement. It worked out OK because the tent is going in that area and it was on my agenda before it arrives. Sometimes you have to play your cards close in order to get what you want.
So it was a gorgeous weekend up here and you can see the plants really loved it,

but all good things must come to an end for them. The room has been gutted and I'm running a dedicated circuit to the lights and fan. I lifted the floor 2" to keep the cold and moisture off my ass when working in there. Trust me, sitting on a cold floor screws the back up.

On a final note, I started two new seeds, same WW, and hope to have then join the others. Wont be so bad since they haven't gotten too high yet.

Enjoy your week everyone!

:peace:

Thanks again for all the help guys. I'll try and slow down on the updates this week now that things are going good.
Why slow down on the updates. I use my journal as a daily diary. Its more for you than it is for anybody else. Your girls are looking lovely. I like a ugly girl lol

You need to keep your plants off the floor. A cold floor will suck the heat out of the roots and will always cause problems.

Sweet, so I was so worried about my ass I did a good thing for the girls as well. Thanks Derby!

Back
Top Bottom