Sauga's First WW Indoor Grow, LED Style

White Widow
60% Indica
Early Veg
Outdoor
70% Promix, 25% cow manure, 5% perlite, worm castings, oyster shells, calcium carbonate, dolomite (used manure, had no compost)
20L pails, 2 x 1 plant each
pH 6-7, soil moisture level good
no pests, just my wife

Right now they are getting enough water to keep them happy. The first plant sprouted 5/31 and her sister was a couple of days late, 6/2. Since that day the weather has been overcast and cool, with rain. The good news is that it took no time to fill up the rain barrel which will help over the next week as the weather is to improve. It's been noted by another member that my nitrogen is probably high and I'm hoping it won't be too much of an issue.
Wish me luck!

White Widow
60% Indica
Early Veg
Outdoor
70% Promix, 25% cow manure, 5% perlite, worm castings, oyster shells, calcium carbonate, dolomite (used manure, had no compost)
no pests, just my wife

Right now they are getting enough water to keep them happy. The first plant sprouted 5/31 and her sister was a couple of days late, 6/2. Since that day the weather has been overcast and cool, with rain. The good news is that it took no time to fill up the rain barrel which will help over the next week as the weather is to improve. It's been noted by another member that my nitrogen is probably high and I'm hoping it won't be too much of an issue.
Wish me luck!

Can't see photos...try to make them so people can see.

What is your latitude? Climate? Temps?

I would say it sounds like you are low on nitrogen/nutients. Pro-Mix has none, so that is a 70% void right there. Do you plan to feed nutrients to the plant during the grow?

:goodluck:

I didn't realize if the album was private it also made individual posts with those images private. They should be visible now.

Close to Toronto ON, 43.6 N 79.3 W. Mostly hot and humid through the summer months, warm days and cool nights come fall. Avg for now is around 22-24C
I have AN's Bloom, Micro, and Flower when needed but am hoping that the compost I am working on will bleed into the soil when it's ready in a few weeks. Right now I just want to see what it does and post pics so the pros can tell me what is going on.

Thanks Blew!

White Widow
60% Indica
Early Veg
Outdoor
no pests, just my wife

Wish me luck!

Welcome to our little virtual village :welcome:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you made albums with the setting "album owner only". The viewable state of the albums must be "members only" or no one can see the images but yourself (and admins).

Sorry, but you may need to make new albums and reupload the photos....if you can't change the album setting.

Looks like you fixed it as I was posting..... :thumb:

I didn't realize if the album was private it also made individual posts with those images private. They should be visible now.

Close to Toronto ON, 43.6 N 79.3 W. Mostly hot and humid through the summer months, warm days and cool nights come fall. Avg for now is around 22-24C
I have AN's Bloom, Micro, and Flower when needed but am hoping that the compost I am working on will bleed into the soil when it's ready in a few weeks. Right now I just want to see what it does and post pics so the pros can tell me what is going on.

Thanks Blew!
I am 44'N so we are dealing with similar daylight timelines.

I can also see your pics....plants don't really need much in the first 2 weeks...they are establishing roots and most people get alarmed that their plant "stopped growing"...nope, they are making roots and in week 3-4 it will take off. You can add half of your compost and watch it for 2 weeks and if it looks like the plant is cool with it you can add more. One trick I use for seedlings is to water heavily around the plant (2-3" away from stem)...this makes the roots search for the moisture and prevents you from drowning your plant.

I am 44'N so we are dealing with similar daylight timelines.

You can add half of your compost and watch it for 2 weeks and if it looks like the plant is cool with it you can add more. One trick I use for seedlings is to water heavily around the plant (2-3" away from stem)...this makes the roots search for the moisture and prevents you from drowning your plant.

Makes sense about them searching for water. I love that tip and will start right away doing that. Currently I let a bit of the rain water run off my fingers around the stem but not drowning it. I'm looking forward to wk 3-4. as I did not know that's when the girls grow up.

OK so maybe I'm a little over protective of my babies but do I have anything to worry about the way it's continuing to grow on one side? Will she finally figure it out? I only have two plants and would hate to have one freak out.

She looks real healthy though. Straight as an arrow and rigid. She likes the outdoors.

And her younger sister looks real fine right now. I think this will be my best one.

OK so maybe I'm a little over protective of my babies but do I have anything to worry about the way it's continuing to grow on one side? Will she finally figure it out? I only have two plants and would hate to have one freak out.

She looks real healthy though. Straight as an arrow and rigid. She likes the outdoors.

And her younger sister looks real fine right now. I think this will be my best one.
Just let her do her thing, she will snap out of it once she gets bigger, the first week or 2 you really don't have to do anything except let them grow. I know its hard when you're excited but just let them do their thing. Also dont worry about watering them until about a week and half you want those roots to search for water and you dont want to over water when they are still so fragile. Wait for your plant to tell you what she needs. :)

I know its hard when you're excited
Man I'm like a kid in a candy shop. It's my personal grow... I'm spending 4 bills a month online, half ounce a week. Have to keep the money in my pocket for a change.
Also dont worry about watering them until about a week and half you want those roots to search for water and you dont want to over water when they are still so fragile. Wait for your plant to tell you what she needs. :)
Are you friggin kiddin me..lol. I have been watering lightly, I mean a few drops off my fingertips daily around the stem and started using Blew's tip above. They look OK, not overwatered but I definately will cut back. Poor girls. They were probably saying enough water already and I ignored them.

hope you don't mind me joining this band of merry adventurers that are joining you...
Welcome aboard, I'm glad to have so many interested in helping me out, and watching what goes on in the next few weeks and months. Thanks Smeegol.

OK, week one under my belt. The girls are looking good and the weather has finally started to warm up. We have a dry spell with good sunshine over the next week. Most of this week was cool and overcast, but my gut says it was good for them.

I cut down on the watering a bit today and will be adding some compost I've been working on to my 20L pails over the weekend. Question: Should I just lightly layer it on top, or gently dig down a few inches where the roots are going to be? If I dig down, how far do the roots typically reach out after a week of growing? I don't want to stress them out if I can avoid it. My idea was to stay close to the edges and fill down a few inches.
A final question about staking. At what stage would be a good time to lay a small diameter stake for support so as not to disturb the root system?

We havin some fun now eh? I know you folks love to answer my questions so thanks again.

OK, week one under my belt. The girls are looking good and the weather has finally started to warm up. We have a dry spell with good sunshine over the next week. Most of this week was cool and overcast, but my gut says it was good for them.

I cut down on the watering a bit today and will be adding some compost I've been working on to my 20L pails over the weekend. Question: Should I just lightly layer it on top, or gently dig down a few inches where the roots are going to be? If I dig down, how far do the roots typically reach out after a week of growing? I don't want to stress them out if I can avoid it. My idea was to stay close to the edges and fill down a few inches.
A final question about staking. At what stage would be a good time to lay a small diameter stake for support so as not to disturb the root system?

We havin some fun now eh? I know you folks love to answer my questions so thanks again.
I would strongly suggest against using compost at all during this stage, depending on how hot it is it could easily burn your seedlings and kill them off or at least stunt them to the point of severely diminished yields and dimished quality. What I would suggest instead is to let them grow out until at least 4 or 5 leaf sets which should take around 3 or 4 weeks maybe less and layer the compost over the top, what will happen when you do that is the stem that stretched that you would have now covered with compost will sprout new roots and fill that space. And for stakes around the diameter, I'm assuming you mean something like tomato cages correct? If so you can place them in at any given time.

I'm assuming you mean something like tomato cages correct?
Tomato cages...ya that's what I meant:rolleyes:
I would strongly suggest against using compost at all during this stage, depending on how hot it is it could easily burn your seedlings and kill them off or at least stunt them to the point of severely diminished yields and dimished quality. What I would suggest instead is to let them grow out until at least 4 or 5 leaf sets which should take around 3 or 4 weeks
OK looks like I have some extra time now tomorrow. Guess we'll spend the day talking to the girls and kickin back :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom