Sauga's First WW Indoor Grow, LED Style

That and one plant turned into a real runt. You can see in the pic how high I had to block it up to get it up to the light lol. The big plant is filling out nicely though and the smells are intoxicating, 3 more weeks, can't wait!
It seems everone has a runt in their tent. I was no different... but it still gave out some good bud, so I say runts are always welcome 'round here!
Oh my goodness. I got behind for just a second...lol. Congratulations Mr Sauga! These quads were very impressive! Nice freebies you got there as well! Won’t be long and you will be enjoying the fruits! Congrats again my friend!
Thanks Magoo...ya they surprised me quite a bit. Really started to fill in the last couple of weeks. Edna was my pride and joy.
Congrats on the harvest my friend! The buds look wonderful you can be proud. They seem dense as well so it should give nice numbers at the end! I like how pungent skunk sound haha. Didn't know this strain but already love the name!
Thanks Flash, and yes they are dense. Compared to the outdoor girls they are soo much tighter and stickier. I think we got the most THC on the quads.
Nice harvest, Brother! :high-five:
Thanks a bunch Mr Krip. It was a pleasure to do my first grow with everyone at :420:

I apologize for being so late to the harvest party but I am very happy for you. Congrats on a great harvest!

Your plants looked great in both structure and quality. I'd smoke some of that on any day of the week that ends in Y. Great job sir!

Cracking harvest mr.Sauga and well done on all.... Giving me a good itch in my pants....lol
Got a WW auto on the go that popped above ground last night......

Can't wait to se your next line up...
You're going to love the WW, as long as you get good genetics!! I was just trimming some bits and pieces that I dried outside of the bags and there's some nice looking colors in the garbage. I can hardly wait to see what the dry looks like after the paper bags before the cure.

@Mr. Magoo could you help me out with the rice ball thing? Is there a recipe that you found on here for that? I looked online for general rice ball recipes but they don't sound like what I am looking for.
At what point did you know to take the bud out of the bags? I have some that are definately getting dry but not quite there yet. Was it a twig snap, crispy fans or something else that told you it was time?
Thanks bro.

You need to bag it or jar it for about an hour with a hygrometer. If it's high put it back into the drying bags if not keep it jarred or bagged and start curing it.
Oh my, so it's been around 70rh in the turkey bag(TB)...just the stuff that was the bottoms that never dried in the fridge. So Derby, these buds I have in the bag now were air dried but still run at 70RH in the TB...from what you are saying I need to put that back in the drying bag correct?
Then tomorrow morning, lets say, I stick it back in the TB for an hour and check RH again. If around 60-65 can it stay there then with the Boveda pack?

Oh my, so it's been around 70rh in the turkey bag(TB)...just the stuff that was the bottoms that never dried in the fridge. So Derby, these buds I have in the bag now were air dried but still run at 70RH in the TB...from what you are saying I need to put that back in the drying bag correct?
Then tomorrow morning, lets say, I stick it back in the TB for an hour and check RH again. If around 60-65 can it stay there then with the Boveda pack?
This really depends on the rh in the room that you're opening the tb in. If it's 50% or less just burp them a 2 times a day and leave maybe 50% more air in the bag that covers the product. If it's high then you need other means to bring the rh down like a refrigerator. I remember newty would start her jeep air conditioner and burp the bag in there.

That’s a link to @InTheShed tutorial on the rice balls. I know some keep the buds in the fridge until they get down to around 70 Rh. Then in with the rice balls until it gets down to the desired RH for curing. Then they stay in the turkey bags for the cure process. Others have just kept them in the fridge for 2 weeks and then proceed with rice balls. My RH was still high 90’s at 2 weeks so after 3 I proceeded with the rice.

I think either way you’ve given chlorophyll enough time to break down which should give you the smoothness the low and slow drying method gives your buds. If I’m wrong someone please clarify!

This really depends on the rh in the room that you're opening the tb in. If it's 50% or less just burp them a 2 times a day and leave maybe 50% more air in the bag that covers the product. If it's high then you need other means to bring the rh down like a refrigerator. I remember newty would start her jeep air conditioner and burp the bag in there.
OK good info. The house right now, in the basement, is running 45% so I'll keep burping a couple of times a day. I suppose there's no point in placing a Boveda in there until I get down to 62ish.

That’s a link to @InTheShed tutorial on the rice balls. I know some keep the buds in the fridge until they get down to around 70 Rh. Then in with the rice balls until it gets down to the desired RH for curing. Then they stay in the turkey bags for the cure process. Others have just kept them in the fridge for 2 weeks and then proceed with rice balls. My RH was still high 90’s at 2 weeks so after 3 I proceeded with the rice.
Thanks Magoo...again more good info that I will look at tonight. From how you are explaining it I may not need the rice balls at all. I will keep an eye on fridge RH.

This may be obvious, but I haven't seen in mentioned, check your RH at room temperature. As temp goes up humidity goes down. Cold bud will show much higher RH
Thanks Wookie, my house temp is like 65-67. I like it cool during the fall but really turn it up once we get below freezing. I'm not sure if that qualifies as cold bud but I'll do a test tomorrow on the fridge bud.

I don't use boveda bags anymore. I cure and make sure when I'm done i'm between 58-62% then I dump them in the jars. I use 1/2 gallon jars after they are cured in the turkey bags
Hmm, OK well that's saves me some money. Looks like I can get my wife her toothpaste this week after all.
Thanks!

OK, so I got my first taste today of the lower end stuff from the WW's. A fully detailed smoke report is below.

Straight from the turkey bag at 62%. This stuff is smooth. Not harsh at all for so little time drying and curing. Burns clean.

Start smoke report:
I light the weed and it smells like weed. I inhale and it goes in my lungs. My lungs fill then I exhale. Somewhere in between that last step I get totally buzzed.
End of smoke report.

9/10 only because I don't want to be that guy who says his is a 10. ;)

Back
Top Bottom