Sauga's Got Amnesia But Didn't Forget The Red Dragon

Shotta, how are ya? Thanks brutha. Ya things really picked up the last few days in the sticky category so I'm trying to leave them alone, but they just want to be fondled so badly. I do it just so I can smell my fingers. It had a different meaning 30 years ago.
Good to see you!

Lol I know what you mean man. I'm having the same problem they look so good and smell even better just cant help myself.

Hey @MrSauga got a new problem I have not seen before wondering if you or @InTheShed might know what this means.

Attachments

• 20200316_081750.jpg
    20200316_081750.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 84
@InTheShed I'm not sure didn't count that but I have the as far away as I can I did turn it up from 3/4 power to 100% just a couple days ago. So maybe I have not fed them in a while cuz I'm using time release dry amendment. Only thing I did new recently is give them a good amount of filtered water to soak them throughout the fabric pots. I'll turn my lights down when I get home just incase. Thanks for helping in any way so many things to know about when it comes to growing.

At first glance it looks like light burn to me. How many leaves and where are they on the plant? I'm sure MrS will have other questions, or maybe he won't...
When I looked at the bottom of the pic it looks more random then light burn, so now what? Does a good pairing end here? Maybe not!
@InTheShed I'm not sure didn't count that but I have the as far away as I can I did turn it up from 3/4 power to 100% just a couple days ago.
But then it would make sense Shed is right, since the intensity was just changed recently. Or is he?
Possibly a very minor Ca def.
That was my initial thought too. I know he's using Earth Dust, and did have some Ca issues early on

It could be the light as Shed mentioned but because it is a dry ammendment nute I believe it needs more Ca. I don't like to make more than one change at a time so I think Dragoon was raising the light. If the problem progresses we know it's a Ca def.

Ok so I turned down my light so going to give it a little time and see if any new spots appear. Also here's an over view of her so you can see more of the damage. Also also my temps went too high temp hit 91-93°f.
Hey mrsaurge what do you think about them leaves with the really dark veins
Overall there's a few things that are happening. The far left looks like a Mg def. The right side looks like heat damage from the curled up leaf. The brown spotting seems like light burn or a Ca def. In general it seems to be lacking several things and because of the Earth Dust I'm not sure what to tell you. If you have been feeding by the schedule then you may need to contact them with images and see if they can help.
You may also want to do a slurry test on the soil now as well in order to rule out any pH issues.

HOW TO USE EARTH DUST?

To use Earth Dust, simply follow these steps:
  • Vegetative Growth (1 Feeding)
    • To start your grow, mix in 3-5 Tablespoons per gallon of soil of Earth Dust Base.
    • For best results, keep the soil moist and let sit for 2-4 weeks to “cook” and let the microbes get to work.
    • Just add water until 1 week before flower.
  • Flowering Growth (2 Feedings)
    • 1 Week before flower, “Top Dress” by sprinkling 1-3 Tablespoons per gallon of soil of Earth Dust Boost and gently working into the top inch of soil.
    • 30 Days later, “Top Dress” again by sprinkling 2-4 Tablespoons per gallon of soil of Earth Dust Boost.
All that is needed are 3 separate feedings, and the rest of the time, water.
What Kind of Soil to Use?

It’s recommended to use a soil with some organic compounds in the soil, so that there is some “breakdown” activity and plant matter to keep your soil alive. This type of activity makes the plant-based ingredients of Earth Dust available to your plants.
We recommend “Black Gold Natural and Organic Potting Soil” as a widely available soil to start.
If you can’t find that or you want to try something else, look for “aged forest products”, and/or “compost” in a high quality potting soil mix from your garden or hydro store. There should be some peat moss / coco coir, and perlite in the mix for a well-draining soil. Good brands include Fox Farms [Coco Loco, Happy Frog, Ocean Forest], Royal Gold [Mendo Mix, Basement Mix, King’s Mix], Roots Organic Potting Soil [All Mixes] and others. Make sure the soil mix has either no added nutrients/amendments, or is lightly amended or “charged” for 1-2 weeks of growth. If the soil is heavily amended, only use 2 Tablespoons of Earth Dust Base to start.
If you want to use 100% coco, please note this is a “soilless” medium that does not contain organic materials that break down. You may need to pay closer attention to water pH (aim for 5.8-6.5 pH) and start your soil by mixing in 3-5 tablespoons per gallon of Earth Dust Base and 1 tablespoon per gallon of Earth Dust Boost.
What Kind of Water to Use?

For optimal results, it’s recommended to use carbon filtered water from your tap. It’s OK to use straight tap water, but it’s best to have some sort of filtration to remove particles and chemicals from your water. Almost all city water contains chlorine and chloramine — detrimental to the microbes in the soil.
You don’t need to pH adjust your water, especially if you carbon filter your water. If you do pH your water, the chemicals can build up in the soil, so use them sparingly and only for a slight adjustment so that your water is below ~7.0 pH. If you’d like to try pH correction, use organic crystals or liquid. Look for Citric acid or Potassium bicarbonate.
If you’re concerned about your water source, invest in filtration first. If you run into problems, then consider pHing your water.
How Much Water to Use?

Your soil will perform at the best if it is kept moist so that it can stay “alive”. Small, frequent waterings with no run-off are recommended. You don’t need to flush your soil with Earth Dust, in fact, it’s recommended to water so that little to no “run off” (water exiting the bottom of your pot) occurs. Growers get great success with automatic “drip” feeding systems with a pump, or using Blumat carrots so that the soil maintains a consistent moisture level.

Can Earth Dust Be Used to Make a Nutrient Tea?

Yes! Use Base during veg, and Boost if your plants are looking hungry in flower.
Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Start with 1/4-1/8 of the nutrients you’d normally be using for your amendment feeding. 1-2 Tablespoons per plant is a good start.
    Fill a bucket or jug with water.
  2. Make sure you’re not creating the solution stronger than 1 cup or 16 tablespoons of nutrients per 1 gallon of water. Other than that, the amount of water does not matter very much. If you’re not sure what to do, mix about 2-4 tablespoons per gallon of water, just enough so you can easily split the water between all of your plants.
  3. Mix your nutrients into a bucket or jug of water.
  4. Shake or stir.
  5. Let sit for 24 hours. If you can remember, keep shaking or stirring every few hours. If you have an air stone, even better.
  6. Your nutrient solution is ready!
  7. Water your plants with the solution. If it wasn’t enough for a normal watering, add some regular water afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom