Sauga's Got Cement Shoes & A Chem Dog

Your wife sounds like the type of person I could chill with. We don't care about taste or smell, just how high does it get us :)
I miss my giggly teen years :p
Your wife sounds like the type of person I could chill with. We don't care about the size of the joint just how long it lasts us :)
I miss my giggly teen years :p
Man, first it was in VG’s thread and now yours is being affected too Mr. S!! This damn echo keeps on following me around everywhere I go!!

Smoke Report for the Cement Shoes

OMG this is good. Tastes and smells like cannabis but not of a strain I have tasted or smelled before. The sampler was sticky and I got really high.
9 outta 10.
Best one yet! Makes me wanna get some now. Good job old man :thumb:

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the third fourth installment of Growing with Sauga. In case you missed the first three installments you can view my signature below for links. If not, I can sum it all up for you.
I dropped seeds, then they grew into gorgeous plants because I cared for them, and then they died when I cut their heads off. After their death, they were put in a fridge for a few weeks until I sucked out all their moisture which then allowed me to cure them for a few weeks in turkey bags.
Now I smoke them. It was a pretty violent ending for them but after you cut a chicken's head off it's small potatoes. I've never cut a chicken's head off but I would imagine if I did it would be small potatoes after that.

So, here we go.

The Volunteers

Chem()Dog #4 - Dr.Seeds
Cement Shoes - Dr. Seeds
Phantom OG - Barney's Farm
Royal Gorilla - RQS

The Environment

Tent - It's black on the outside and shiny on the inside.
Lighting - LED(Light Emitting Doohickeys) 2 x 1000W
Exhaust Fan - AC Infinity Cloudline T6
Fans - I have plenty but have asked them not to show up
Humidity - Controlled through a dehumidifier outside the tent, and a humidifier inside. Inkbird IHC 200 controller controls the humidifier. The T6 controls the temp and high RH. If the RH gets too high, the T6 turns on and sucks in lower RH from the room controlled from the dehumidier stat. If the temp gets too high and the T6 starts to bring in fresh drier air, then the humidifier kicks on inside the tent and raises the RH.

The Medium
I'm having great success with Miracle Grow's Nature's Care Organic Potting Mix. I add Miracle Grow Sea Compost and also Vermiculite from ProMix. The MG perlite is sprayed with some sort of crap and requires rinsing first. The best I can tell is the vermiculite has no additives or sprays.
70% MG Potting Mix
20% MG Sea Compost
10% Vermiculite
- The vermiculite is needed since the Sea Compost is very dense and has no drainage fillers. Without the vermiculite the soil will become clumpy. The MG potting mix already has it's own stuff mixed in. Probably Perlite... bastards.

I went back to the analog timers this grow. Sometimes the program would change back to default so instead of any issues I'm going back to what works best for me. I'm also going to try and run a full plant cycle on these LED's. I have always started with them but switched to the HID part way through in previous grows. Partially because the last grow was in the winter and the heat provided by the HID was a blessing.

The Chemdog is also part of a comparison grow a bunch of us are getting involved in, so if you are interested in participating or just want to follow along the thread can be found here.

The seeds have been soaking for almost 24 hours now and should be ready for the jiffy pellets soon. I've never used them before and if it's like my first condom experience I'm in for a lot of trouble.

:Rasta:

I'm subbed ... only 35 pages to go ... :)

Day 129 Update

Hey everybody!

Lots to discuss today. First off, many of you may not know that I use MC as my base nute. I run the older version which carries a NPK ratio of 9-6-14. Their newest version runs 9-6-17 which is meant to help the plant through flower. There's less nutrients in the older version which tends to lead to deficiencies occasionally of Ca, Mg and K.
The newer version contains higher levels of Ca and Magnesium amino chelates to compensate as well as an increase of 27% Phosphorous and 24% Potassium.
So what am I getting at? Well I'm trying to run some new numbers with my MC to give me more Ca, Mg and K thoughout the flowering stage. Currently I have been running the following to give me a combined NPK ratio of 2-1-3. That has been working fine in veg but the plants outside have been showing signs of various defs, albeit not that bad. So my feed consisted of the following per 4L of water:
6.3g M.C (9-6-14)
5mL Protekt (0-0-3)
2mL Sensi Cal (4-0-0)
.4g Kelp Extract (0-0-15)

Now this is where the science hopefully works for me. Greenleaf Nutrients, the manufacturers of MegaCrop, also make several additional goodies that they want you to buy. I have the following:
Cal+Mag Pro (13-0-0) - This product contains a healthy dose of Ca at 11% and Mg at 3.5%
Bud Explosion (0-19-39) - This product also contains 1% Mg and 10% S
Sweet Candy (0-0-16) - This product contains 5.5% Mg and 13% S

I've been following many posts by farside05 and he's always throwing out some good tidbits for us to enjoy.
Did you know that plants look for 1 part S to 15-20 parts N? If your plants are not getting that then they probably will benefit with some extra Sulfur. Also, you never want your N-K ratio to exceed 1:3. Anything above that and you risk Ca lockout. The best range for most plants during growth and veg seems to be around 2-1-3 of NPK. As an example, if you have a combined ratio of of nutes that going in that equals something like 6-3-9 then you have a 2-1-3 ratio. Perfect.
If your nutes going in combine a total of 3-3-12 then you have a ratio of 1-1-4. Now your N-K ratio is above 1:3 and you're going to have problems.

So you can see it's not just throwing some nutes together and hoping things go the way you want them to. In my case I've been able to use a simple calculator that farside created and modified it to meet my needs. It's simple to plumb in some numbers and visually see the results instantly.
Having said that I'm going to use some of products above that I have been against using with MC. MC v2 is a stand alone product and does not require additives from what we have seen around the forum here. MC v1 is a different story.

Using their CM Pro has a huge amount of N in it. So much that you'll burn your plants unless you can work out how much to use. The benefits are hidden inside with the Ca and Mg if you can access them without harming the plant. PPM levels of N are best between 90-150. If you start going higher than 150 you might risk tip burn. If lower than 90 you may risk N def. So you always want to try and maintain the N at correct levels. I've been as high as 180ppm and start to notice tip burn depending on the stage of growth.
The Bud Explosion I wont be running, since the P values mess everything up when I try and get the correct ratios needed. This leaves me to the Sweet Candy. The Sweet Candy contains some really high doses of of K, at 16%. My concern was how high the S was as well.
If you recall earlier, plants look for a 15-20:1 ratio N-S, so with this product it gives me a 1:1 ratio. I asked around and it appears that a 1:1 ratio is fine and I should have no problems, so this is what I'll be using for the next few feedings. Again, this is per 4L of water.
5.3g MegaCrop
5g Sweet Candy
1g Calmag Pro

With the above amounts I get a combined NPK ratio of 6-3-14 which works out to 2-1-4 for arguments sake. Exactly what I am trying to get to. I've increased my K, maitained my N and P and kept my N load at 174ppm. What has happened though is the PPM levels of my final mix have shot way up. This should be OK but may mean that I could get a buildup of salt over a period of time. My PPM level is at 1293 with an EC of 2.75.

So with all that said I'm eager to see how things react over the next few days. They both got 6L of water today with their new formula.
In closing here's a few pics of the girls.

:Rasta:
good LORD these are spectacular! I'm currently waiting on a shipment of Megacrop and Sweet Candy (already have the Bud Explosion) and was wondering if you might share how to calculate and figure out the correct ratio for dosages? Math is not my strong suit but i can give it my best. Thank you for your expertise!

Megacrop and Sweet Candy (already have the Bud Explosion) and was wondering if you might share how to calculate and figure out the correct ratio for dosages? Math is not my strong suit but i can give it my best. Thank you for your expertise!
Hi Brief!
I have an older version of Megacrop so I'm able to use the older version of Sweet Candy with it. I do not use Bud Explosion and I have not used their new version of Sweet Candy(the version you are getting).
So the easiest way to use Megacrop is by using their calculator on their webside. It's a starting point and from there you are looking for changes in color in the plant that indicates it needs more or less food.
Nitrogen is the key indicator and as the plant lightens in greeness you bump up the Megacrop 1/2 to 1g more per gallon of water.

With Bud Explosion you can use it as directed AFTER the second week of flower. Any earlier than that and you risk locking out your plant of other nutrients.
I would run Megacrop only for the very first time. It's designed to take you from seedling to harvest without any other additives. Once you have a feel for the product you can play with the Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion.
Good luck and happy growing!

Hi Brief!
I have an older version of Megacrop so I'm able to use the older version of Sweet Candy with it. I do not use Bud Explosion and I have not used their new version of Sweet Candy(the version you are getting).
So the easiest way to use Megacrop is by using their calculator on their webside. It's a starting point and from there you are looking for changes in color in the plant that indicates it needs more or less food.
Nitrogen is the key indicator and as the plant lightens in greeness you bump up the Megacrop 1/2 to 1g more per gallon of water.

With Bud Explosion you can use it as directed AFTER the second week of flower. Any earlier than that and you risk locking out your plant of other nutrients.
I would run Megacrop only for the very first time. It's designed to take you from seedling to harvest without any other additives. Once you have a feel for the product you can play with the Sweet Candy and Bud Explosion.
Good luck and happy growing!

Thank you for your advice!! Once Mega Crop is back in stock ill grab a bag and hopefully get started on just that. I do already have some General Hydroponics nutes on deck just in case the Mega Crop restock/delivery is too late for this run. Either way tho...I can’t wait to try it!

Thank you for your advice!! Once Mega Crop is back in stock ill grab a bag and hopefully get started on just that. I do already have some General Hydroponics nutes on deck just in case the Mega Crop restock/delivery is too late for this run. Either way tho...I can’t wait to try it!

Once you get going start a journal so I and others can follow along. It's always good having some extra eyes looking out :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom