Sauga's Got Cement Shoes & A Chem Dog

The problem with those examples is those are the song titles. Tiny Dancer, Love in an Elevator, Beast of Burden...they make for good jokes but I doubt they were really popular misunderstandings.

Kiss this guy on the other hand...
I have more lyrics than just the titles. I wanted to be the female version of Weird Al.

Day 22 Update

Hey everybody!

The CD # 4(d22) and Cement Shoes(d21) were topped two days ago. They both had six strong nodes coming out before topped back to the fourth. They never skipped a beat.
The last time they had any water/food was back on the 3rd. Their final home was wetted with rain water so they have been living off the Miracle Grow Organic Shite and are chugging along nicely.

The Gorilla Cookies(d15) was put in her final home last night. As you'll see she is 5 days shorter than the ones above, so I'm not going to top her and hope she'll catch up to the others in height.
The White Tahoe Cookies(d10) has improved a lot. Still in a solo cup and I'll give her some water tomorrow, but she's going to be short no matter what. I'm going to hook up my shed-a-matic thingie which will prop her up higher later in the grow. She's lower now becasue of the 600W sun above her.

And the group shot...

:Rasta:

Looks great Mr. S.
We got some of the miracle grow stuff for our flowers this year and they loved it never seen them grow like that.
Looking forward to watching the cement shoes looks like a great strain hope she really produces for you. Maybe I'll get a few bibles for my tent lol.

So just wanted some opinions on one of my auto plant real quick its 50 days from seed breeder say 55-60 days to harvest. To be honest I still have no idea of what I'm doing but I feel like I'm getting better. The large fan leaves are yellowing and dieing off do not believe it to be a nute problem so I'm assuming it is just coming to the end of it life cycle. The buds look good and gaining mass pretty quickly. I'll attach 2 photos taken 5 days apart. Marked the main cola as well it shows the biggest difference imo.

Attachments

• 20190820_120657.jpg
    20190820_120657.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190820_120724.jpg
    20190820_120724.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 32
So just wanted some opinions on one of my auto plant real quick its 50 days from seed breeder say 55-60 days to harvest. To be honest I still have no idea of what I'm doing but I feel like I'm getting better. The large fan leaves are yellowing and dieing off do not believe it to be a nute problem so I'm assuming it is just coming to the end of it life cycle. The buds look good and gaining mass pretty quickly. I'll attach 2 photos taken 5 days apart. Marked the main cola as well it shows the biggest difference imo.
You're absolutely right! The plant is coming to the end of it's life cycle. It's using up whatever's left in those fan leaves. Because of the training, the yellowing is more obvious since you have less fans amongst the plant. You did a fine job Dragoond!

Day 22 Update

Hey everybody!

The CD # 4(d22) and Cement Shoes(d21) were topped two days ago. They both had six strong nodes coming out before topped back to the fourth. They never skipped a beat.
The last time they had any water/food was back on the 3rd. Their final home was wetted with rain water so they have been living off the Miracle Grow Organic Shite and are chugging along nicely.

The Gorilla Cookies(d15) was put in her final home last night. As you'll see she is 5 days shorter than the ones above, so I'm not going to top her and hope she'll catch up to the others in height.
The White Tahoe Cookies(d10) has improved a lot. Still in a solo cup and I'll give her some water tomorrow, but she's going to be short no matter what. I'm going to hook up my shed-a-matic thingie which will prop her up higher later in the grow. She's lower now becasue of the 600W sun above her.

And the group shot...

What's that mysterious cloud lurking about on the left in the group shot? Is your tent haunted Mr.S?

lol, no, but in case you were really curious that's the nitrous oxide I pump in before I start the quad.
That reminds me, I read that thrips do very poorly in environments high in co2, I wanted to tell @ProfessorFlora but kept forgetting. Plants dig it too.

That reminds me, I read that thrips do very poorly in environments high in co2, I wanted to tell @ProfessorFlora but kept forgetting. Plants dig it too.

Turns out I did some more research on my 'thrips', which are actually leafhoppers. They do the same damage and are handled the same way. The tell-tale sign was the way they moved sideways under the leaf when they catch you looking at them. They suck the sap out when they are thirsty, so dry hot spells opens the oasis for them.

Day 109 Update

Hey everybody!
It's Sucky Sunday today, which comes after Finally Friday and Silly Saturday, but before Manic Monday, so enjoy what's left of the day.

The girls are chugging along nicely. Signs of Ca def and Leafhopper damage but they are going to produce some nice size bud I do believe.
I tried the Calmag Pro from GLN. Bad mistake. Stay away from that stuff. Way too hot. I had to try it though because I'm a moron, but for the sake of science I now know for sure it doesn't work well with such a high N level at 13%.
Here's some pics.

So I wanted to learn a bit more on Ca def myself and did some researching on a reputable website. The information provided below is copied from this site and is not something I just whipped up.

Function of Calcium
Calcium, in the form of calcium pectate, is responsible for holding together the cell walls of plants. When calcium is deficient, new tissue such as root tips, young leaves, and shoot tips often exhibit distorted growth from improper cell wall formation. Calcium is also used in activating certain enzymes and to send signals that coordinate certain cellular activities.

Calcium Deficiency
Calcium is not mobile within the plant. So the plant relies on the process of transpiration in which the plant roots take up the soil solution (which contains the needed calcium), transports it to new growth where the calcium is used and the excess water vapor escapes out through holes in the leaves called stomata. Anything that slows transpiration, such as high humidity or cold temperatures, can induce calcium deficiency even if the calcium levels are normal in the growing medium. Parts of the plant that transpire little water, i.e. young leaves and fruit, will display calcium deficiencies first. Blossom end rot of tomatoes is a classic case of calcium deficiency. Calcium deficiency can arise if levels in the fertilizer solution are less than 40-60 ppm and/or potassium, magnesium, or sodium levels are too high.

Calcium Toxicity
Calcium toxicity rarely occurs. High levels of calcium can compete with magnesium and potassium uptake, causing their deficiencies.
(The above I find interesting and maybe others can comment on that. If it rarely occurs why do we speak of it so often?)
Disregard, I got toxicity mixed up with def

Calcium Source - Fertilizer
Not all fertilizers contain calcium, such as those with a significant percentage of phosphorus, so it is important to read the label. Some fertilizers list the percentage of calcium and magnesium in the fertilizer analysis, i.e. 15-7-14-3Ca-1Mg. Those that are identified as a “Cal-Mag” such as 15-5-15, 17-5-17, etc., will contain calcium. If you are not certain that a fertilizer contains calcium, check the percentage list of ingredients in the fertilizer.
Most calcium-containing fertilizers are formulated with calcium nitrate. Keep in mind that calcium nitrate is potentially basic, meaning it will cause the pH of the growing medium to rise unless acid is injected or potentially acidic fertilizers are used in rotation.

Calcium Source - Water
All water sources supply some calcium. As a general rule, water coming from deep wells or most non-coastal regions of North America has sufficient calcium for normal crop growth, while water from a shallow well, coastal region, rain, lake, river or pond generally has insufficient calcium levels. Regardless, it is best to have your water tested to verify if your water is supplying sufficient calcium. If the calcium level in your water is 40-60 ppm or more, then there is little need to use a fertilizer that provides calcium.
(If this is the case for the average homeowner, then why do we see so many Ca defs in cannabis plants?)

Anyhow, some good information for me.

Back
Top Bottom