Sauga's Got Cement Shoes & A Chem Dog

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the third fourth installment of Growing with Sauga. In case you missed the first three installments you can view my signature below for links. If not, I can sum it all up for you.
I dropped seeds, then they grew into gorgeous plants because I cared for them, and then they died when I cut their heads off. After their death, they were put in a fridge for a few weeks until I sucked out all their moisture which then allowed me to cure them for a few weeks in turkey bags.
Now I smoke them. It was a pretty violent ending for them but after you cut a chicken's head off it's small potatoes. I've never cut a chicken's head off but I would imagine if I did it would be small potatoes after that.

So, here we go.

The Volunteers

Chem()Dog #4 - Dr.Seeds
Cement Shoes - Dr. Seeds
Phantom OG - Barney's Farm
Royal Gorilla - RQS

The Environment

Tent - It's black on the outside and shiny on the inside.
Lighting - LED(Light Emitting Doohickeys) 2 x 1000W
Exhaust Fan - AC Infinity Cloudline T6
Fans - I have plenty but have asked them not to show up
Humidity - Controlled through a dehumidifier outside the tent, and a humidifier inside. Inkbird IHC 200 controller controls the humidifier. The T6 controls the temp and high RH. If the RH gets too high, the T6 turns on and sucks in lower RH from the room controlled from the dehumidier stat. If the temp gets too high and the T6 starts to bring in fresh drier air, then the humidifier kicks on inside the tent and raises the RH.

The Medium
I'm having great success with Miracle Grow's Nature's Care Organic Potting Mix. I add Miracle Grow Sea Compost and also Vermiculite from ProMix. The MG perlite is sprayed with some sort of crap and requires rinsing first. The best I can tell is the vermiculite has no additives or sprays.
70% MG Potting Mix
20% MG Sea Compost
10% Vermiculite
- The vermiculite is needed since the Sea Compost is very dense and has no drainage fillers. Without the vermiculite the soil will become clumpy. The MG potting mix already has it's own stuff mixed in. Probably Perlite... bastards.

I went back to the analog timers this grow. Sometimes the program would change back to default so instead of any issues I'm going back to what works best for me. I'm also going to try and run a full plant cycle on these LED's. I have always started with them but switched to the HID part way through in previous grows. Partially because the last grow was in the winter and the heat provided by the HID was a blessing.

The Chemdog is also part of a comparison grow a bunch of us are getting involved in, so if you are interested in participating or just want to follow along the thread can be found here.

The seeds have been soaking for almost 24 hours now and should be ready for the jiffy pellets soon. I've never used them before and if it's like my first condom experience I'm in for a lot of trouble.

:Rasta:

I’m in Sauga! What is the cement shoes? All 3 of the other will be great for sure. I loved the auto version of royal Gorilla so I’m sure the photo version will be outstanding. Chemdog is always awesome, especially when they spell it right! And the the POG is anything like @ProfessorFlora s then she will be a pleasure to watch! Good luck brother!

I’m in, best of luck to you✌
Thanks ECG! :Namaste:
I’m in Sauga! What is the cement shoes? All 3 of the other will be great for sure. I loved the auto version of royal Gorilla so I’m sure the photo version will be outstanding. Chemdog is always awesome, especially when they spell it right! And the the POG is anything like @ProfessorFlora s then she will be a pleasure to watch! Good luck brother!
First time for any Chem strain so I'm looking forward to that. The POG is one I've had for a while and I had to get it in the lineup this go-around. See below for a rough description on the CS! Thanks Magoo! :passitleft:

Whoop whoop!
:yahoo:
Hiya P9! Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

You have your hands full sir. I’m looking forward to it. Come on you lil helmet heads, Let’s Go!! Sorry for yelling Mr S. Cheers!!
Ha, yell away. Apparently it's OK when they are tucked away in Jiffy Pellets. They can't hear a thang :)
Welcome aboard JD!

Cement Shoes Screenshot

How's it going @MrSauga glad I found your new grow. I hope you have an easy grow with big yields. I have heard of chemdog and the others but not so much about cement shoes I be watching it see how that turns out.

I have started a new grow of autos this time around. So far so good tho one has already started to flower in week four. I was hoping for a little more veg time.

Just a quick question idk if you have ran autos but I'm using fox farm happy frog soil have not feed any nutes and it looks great should I add anything now that flowering has started?

Any info from you or other members is appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 20190722_075347.jpg
    20190722_075347.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 20190722_075340.jpg
    20190722_075340.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 182
:cheesygrinsmiley: Hiya HH! :hug: :thanks:
I'll just pull up a chair over here
:passitleft:
Thanks N420. There's only 6 seats left so I'm glad you found one ;)
Howdy Sauga, count me in.
Counted! 5 seats left :) Thanks for joining VG! :hug:
Still the first page! I'm getting better. Cement Shoes sounds great! I'm up for some more POG action!
I had a special seat for you out back, but since you got here on the front page you can choose whatever you like. Thanks for stopping by Professor! :Namaste:
How's it going @MrSauga glad I found your new grow. I hope you have an easy grow with big yields. I have heard of chemdog and the others but not so much about cement shoes I be watching it see how that turns out.

I have started a new grow of autos this time around. So far so good tho one has already started to flower in week four. I was hoping for a little more veg time.

Just a quick question idk if you have ran autos but I'm using fox farm happy frog soil have not feed any nutes and it looks great should I add anything now that flowering has started?

Any info from you or other members is appreciated thanks.
Hi Dragoon! Did you start a new journal? Did I miss something? How long have they been flowering for? They look great and I'm surprised that FFHF hasn't had you add any nutes yet. You can always add nutes to try and bulk her up a bit, but because you have not given her any at all start with a 1/4 dose until you see how she reacts. Then from there go to half dose.
:goodjob:

Are your lights 2,000 watts at the wall?
Thanks Shed for dropping by again!
They actually pull just over 400 each, so 800ish. Pretty good really, over 50% drop :rofl: They are full spectrum and I picked them up for my first grow. Didn't like the blurple so I bought the HID. Each grow I start off with them, and the plants do great, but for some reason I suck out and go HID thinking it's for the best. Not this time.

Hi Dragoon! Did you start a new journal? Did I miss something?

No man you have not missed anything been busy so I have just been saving up pics and info for a journal soon. But also I messed up when I started I may have mixed up which seed was which so its either a auto Northern lights or an auto zkittles from @SeedsMan . Just started week 4 today and noticed that it had started flowering. I thinking about added nutes and believe I should be leaning more to bloom nutes with a bit of veg nutes to help the stretch. Does that sound right?

Back
Top Bottom