Here is a quick photo of my two Quarter Pounder auto X Gorilla Glue auto plants. On the left is the plant being fed at 5.5 grams / gallon. On the right the plant being fed 2.5 grams / gallon. To me there is a visible difference in size.

Agreed! It seems the heavier feeding is benefiting her!

I had the auto flower girls out today for a close examination. I like to do this once a week to keep on top of things.

On the larger of the two I noticed that the 5th node was sticking up well above the 4th node. So I went ahead and pinched it off. The smaller of the two has it's 4th node opening up nicely and with luck I'll be able to remove the 5th node from her as well prior to the start of flowering.

Now @MrSauga has said he will be mainlining ( I think he said it) his autos, and to be honest I have no clue how to do this. So for me it will be some branch bending and maybe a bit of LST. Here are two photos of the larger of my two autos.

Now @MrSauga has said he will be mainlining ( I think he said it) his autos, and to be honest I have no clue how to do this. So for me it will be some branch bending and maybe a bit of LST. Here are two photos of the larger of my two autos.
Nice job Beez!
I'm doing a quadline and a messed up quadline, which I'm calling a twinline. I'll be describing what I do if I can screw it up exactly how I did the first time. I just have to remember how I did that!

I'll be topping the THC Bomb in FFOF tonight, which will be the quadline. I'll post before and after pics so you can see what is done for that.

Day 19 Update

Hey everybody!

Today's update is the first stage in quadlining. This method was created by Asesino85 and is used by many members here at :420:

The first step is selecting the nodes to keep, in this case, as by the method, it will be nodes three and four. We will top everything above the fourth node, and everything below the third, except the cotyledons. We will leave them for another time, or if they are yellowing as mine are they will probably fall off soon.
We want the plant to recover after this initial topping so before we do the training we'll give it a short rest period and see how she responds over the next few days.
The first two pics are prior to topping. You'll see I'm starting my sixth node, so I'll be going down just under the fifth.

These next pics show everything gone above the fourth, and below the fifth. From the saugaview you'll see a nice quad looking form, which is the first pic. The second pic is a side view showing what was removed.

From here we're going to let her rest a bit and then do some training and light defol.
That's it for the first part!

Next up is the THC Bomb in MGOS, who's just starting to show her fifth node. She'll be topped most likely on day 21, right inside that window we are shooting for.

The GG in FFOF is showing some signs of something. I'm not going to worry yet as the THC Bombs are not showing any signs of a def, and I think it's just a genetic or light thing. The new growth is looking fine so we'll just keep an eye on here for now.

Finally the GG in MGOS, who is about to get a can of whoop ass if she doesn't get her ass in gear. I had to give her a bit of extra water when she popped, as the leaves were droopy from the start. The water perked her up, but slowed her growth. Now she's being dried out and hopefully that will get her going.
If not it's garbage day next Monday.

Group Shot

:Rasta:

I looked at the smaller of my two autos and what I thought was the fourth node was the 5th node. It was small but plenty big enough to get hold of it and cut it off with the scissors. Not sure if I'm man enough to try the Twinline unless you're going to be doing a step by step with lots of photos.

I looked at the smaller of my two autos and what I thought was the fourth node was the 5th node. It was small but plenty big enough to get hold of it and cut it off with the scissors. Not sure if I'm man enough to try the Twinline unless you're going to be doing a step by step with lots of photos.
Hmmm, I wouldn't suggest you start with the twinline. I'm trying to get a step by step written up and I'd feel real bad if yours failed because of this method.
I'm going by how I screwed it up except this time I will be taking pics and documenting it

Day 20 Update

Hey everybody!

Today's update is quick and simple. Some pics of the quad on the rebound. She didn't even know she was topped, silly fool.

You can see the leaves have perked right up and she's praying to the blurples. It's a sight of pure beauty! The inside growth has already started to take off as well. In a few days we'll take the fans off and start the training.

A pic of the THC Bomb in MGOS which gets topped tomorrow. Although I have no pic of the GG, she too will be topped. It will be a tight node five to get at on the GG, but we'll get 'er done!

So what are you doing with the THC Bomb in the FFOF? That is the plant you took off above the 5th node and below the 4th node?
That is the quadline method.
I took above the fourth and below the third, leaving nodes three and four intact.

Well since I jumped the gun and took off everything above the 4th node and below the 3 node on my bigger plant it looks like I'll be going that route along with you. I'll grab a picture or two after I have some coffee.

I have to say it was painful cutting off several side branches below the 3rd node that had started growing out.

What is the next step after this? When will you be doing it so I am sure to be here to watch what you're doing.
I meant to ask, how many side branches should I have at this point?

Well since I jumped the gun and took off everything above the 4th node and below the 3 node on my bigger plant it looks like I'll be going that route along with you. I'll grab a picture or two after I have some coffee.

I have to say it was painful cutting off several side branches below the 3rd node that had started growing out.
Hey Beez,
sounds like you did it just right. You should have 4 main branches now, or nodes. Two nodes coming out from the third node, and two nodes coming out from the fourth node. Those are your new branches that we will be training.
The next step is within a week, where we'll be taking off the big fans and introducing you to the new nodes coming out of your new branches.
It sounds confusing when you read it, but when I post pics you will clearly understand. On Friday or Saturday you can safely trim off those cotys if the plant has responded back nicely.

The Vault has another promo going on for those who are not aware. Just say "High" and you're entered to win seeds!

Day 21 Update

Hey everybody!

Are you ready for today's update? Good, It's all about the Twinlining! So here we go @Virgin ground :)

I'm not sure if I did this correctly, but it's what I am going with that reminded me of how I did it last time. First off, we want to make sure we have at least five nodes of growth. If we were quadding, we would like at least six nodes. This keeps the plant going strong after topping.
This first pic shows node 5, almost like a bunny rabbit, getting ready to get her ears chopped.

This pic shows the first thing we want to do, which is cut the node just above the third node... that's right, the third node. Leave just a small bit above the third. Next you want to trim the new growth coming out of the third node, just above the fan leaves, where the arrows are pointing.

Here's another pic, from above, after the topping.

Next, we remove all the growth below the third node, except the cotyledons. So all I have left is this pathetic little looking thing of a plant. But she's my pathetic little thing so it's all good!
What I'm expecting to happen is new growth will start above the third, as a single point. Once it gets big enough I'll be cutting it off.

Quadlining the GG in FFOF
Tonight I also quadded the GG, although she wasn't showing the growth I was hoping for. I topped her as the method described in quadlining two days ago, except she is not showing any new growth out of the fourth node yet. It's really too soon but it's day 21 and I want to stay within that window for topping.

The GG in MGOS is slowly starting to grow. The lights had to be moved way up. I'll have more about that in my summary below but I'm not expecting her to get big at all before she flowers, so she's a good guinea pig if my first twinline attempt isn't what I was expecting. I can make adjustments on her based on what I see from the THC Bomb.

Finally, a lonely pic of the THC Bomb in FFOF. Her new growth is filling in fast and the new nodes are really starting to extend from the trunk. She's right on cue for training shortly.

Today's Summary

I've learned that these two strains react differently to the LED's. The Bomb's like them lower to keep the stretching down, and are easy to control with height adjustments of the light. If I want to make them taller I lift the lights and they respond pretty quick. If I lower them they stall out.
The GG's on the other hand need them high. The new GG has some colors def going on from bleaching. I also stunted her growth (on both GG's) with the lights being too low. They were at 36", then dropped to 30", then raised to 36", then 40" and finally at 46".
Now the new growth on the GG in FFOF is looking sopt on and the new GG in MGOS is starting to grow now. Probably not the best strains to run in a tent together.

All in all it was a good day!

Back
Top Bottom