51UIs9IR+zL._AC_.jpg

For the record, they are not airtight no matter how tightly you close them, so the moisture level inside will slowly acclimate to the ambient RH.
Lol, for the cassette tape, I never said they were :)

Lol, I forgot you aussie's bbq everything alive, and turkey oven bags make no sense whatsoever.
You can use any type of bag that holds air well. Turkey bags are big, and they generally will hold air for a day or two before requiring attention.

You want a bag big enough to allow ample room for the Buds to be tossed around, gently! Turkey bags are ideal. Condoms won't work.

You can also put in jars, but more time consuming to burp daily.
LOLLINGGG!

I was yesterday years old when I learned a turkey bag was a thing. Sounds like a disgusting thing too btw.

Just FYI in your initial directions which I have headed Sauga’s Style in my soon to be published Memoirs of a Grow Goddess journal, you make no mention of blowing up turkey bag balloons and shaking them.

Sauga given I have proven time and time again that I struggle to follow basic direction, do you think I should stick to the shallow end of the grow cure pool? If the answer is yes, that’s ok. It’s a goal I’ll work towards. If the answer is no, could you please write the steps in one post with the turkey balloon added so I can write it verbaitum verbatum word for word.

Do you dry this way every single grow?

And thank you for always being so nice to me even tho I’m as annoying as fuck :)

you make no mention of blowing up turkey bag balloons and shaking them.
No, I did not. It's actually separate processes, but you asked what I do after the dry, so that's what I do :).
Sauga given I have proven time and time again that I struggle to follow basic direction, do you think I should stick to the shallow end of the grow cure pool? If the answer is yes, that’s ok. It’s a goal I’ll work towards. If the answer is no, could you please write the steps in one post with the turkey balloon added so I can write it verbaitum verbatum word for word.
I'm more than happy to try and put something together this weekend. Boo knows I'm very good at doing things like that. :rolleyes:
For now, go with what you feel comfortable with. You could try a few ounces in the fridge and some without the fridge. As long as you have a few ounces. ;)
Do you dry this way every single grow?
I do!
And thank you for always being so nice to me even tho I’m as annoying as fuck :)
Trust me, you're not annoying. I guy playing with electrical, almost killing me, is annoying.

No, I did not. It's actually separate processes, but you asked what I do after the dry, so that's what I do :).

I'm more than happy to try and put something together this weekend. Boo knows I'm very good at doing things like that. :rolleyes:
For now, go with what you feel comfortable with. You could try a few ounces in the fridge and some without the fridge. As long as you have a few ounces. ;)

I do!

Trust me, you're not annoying. I guy playing with electrical, almost killing me, is annoying.
Thanks heaps Mr S

I’m going to dry my next harvest using the Lotus method, mainly coz I just love saying Lotus method. Lolll, I am not going to dry the lot in case I ruin it, just a bit. Then the next plant I am gonna go totes Sauga Style and just like you said a coupla ounces.

Thank you :)

Hi Sister HH @InTheShed always knows the correct page to start. I bookmarked it here from a while ago but it talks about the jars too, so not the correct spot.

However, I did cut and copy to a text file and this is all of it for the most part:

START TEXT
Low and Slo: In The Bag

Basic points:
  • Paper bags will help speed the process by about a week.
  • You’ll get better than 25% back, so loading the bags at 28 grams wet means every four bags’ll bring you very close to an ounce dry.
  • 28 grams to a lunch bag is a good volume for smooth drying.
  • Save most trimming for later to retain even more terpenes. I only take off fans.
  • Laying the bags on their side increases surface area facilitating the drying process.

I wash the buds and hang dry for 4 hours and then trim the buds into the bags.

After three days open the bags, reach in and gently bounce the buds apart. Close up and put them back in place.

Do this again at least one more time, about 3 days later. After that you can forget about them.

In two weeks I pull them and finish drying with rice balls to 62-65%. Then into a jar with a Boveda.

NEW
____

The process is a simple one. You want humidity levels at around 45-50% and temperatures at 40-45 degrees F.

* Harvest and wash buds, if that's your inclination. I will tell you, that washing the buds will fascilitate a more even and faster dry. Most of us let the branches hang to dry for around 4 hours. This is completely arbitrary. You're going to dry them nonetheless.

* Trim the buds from the branches small enough that they won't take forever to dry. It'll take a round or two to find your personal sweet spot, but everyone has their own comfort zone.

* Place the buds in jars that'll be gently tumbled daily or every three days, or into paper bags. In either case keep in mind that you're trying to create maximum surface area, so avoid overloading the storage container.

* Occasionally tumble, seperate, or do whatever floats your boat to keep the buds from forming a big, sticky ball. I find that I have great luck with the bags if about every three days I stick a hand in and move things around.

* Once a week let the buds air dry in a room with reasonable humidity to help drop the levels a little faster. I usually don't start doing this until the second week. Larger buds can take up to three weeks to get down to below 70% humidity, but in bags, most material is ready to work the rest of the humidity out in jars, and the cure begins at the two-week mark. I use rice to help with this.

* When you have them stable in the jars, begin curing as per your favorite method.

I should note that she skipped the step where you take them out of the bags after a week and put them in a sealed jar for a few hours with a hygrometer to check the process.

END TEXT

Hopefully that helps!
Thanks for your kind words HH. Have a great day!
Omg o_O I had this bookmarked the whole time. Lol …..I better start bookmarking my bookmarks save me a lot more time, next time.:reading420magazine:

Omg o_O I had this bookmarked the whole time. Lol …..I better start bookmarking my bookmarks save me a lot more time, next time.:reading420magazine:
Oh great, I posted a whole novel last night before this post with pictures and all, on how I started my FF fridge dry.
I wondered why all I could hear is crickets lmao what is going on with me, ugh must be this toothache playing tricks on me :oops: I hope I didn’t post is on FB or IG bc then everyone will know, oh hell no lmao jk

Anyways I went ahead and took 2 branches yesterday. I didn’t wash but I will when I start taking the girls down starting tomorrow, I have 4.
I’m super excited to try this method out bc hang drying isn’t the method for me. IMO but that’s ok…thanks to y’all here!

I just checked The humidity and temp and it was at 65h and 35%f. I don’t have that much in the bag. I need to get some lunch size bags bc rn I only have grocery size. Will they dry faster with only a few like this?
I took some buds out that have been drying since Friday night just to try, they look and smell so good, can’t wait to try!

Thanks everyone for all you do for us new b’s! :thanks:

1BE27C80-CBBE-4FA4-BD59-CEC4863D9A6C.jpeg

DB1FE954-29BB-49CD-BD4F-49CE830F9669.jpeg

1A964789-15FD-4B2A-A97E-CFF21E9318B9.jpeg

Sandia Sangría
6826AB55-119D-4A07-8457-7427700CCB5E.jpeg

Future
A7A84A23-ECDE-4C80-A363-2A04E89B1485.jpeg

Hood Candyz

Oh great, I posted a whole novel last night before this post with pictures and all, on how I started my FF fridge dry.
I wondered why all I could hear is crickets lmao what is going on with me, ugh must be this toothache playing tricks on me :oops: I hope I didn’t post is on FB or IG bc then everyone will know, oh hell no lmao jk

Anyways I went ahead and took 2 branches yesterday. I didn’t wash but I will when I start taking the girls down starting tomorrow, I have 4.
I’m super excited to try this method out bc hang drying isn’t the method for me. IMO but that’s ok…thanks to y’all here!

I just checked The humidity and temp and it was at 65h and 35%f. I don’t have that much in the bag. I need to get some lunch size bags bc rn I only have grocery size. Will they dry faster with only a few like this?
I took some buds out that have been drying since Friday night just to try, they look and smell so good, can’t wait to try!

Sandia Sangría

Future

Hood Candyz
Hahaha, I found my novel that I thought I lost, I actually posted to a whole other thread here on 420 lmao
Omg :rofl:

Sandia Sangría

Future

Hood Candyz
Looks good :)

just checked The humidity and temp and it was at 65h and 35%f
Ideally you want to start out with a temp of 40-45F , and 45-50% RH. This would be from a fridge that is either empty or doesn't have a lot of stuff going in and out causing fluctuations.
When the bags are put in the fridge you can expect your RH to spike in the 70s, and your temps will start to increase as well which will cycle the compressor on the fridge more frequently.
I don’t have that much in the bag. I need to get some lunch size bags bc rn I only have grocery size. Will they dry faster with only a few like this?
If you have the room in the fridge then you can try the larger bags. Add more product to compensate for the quicker dry. As long as the buds are not squished or packed tightly you should be fine. Just check on them more frequently.

Or, cut the larger bag down to smaller bags. Fold it to the length of a lunch bag and fold over the sides and tape them if you like. now you have a bottom with taped sides with an opening like a lunch bag.

DO NOT let the bags touch the back of the fridge if it is frost free. The design of a frost free fridge keeps the ice from building up, so there is always a thin later of water which goes to a drain pan from the back panel. The bags will get wet and so will your buds.

sup guys, harvesting my 2nd grow soon and wanted to try this method out so i can keep my tent free for the next run.

i'm just gonna put these in some trader joe's bags and lay em on a shelf in my everyday fridge. it's ~40F and 50H in there typically. basically just leave them be and shake a bit every few days, and after 2 weeks that's about it yeah? just wondering if any major updates to the process, it's a big thread lol.

CDLC by Mephisto btw:

also woops maybe wrong thread for this myb

P1000341.JPG

P1000337.JPG

P1000331.JPG

Back
Top Bottom