No, it wont hurt at all. I think I will try it though on one of my upcoming grows. I have to see for myself. Curiosity gets the best of me more often than not.

So I am going to try and debunk this myself with these critical ladies. They are the same genotype since they came from the same mother so they are identical. When they are ready for harvest I will be placing one into total darkness for 48hrs the other I will chop right away. This should give me a good idea of wether this dark period actually changes anything. Both these plants have been treated and grown the same way in the same environment so the only difference would be the dark period! I’m interested to see if it indeed makes a difference or if it’s just adding 2 days to your harvest

209 wet ounces,
uhh, grams ;)
Awesome harvest so far sauga they look like some chunky frosty buds! How do you rate them on density? I’m excited for your smoke report!! Great stuff
Very dense Dutch. Squeeze em all you want and they just feel good all around.
I'm not sure about the smoke report... maybe it'll be better than my last which was one line. I got high!

So most of the big colas were ready. Just starting to turn amber and lots of cloud. You'll see in the pics below what's left of her which was mostly the lower stuff.

So, since it all goes into paper bags I had to weigh each one for approx. 28 grams. I know wet numbers don't matter, but four every four bags should be one ounce once dried. There were 7 lunch bags that went into the bar fridge which did the slow n dry for the WW last grow. Worked out great btw.

209 wet ounces, and the biggest cola came in at 32.3g followed by 30.1. This was the first plant to get ready and who's growth was stunted from transplant into FFOF.

This last pic is of the next girl who looks like she'll be ready for chop chop soon too. Another week I would imagine.

Still looking for a sign off. Over and out!
Wow, those are some great looking nugs Mr. S! Great job :thumb:
How do they sign off the big chess matches? Check mate. That’s the way the queen topples.

Wow, those are some great looking nugs Mr. S! Great job :thumb:
How do they sign off the big chess matches? Check mate. That’s the way the queen topples.
Thanks HH for the kind words!

I'm not sure about signing off on the big chess matches. I really don't like chess, but I do love your way of putting it. :)

I'm thinking... keep'em fat or pass it left, but I'm not sure if it's me. I'm leaning towards the first.

Both these plants have been treated and grown the same way in the same environment so the only difference would be the dark period! I’m interested to see if it indeed makes a difference or if it’s just adding 2 days to your harvest
Sweet Dutch... I'll keep my eyes open for the updates :thumb:

Ehhh Sauga! Quick question for you. When you did the low and slow method with the brown paper bags in the fridge I know you mentioned roughly 28g per bag dried but how much do you place in the bags going into the fridge? Half way full? Also do you stand them up or keep them flat to keep the most surface area available!

I want to try the low and slow with my CCa.

Ehhh Sauga! Quick question for you. When you did the low and slow method with the brown paper bags in the fridge I know you mentioned roughly 28g per bag dried but how much do you place in the bags going into the fridge? Half way full? Also do you stand them up or keep them flat to keep the most surface area available!

I think Sauga meant you put 28g wet into a bag then when they are dry 4 of those bags should weigh about 28g. At least that's what I thought he meant. I'm going to try it on a few of mine this time. My last harvest was at Christmas so the fridge was full of leftovers and mangled carcasses :)

Professor is right, 28 grams(ish) wet. So some are 29, some were 30. I didn't break the buds apart to make exactly 28. I just shuffled buds around to find the closest.
Always lay them down. I copied Sue's method and pasted it to a txt doc. Here's that doc. It contains the original and her changes that someone else pointed out. It's all copied stuff.

Basic points:
  • Paper bags will help speed the process by about a week.
  • You’ll get better than 25% back, so loading the bags at 28 grams wet means every four bags’ll bring you very close to an ounce dry.
  • 28 grams to a lunch bag is a good volume for smooth drying.
  • Save most trimming for later to retain even more terpenes. I only take off fans.
  • Laying the bags on their side increases surface area facilitating the drying process.

I wash the buds and hang dry for 4 hours and then trim the buds into the bags.

After three days open the bags, reach in and gently bounce the buds apart. Close up and put them back in place.

Do this again at least one more time, about 3 days later. After that you can forget about them.

In two weeks I pull them and finish drying with rice balls to 62-65%. Then into a jar with a Boveda.

NEW
____

The process is a simple one. You want humidity levels at around 45-50% and temperatures at 40-45 degrees F.

* Harvest and wash buds, if that's your inclination. I will tell you, that washing the buds will fascilitate a more even and faster dry. Most of us let the branches hang to dry for around 4 hours. This is completely arbitrary. You're going to dry them nonetheless.

* Trim the buds from the branches small enough that they won't take forever to dry. It'll take a round or two to find your personal sweet spot, but everyone has their own comfort zone.

* Place the buds in jars that'll be gently tumbled daily or every three days, or into paper bags. In either case keep in mind that you're trying to create maximum surface area, so avoid overloading the storage container.

* Occasionally tumble, seperate, or do whatever floats your boat to keep the buds from forming a big, sticky ball. I find that I have great luck with the bags if about every three days I stick a hand in and move things around.

* Once a week let the buds air dry in a room with reasonable humidity to help drop the levels a little faster. I usually don't start doing this until the second week. Larger buds can take up to three weeks to get down to below 70% humidity, but in bags, most material is ready to work the rest of the humidity out in jars, and the cure begins at the two-week mark. I use rice to help with this.

* When you have them stable in the jars, begin curing as per your favorite method.

I should note that she skipped the step where you take them out of the bags after a week and put them in a sealed jar for a few hours with a hygrometer to check the process.

I think Sauga meant you put 28g wet into a bag then when they are dry 4 of those bags should weigh about 28g. At least that's what I thought he meant.
:thumb:

Professor is right, 28 grams(ish) wet. So some are 29, some were 30. I didn't break the buds apart to make exactly 28. I just shuffled buds around to find the closest.
Always lay them down. I copied Sue's method and pasted it to a txt doc. Here's that doc. It contains the original and her changes that someone else pointed out. It's all copied stuff.

Basic points:

• Paper bags will help speed the process by about a week.

• You’ll get better than 25% back, so loading the bags at 28 grams wet means every four bags’ll bring you very close to an ounce dry.

• 28 grams to a lunch bag is a good volume for smooth drying.

• Save most trimming for later to retain even more terpenes. I only take off fans.

• Laying the bags on their side increases surface area facilitating the drying process.
I wash the buds and hang dry for 4 hours and then trim the buds into the bags.

After three days open the bags, reach in and gently bounce the buds apart. Close up and put them back in place.

Do this again at least one more time, about 3 days later. After that you can forget about them.

In two weeks I pull them and finish drying with rice balls to 62-65%. Then into a jar with a Boveda.

NEW
____

The process is a simple one. You want humidity levels at around 45-50% and temperatures at 40-45 degrees F.

* Harvest and wash buds, if that's your inclination. I will tell you, that washing the buds will fascilitate a more even and faster dry. Most of us let the branches hang to dry for around 4 hours. This is completely arbitrary. You're going to dry them nonetheless.

* Trim the buds from the branches small enough that they won't take forever to dry. It'll take a round or two to find your personal sweet spot, but everyone has their own comfort zone.

* Place the buds in jars that'll be gently tumbled daily or every three days, or into paper bags. In either case keep in mind that you're trying to create maximum surface area, so avoid overloading the storage container.

* Occasionally tumble, seperate, or do whatever floats your boat to keep the buds from forming a big, sticky ball. I find that I have great luck with the bags if about every three days I stick a hand in and move things around.

* Once a week let the buds air dry in a room with reasonable humidity to help drop the levels a little faster. I usually don't start doing this until the second week. Larger buds can take up to three weeks to get down to below 70% humidity, but in bags, most material is ready to work the rest of the humidity out in jars, and the cure begins at the two-week mark. I use rice to help with this.

* When you have them stable in the jars, begin curing as per your favorite method.

I should note that she skipped the step where you take them out of the bags after a week and put them in a sealed jar for a few hours with a hygrometer to check the process.

:thumb:

Thanks brothers!!

So most of the big colas were ready. Just starting to turn amber and lots of cloud. You'll see in the pics below what's left of her which was mostly the lower stuff.

So, since it all goes into paper bags I had to weigh each one for approx. 28 grams. I know wet numbers don't matter, but four every four bags should be one ounce once dried. There were 7 lunch bags that went into the bar fridge which did the slow n dry for the WW last grow. Worked out great btw.

209 wet ounces, and the biggest cola came in at 32.3g followed by 30.1. This was the first plant to get ready and who's growth was stunted from transplant into FFOF.

This last pic is of the next girl who looks like she'll be ready for chop chop soon too. Another week I would imagine.

Still looking for a sign off. Over and out!

Hey Suaga. Those are nice big crystally looking buds! Congrats on your harvest. Very impressive. I find your grow encouraging that I can do a lot better in the future. Keep setting that bar..... high…. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom