The biggest plant is almost at week one, where it will sit out for a day. Today I'm gonna air them out again quickly because they were so fat. The smells are starting to come out now, but I have no idea what it smells like. Just awesome!
My fridge runs at 48F, and the RH goes from 45-60% depending if it's cycling or not.

So far so good. It really tests your patience HH!

OK, the last of the Pineys coming down tonight. Lots of white pistils, lots of yellow leaves, but no ambers anywhere to be seen. She probably could have come down a few days ago, but I waited to see if the pistils change. No change, and I don't think she will. Preston had one go over 100 days if I recall and mine is no different.

Back in a whiile!

Hey everybody... almost done with the chop chop of grow #2
:party:I love these guys.

Not nearly as many colas, partly because my training that go around sucked. However, in the pics you will see my four big colas, and lots of large size buds. There are about 10-15 more of those on the plant so all in all it's not bad. The quality looks great, and although you can't see a lot of trichs on the buds in the pics, they are sticky and stinky.

The very last pic is for @Heavenly Hybrid showing exactly one week in the fridge. Tossed twiced during that week. Still moist, so tomorrow when I get home from work I'll let them sit out for a few hours and back in the fridge.

:Rasta:

I’m so overwhelmed by your giant buds, i completely forgot the reason I came here. I wanted to ask you if you have a link for the bag drying method you’re using? I thought it was Dr.ziggy’s but it seems like that uses jars?

Hi Sister HH @InTheShed always knows the correct page to start. I bookmarked it here from a while ago but it talks about the jars too, so not the correct spot.

However, I did cut and copy to a text file and this is all of it for the most part:

START TEXT
Low and Slo: In The Bag

Basic points:
  • Paper bags will help speed the process by about a week.
  • You’ll get better than 25% back, so loading the bags at 28 grams wet means every four bags’ll bring you very close to an ounce dry.
  • 28 grams to a lunch bag is a good volume for smooth drying.
  • Save most trimming for later to retain even more terpenes. I only take off fans.
  • Laying the bags on their side increases surface area facilitating the drying process.

I wash the buds and hang dry for 4 hours and then trim the buds into the bags.

After three days open the bags, reach in and gently bounce the buds apart. Close up and put them back in place.

Do this again at least one more time, about 3 days later. After that you can forget about them.

In two weeks I pull them and finish drying with rice balls to 62-65%. Then into a jar with a Boveda.

NEW
____

The process is a simple one. You want humidity levels at around 45-50% and temperatures at 40-45 degrees F.

* Harvest and wash buds, if that's your inclination. I will tell you, that washing the buds will fascilitate a more even and faster dry. Most of us let the branches hang to dry for around 4 hours. This is completely arbitrary. You're going to dry them nonetheless.

* Trim the buds from the branches small enough that they won't take forever to dry. It'll take a round or two to find your personal sweet spot, but everyone has their own comfort zone.

* Place the buds in jars that'll be gently tumbled daily or every three days, or into paper bags. In either case keep in mind that you're trying to create maximum surface area, so avoid overloading the storage container.

* Occasionally tumble, seperate, or do whatever floats your boat to keep the buds from forming a big, sticky ball. I find that I have great luck with the bags if about every three days I stick a hand in and move things around.

* Once a week let the buds air dry in a room with reasonable humidity to help drop the levels a little faster. I usually don't start doing this until the second week. Larger buds can take up to three weeks to get down to below 70% humidity, but in bags, most material is ready to work the rest of the humidity out in jars, and the cure begins at the two-week mark. I use rice to help with this.

* When you have them stable in the jars, begin curing as per your favorite method.

I should note that she skipped the step where you take them out of the bags after a week and put them in a sealed jar for a few hours with a hygrometer to check the process.

END TEXT

Hopefully that helps!
Thanks for your kind words HH. Have a great day!

Excellent MrS. I'm going to bookmark this one for the future!
:thumb:
I did too! Thanks @MrSauga and thanks for the great summary. I knew I had read some of this before, back when I first joined 420, but didn’t know where to find it again. :high-five: Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom