Saving Private Skyan

Thanks, you both give me more hope and I appreciate the encouragement :thanks:

Mr. Squirryl showed up yesterday with a bottle of Revive from AN in one paw and a bottle of B-52 in the other!

He told me to stop trying to kill Skyan and get my act together :scratchinghead: He gave me a box of goodies to throw at her.

I tried to explain that the greenhouse is acting like a giant humidity dome, but he wasn't having any of it...

IMG_59559.jpg

I gave Skyan a little mix of B-52 and Revive along with Alg-A-Mic, late last night when I took her in after dark.

IMG_59517.jpg

She is not spending the night in the greenhouse yet, she has a window shelf in the shed for now.

IMG_59426.jpg

It's nice and tropical in the greenhouse during the day, but cold and damp at night.

IMG_593710.jpg

Mayday update, Skyan seems to have picked up some little hangers on. They were in the previous update as well, but they are too tiny to see clearly, little white streaks. Like mini-thrips...I'm sure they have a name...They look like little soil critters in the wrong place...They rub off, but are too tiny to really touch. I have been spraying her with Revive and B-52.

IMG_597411.jpg

These are from the 27th of April, after I repotted her again and brought her inside.

IMG_59786.jpg

Lighting is on 24 hrs, apart from an hour or so after she has been sprayed.

IMG_59926.jpg

Congrats.

Recovery blows, 4 weeks gone by like nothing. I'm glad for you that the worst is over and you came out prevailing.

Time for 12/12?

Nah... but I'm subbed for when you do put her to bloom

V:bongrip:

Thanks Vlad :thanks: Unfortunately, the 2nd of May was her last "good" day.

She went downhill after that, here on the 3rd, after I cut her crumbling top off:

IMG_61347.jpg

This half was still OK, but deteriorated further over the next days, in spite of my spraying efforts.

IMG_613710.jpg

Yesterday, on the 6th of May, I gave up when I saw her like this:

IMG_61397.jpg

She had grown roots, but then something killed her. Maybe the bugs, maybe the fancy nutrients. No idea.

IMG_614210.jpg

Maybe she was already gone by then, her apical meristems had been growing out crisply.

IMG_614410.jpg

In any case, :rip: Skyan.

Sorry I couldn't save you :love:

:passitleft: Thanks Frenchy & Vlad :bongrip: I agree with you on the rapid rooters, I just tried the Root It versions and had 4 Jack Herer seedling pop and root without any soaking or issues. Never had much luck with coco at all.

:bitingnails: :passitleft: My experience with rockwool hasn't been good at all so far. they seem to make a lot of sense for clones more so than seedlings, but still they seem to always produce/allow only small roots through. I'd like the rapid rooters they help baby the babies.

You did all you could Rico, it wasn't meant to be I guess... I'm afraid my few clones only have a few days left before they will completly. Is not easy being green as one Kermit would say. Thanks for the attempted resurrection, it was a very exciting and suspenseful journal. Till next time...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom