Saving trimmings

SpaceGhost

I started growing after the 1st of the year and I've been saving some of my trimmings and freezing them, the ones that are from harvest time. got a good size garbage bag.
What all can I do with these frozen trimmings? I was thinking about making ice hash, maybe even dry ice hash. Can I? Without having to dry them out. Would I be able to make butter out of the scraps from the ice hash left overs? I think butter would be possible. I would like to get the most out of my trimmings that I can.

Can I make other stuff out of my vegetation defoliation's and trimmings? is any of it good for making butter or hash of some kind.

Whats the best way for me to save my trimmings, dry them, frozen? What has to be dried for what processes and which can use frozen trimmings?

Any help would be appreciated :peace:

150 views and no replies.

Come on brothers and sisters.

What ya do with your frozen trims? Any1 else freeze theirs?

Any1 save their vegetative defoliation's? If so what ya make out of it?

Do you dry it out right away? If so how do you go about drying your trim/scrap/defoliation? Would one of the drying racks work best or what?

:peace:

You don't mention where you are or if you're legally growing, but nothing good can come of leaving your trimmings lying around. If you're illegal, then it'll count as weight in terms of bust. If you're growing MMJ, it'll count towards your combined substance weight if they ever come around to "audit" you.

Your possibilities are open, limited only by the equipment you have available:
* Got some medical-grade butane, a tube, and vacuum pump handy? BHO (Butane Honey Oil) will rip your head off. Of course, this requires an oil rig to smoke as well...
* If you haven't already, get yourself some bubble bags to make some hash. My personal fave extract. Some people like it straight, I prefer if on "a bed of lettuce"
* Water cure it and make some butter. Some peeps don't bother with the water cure, but I prefer to 86 the chlorophyll and other water-soluble funk before eating it.

Good luck

You don't mention where you are or if you're legally growing, but nothing good can come of leaving your trimmings lying around. If you're illegal, then it'll count as weight in terms of bust. If you're growing MMJ, it'll count towards your combined substance weight if they ever come around to "audit" you.

* Got some medical-grade butane, a tube, and vacuum pump handy? BHO (Butane Honey Oil) will rip your head off. Of course, this requires an oil rig to smoke as well...
* If you haven't already, get yourself some bubble bags to make some hash. My personal fave extract. Some people like it straight, I prefer if on "a bed of lettuce"
* Water cure it and make some butter. Some peeps don't bother with the water cure, but I prefer to 86 the chlorophyll and other water-soluble funk before eating it.

Good luck

Ty
your advise as far as weight is worth gold.

I bought some bubble bags this weekend 5 bag kit and made Ice hash out of my frozen trim. I also bought a hash pipe "I got my Hash Pipe" with a glass rod and a pollen press. the Northern Lights bubble hash came out real nice. Whata buzz. smooth
I made some butter out my veg trim and with that made some molasses cookies, nice buzz, that with the hash my pain is all gone 4 now.
I am making butter out of the scraps from the ice hash to see how that goes.
I also bought some 5x butane and the fixins to build a bho tube. 1" 1/4 pipe and 2 ends I drilled drain holes and 1 inlet for the butane. I also picked up some steel wool for a filter. guess I'll have to dry some trim out, its so convenient just to throw the scraps in my freezer in right there in my grow room.
I think a drying rack would work nice. What I use for hanging and drying my buds right now does not work for trim

I'll post a pic of my hashish when it drys a little more. Any tips on what to do with it now? Other than smoke the shit outa this stuff :bongrip:

Hey SG,

The butane method just scares me.

I just dried out 300g of trim and shake that was in the freezer. I just let it dry in a open paper bag. tossing it every few hours.

I'm about to make 200g of it into dry ice hash and 100g of it into butter.

Hope that helps.

Good luck
why does it matter if he's legal or not? meaning if he aint legal your not helping him? lol smells like a cop...

Hey SG,

The butane method just scares me.

I just dried out 300g of trim and shake that was in the freezer. I just let it dry in a open paper bag. tossing it every few hours.

I'm about to make 200g of it into dry ice hash and 100g of it into butter.

Hope that helps.

I watched a couple youtube videos on the BHO and think it can be done safely. You can use hot tap water to boil off the initial Butane and then switch to a hot plate when it's less volatile. No need for open flames of any kind do in a well ventilated area,
I'd post pics of my home made BHO extractor but I'm afraid I might have the FEDs knocking on my door. You will all have to just picture it in your minds 4 now.

Thanx for the tip on drying my trim after it comes out of the freezer, I was thinking of buying a drying rack

why does it matter if he's legal or not? meaning if he aint legal your not helping him? lol smells like a cop...

He was just saying if it is an illegal grow, and if you do get caught, every gram of material counts as weight. It doesn't matter if it's buds, leaf, or even stems and roots. They toss it all in a pile and look at it all the same.

Same thing with a legal grow. If your state has an oz limit, once it's off the plant and in storage, it all goes on the scales.

Basically, if you don't plan on smoking it or destroying it, make it in to hash and reduce the chances of getting boned by the law.

"Ask not for who the bone bones,
for it bones thee"
~Bender

Hi all!

#1 NEVER even mention the word illegal on here please. Bad f'ing karma, and why even ask that question?

#2 That butane method is flat out dangerous unless you have a lab in your home.

Back to the OP. Personally I save all the close trimmings not the fan leaves. I use a big mason jar and some fine wire mesh from a craft supply store. Cut a piece of mesh bigger than the top opening of the mason jar and only use the threaded ring of the jar to secure the screen on top. I fill it with trimming and a dime and shake away! Makes for awesome blonde keef to smoke alone or a bowl topper.

Butter would always be good as well!

Back
Top Bottom