SBG's First Grow Cabinet Under CFLs (Wish Me Luck)

No problem I will be around if you need more help tips or just to look at your pics.

No problem, I'm glad to hear that by sharing my project I'm helping out others. you'll see once you get it running it will go faster than what you think, it's happening to me growing more than what I can handle and topping every week.

p.s. additional LEDS would give that extra boost. Amazon have some at affordable price, I just picked up 2/ 12w for $16 each.

I had a look a your Cabinet the other night the lights look great. Just wondering if that was a rollup blind you used for separating the light between the to chambers?

roll up blind, got it at the home depot cut to size for around 25 bucks.

Side Bar :- This whole cabinet thing started because my deck plants this year were just about a complete flop except for these two plants.
one looks somewhat normal, just trimming her up before she starts to flower. and the other one was the runt of the litter ( of course it was the runt that survived) not my Buddha's delight. so I thought I would try my hand at LST on her.
The big dark tree in the background is a 40 foot tall eucalyptus tree which shades the whole backyard and gives us tons of privacy but no shade on the deck

some what normal plant
MG_05801.jpg

and my LST runt ( my wife doesn't like me talking that way to them)
MG_0581.jpg

Just comparing mine to some of the other growers on here. Haven't smoked anything, yet. Off to go see a soccer match Glasgow rangers vs a local team should be loads of goals.

If you are worried about privacy you should top the plant. Not now at all but keep in mind if you rather have a short and wider plant vs a taller then your fence plant.

Thanks SmokerJoe. our deck is amazingly private with no neighbors able to see our deck and she (the tall one) was just topped the other day. In previous years I have let them just grow and a wee bit of paranoia sets in as we got to late August. I think all growers should have a little paranoia to stay safe. Also most of my neighbors either smoke or it doesn't bother them.

Thanks SmokerJoe. our deck is amazingly private with no neighbors able to see our deck and she (the tall one) was just topped the other day. In previous years I have let them just grow and a wee bit of paranoia sets in as we got to late August. I think all growers should have a little paranoia to stay safe. Also most of my neighbors either smoke or it doesn't bother them.

Well then you are incredibly lucky where as I live in a building where a old lady throws a fit because of a dog that was approved for one of the other neighbors to have by the apartment management.

So believe me paranoia is pretty high on my list. Im looking through the peep hole pretty often

looking good man , i have been dealing with some heat issues in my first grow that i hopefully addressed this morning , I cannot wait to get home and check my temps

Cautious, yes. Paranoia no.

I think paranoia leads to irrational behavior, which leads to someone getting caught.

Hey it isnt my fault. My gf keeps saying she hears people in the hall talking or mentioning it smells like smoke. Yeah a few times the neighbors across the hall stall at their door looking at ours when I look through the peephole as if somehow they know im there looking.Sometimes people spray air freshener in the hall but I think its just to get rid of smelly odors in general in a apartment all those various food smells and im nice to all the neighbors even the ones who dont deserve it.

Cautious, yes. Paranoia no.

I think paranoia leads to irrational behavior, which leads to someone getting caught.

I agree with that, shall we say a cautious paranoia then.

Temp update. turned off the lower section of the Cabinet since everyone is in the same stage at this moment. Temps are down to 25c/77f
I think all the girls are looking a little happier.
MG_05821.jpg

Question for you Cabinet growers. when did you start LST on your plants and at what point did you switch to flowering.How much more height do they get when they start to flower. I've always grown outside and height has not been that big of a deal (somewhat).

Back
Top Bottom