SBG's Life In A Box - The Ongoing Saga of Producing Bud in a Box

Question for you all out there.

The mighty Vscrog seems to have two layers to it, the buds that rise above the screen and those that are at screen level. I was thinking of harvesting the buds (when ready) that rise above the screen and leaving the ones at screen level to grow and mature further. Any thoughts on this.

I was watching a Jorge Cervantes video on Humbolt growers and he chops the first layer and lets the light penetrate and lets the lower bud sites develop further. He did this with outdoor plants and up to four times on each plant.

Could this work on such a small space?

Definitely yes. This will work in your space. I have certainly observed buds of mine being at varied levels of readiness and I'm working with less space than you.. Selective harvesting can be tricky...to me if you have a plant that is on the edge of being over stressed - chopping half of it and letting the rest go is not a sure fire way to make sure the rest gets time to mature. The plant may be too stressed trying to heal itself that you ruin the rest of the crop. But in theory it works. If you are going to do selective harvesting I would only cut a couple flowers at a time. Let it rest almost a week. Repeat.

I'm not an expert obviously, but I am both an advocate for selective harvesting and also a proponent of feeling out what the plants are comfortable with. Selective harvesting is one way towards a consistent harvest, but not a method which can be used at every turn I would imagine.

edit: sorry I am whisky rambling

Whisky... eh. I prefer a good single malt scotch maybe Oban.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking of taking some of the bigger buds first to let more light in and see how it goes

TTFN

Well this has been a fun trip and along the way I have met alot of nice people and some very good teachers.

But the one thing I did learn along the way is that I am not a journal person I have tried a few journals along the way but I gotta say it's not for me

So as the famous pig once said

Th Th Th That's all Folks

I hope you all have a nice life, fun filled with no suffering.

Go in Peace.

SBG

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now) one of my Dads old saying and the reply DDYD (Don't Drop Your Drawers (pants))

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Well this has been a fun trip and along the way I have met alot of nice people and some very good teachers.

But the one thing I did learn along the way is that I am not a journal person I have tried a few journals along the way but I gotta say it's not for me

So as the famous pig once said

Th Th Th That's all Folks

I hope you all have a nice life, fun filled with no suffering.

Go in Peace.

SBG

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now) one of my Dads old saying and the reply DDYD (Don't Drop Your Drawers (pants))

Oh man not another one.

See you in another life man :)

Just leaving the journal I am still going to be following all of you and putting my two cents worth in here and there.

Back
Top Bottom