Scarfinger68 - Aurora Indica - Soil - 600W Dimmable HPS - Indoor Closet Grow

A nice smell to wake up to in the morning. well done man!

Thanks Vlad. They are definitely starting to get some smell to them now. So far my system has negative pressure so the smell hasn't made it outside the grow room. :) But it smells very nice when I open up the grow room door.

Real nice Man I was wondering if your HPS is speeding up flowering for the AI along with those bigger buds growing from it..
Bigger plants may take a little longer tho :thumb:

I don't think it will decrease flowering time overall. But it has definitely produced more buds/bigger buds in the same time frame.

Nice buds. I run quantum too how you like yours

So far so good. I was looking for a dimmable ballast and chose this one. No complaints.

Me neither I actually brought home two different types at the same. The other even had a turbo feature and was visibly dimmer than the Quantum. Had to exchange it after seeing that.

Me neither I actually brought home two different types at the same. The other even had a turbo feature and was visibly dimmer than the Quantum. Had to exchange it after seeing that.

Ahh... I was considering a Solis Tek. Can't remember exactly why I went with Quantum. Maybe price and I think they have been around for a while.

Thanks for the info

7/03 (F day 45) Aurora Indica

7/01 (F day 42) Plain water (some heat stress noted) Temps got up to 97°F. Wife turned off the AC upstairs. Doh!
7/03 (F day 45) Watered with 1.5 tsp/gal Big Bloom, 1 tsp/gal Grow Big, 2 tsp/gal Tiger Bloom, 0.5 tsp/gal Cal/Mag, 0.5 tsp/gal Pro TeKt, 1 drop of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses, 1 tbs. Tomato Thrive

Temps currently running 88°F. Everything is status quo. Not much change since last update:

group
P10103254.JPG

with flash
P10103264.JPG

no flash
P10103273.JPG

Keep it green :peace:

I posted this on Roaches page

Hey Roach... Just stopped in to bug you Bug?

My AI are starting to foxtail some. Starting to put on a little weight too.

You seem so Organic. I tried a TEA... topped off with an Organic? Tea (tbsp. plant tone, tbsp. bone meal, tbsp. kelp, splash tomato thrive, 3 drops blackstrap molasses, 1 splash fish fertilizer) percolated for almost 24 hours. PH was 8 ish. PH'd down to 6.5 ish.

Ehhh? Well. I don't know... It is a tea of some kind

I will try and put some pics up tomorrow...

TheRoach's First - Soil - Aurora Indica - Organic Grow - 600W

Things are looking good... As above I tried a TEA. Got some Organic Soil cooking. Will try some organic style stuff next grow. Probably won't be 100% organic. I am not to sure about this tea stuff and percolating and such...

I love foxtailing... To me it means things are going good and the plant is healthy. It may not make the prettiest buds... But I always consider it a good thing.

Pics tomorrow... Later

Sorry for taking so long to answer. Had unexpected guests come over and stay for the last 6 days. I havent tried adding most of the things you used in your tea, besides something similar to molasses. Did you aerate this tea? I usually make my teas with worm castings, so aerating is necessary.
I have never minded foxtailing myself, more bud is more bud.
Hope all is well my friend!
reps+

Sorry for taking so long to answer. Had unexpected guests come over and stay for the last 6 days. I havent tried adding most of the things you used in your tea, besides something similar to molasses. Did you aerate this tea? I usually make my teas with worm castings, so aerating is necessary.
I have never minded foxtailing myself, more bud is more bud.
Hope all is well my friend!
reps+

Aerated with fish pump and air stones.

Pictures on the way...

7/07 (F day 49) Water

7/09 (F day 51) Watered with 2 tsp/gal Big Bloom, 1 tsp/gal Grow Big, 1 tsp/gal Tiger Bloom. Also topped off with an Organic? Tea (plant tone, bone meal, kelp, tomato thrive, blackstrap molasses, fish fertilizer) percolated for almost 24 hours

7/11 (F day 53) Topped off with the TEA, growth may be slowing down slightly. They didn’t seem as dry before the watering today.

Top view:
P10103284.JPG

Group:
P10103296.JPG

The line up:
P10103324.JPG

Some individuals:

Decent cola:
P10103334.JPG

P10103392.JPG

P10103384.JPG

P10103345.JPG

Foxtailing: Individual spires of calyxes pushing out from the main cola
P10103306.JPG

Late flower banana: see sig for details. Only one plant has these.
P10103421.JPG

Mostly cloudy currently. The plant with the bananas has a lot of 1/2 cloudy, 1/2 ambers

Harvest planned on day 60.

excellent work bro!
been away and just went through most of your thread
a winter grow should be fabulous

take care and good luck

P.S. i bet it's good weed

excellent work bro!
been away and just went through most of your thread
a winter grow should be fabulous

take care and good luck

P.S. i bet it's good weed

Temps would probably be spot on in the winter.

Thanks and be safe.

Hello Scar,

I have to begin with a huge thank you:thanks: for the journals you have written. They have been an entertaining and enlightening experience to read.

I was wondering of you had maybe tried to measure and compare the light output of your CFL setup and your current one. I would think that the HPS would be higher but by how much?

7/18 (F day 60) Plain water for last 7 days. Harvest day today. Mainly cloudy trichomes. A few amber.

Tried the bud washing. Skipped the peroxide step. Only did 3 buckets for Baking powder/lemon juice, water, water. My buckets came out very clean. Probably because I didn't do many foiler sprays and I defoliated.

Pictures:

Buckets:
P10103441.JPG

Group:
P10103461.JPG

Line up:
P10103534.JPG

Individuals:
P10103524.JPG

P10103511.JPG

P10103504.JPG

P10103493.JPG

P10103483.JPG

Hanging: 72°F @57% RH
P10103544.JPG

This is where I have always had a problem. Usually they dry to fast and sometimes I get a grassy taste.

But... I have the room temps under control this time. :wood: So, I should get a nice slow controlled dry. Hoping for 5 to 7 days before jarring.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom