Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

like what? is it the skunkyness?

I am not as good as describing smells like you b.real

But, usually when my plants are getting late in flower I can start to smell them in the morning a little in the stairwell. To me it is like a good stanky dankness smell, more "musky" with a slight hint of lemon.

I think my Northern Lights had a more heavy smell in flower but it never had much bag appeal smell. My NL always smelt a little green. My ICE had a nice smell in flower but on the lighter side... not very strong. But I really like how the ICE smells ground up. It has a little bit of menthol smell to me. *rambling*

*Just checked them and the leafs are very yellow. They look like I have been flushing for 2 weeks but I haven't. I am going to harvest in the next day or so when I get time.

Aurora Indica harvest day 58 of Flower:

Mainly cloudy trichomes with just a few ambers and a few clear. I would of liked to wait another 5 days or so to get a few more amber trichomes but the plant was yellowing like a final flush and I will be out of town for a week starting Sunday night. The pistols were not as brown as my other ICE and NL plants. The buds did foxtail some. I bet if I could grow these plants out bigger they would produce some picture perfect buds. Enough talking: Pictures...

Trim:
P10100494.JPG

Hanging: My room is narrow and long so I couldn't get a great pic of them hanging
P10100524.JPG

P10100534.JPG

Bud shot with lighter:
P10100503.JPG

P10100512.JPG

So... The AI compared to the ICE seemed to be leafier. The buds are compact but less compact than the ICE buds. The lemony smell continues.

Now I will hang them probably only 3 days. They may tolerate 4 days because the temps are down because of the weather but I won't be in town. After 3 days of hanging I am going to put them in my "dry box" and have my wife open the lid x1 per day and tell me what the humidity levels are. I am guessing they will be just about right after 7 days in the box and ready to be cut off of the stems and put in jars.

The dry box:
P10008512.JPG

P10008521.JPG

:peacetwo:

Nice harvest man! Congrats.

they are pretty. n.l. is always pretty lol.

also I "see" the gooey heavy afghan face on her too.

good stuff nice fat buds

I just know the skunk will show when shes mature enough. the dry and cure should speed it up. crossing my fingers lol

Nice Buds Scar Their gonna scent the area heavier now:) I dont have much control on the smell at this part until I can jar them,for my last chop I cut them from stems to dry faster to put in jars so the family that came for Thanksgiving wouldnt notice,Heres some reps on another fine harvest :peace:

:thumb: Got to be flexible and make modifications sometimes :) I dry mine in the flower room which is exhausted by a 4 inch fan so the smell isn't to bad.

Thanks for the reps.

wow brother that third pic had me drooling, you give a poor old country dude hope
seeing them in the giant tupperware made me look twice lol
they look so much better hanging
gonna miss checking your journal while you are gone
can't wait for the weigh in and your mrs. comparing it to the lights and ice
no offense but she seems to be the better end result tester =)
take care and safe returns on your trip

wow brother that third pic had me drooling, you give a poor old country dude hope
seeing them in the giant tupperware made me look twice lol
they look so much better hanging
gonna miss checking your journal while you are gone
can't wait for the weigh in and your mrs. comparing it to the lights and ice
no offense but she seems to be the better end result tester =)
take care and safe returns on your trip

True she has the final word. Northern Lights was her favorite before I accidently killed it off. Then with the ICE she didn't seem all that excited about it. But now she keeps saying it is good and that the ICE is her go to smoke. I had another person say the NL tasted kind of "grassy" which I contribute to the strain being old and taking multiple clone mothers from it. This same person says the ICE is much better tasting.

I am curious to see what they say/think after smoking this AI.

Later

Ok. I had my wife burp the container and it was almost 80% humidity so then I had her leave off the lid for an hour and it got too dry. So basically it was a 3 day hang and 1 week cure. Currently the humidity in the jar is 43%. I would prefer it to still be in the 60-65% range for a longer cure and then stored at 50 to 55%. I will give them a full 24 hours in the jars to get a more accurate humidity reading but I know it isn't coming up much higher than 43%.

Finished product weighed in at 2.5 ounces. My wife says it taste good. "Taste like good weed" she says. I think it has a stronger taste than the ICE myself. I can't really describe it. Hits heavy in the body and not much in the head. I definitely felt it in my legs and arms. My wife says it is as good as the ICE but taste better.

It looks a nice green color but minimal color in the hairs. I like the way the ICE looks with red hairs but I think the Aurora smells stronger with a continued lemon zest overtone.

P10100716.JPG

Well that is pretty much it for now unless you have questions.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom