Schag Seed Grow: Mystery Genetics, DWC, 400 Watt HPS

Kamehameha

Welcome to my Mystery Schag Seed Grow

Stumbled upon some seeds I found in some schag weed. I thought, why not grow these babies out and see what kind of dank bud I will end up with. The weed I found these seeds in wasn't terrible smoke but it was in bad quality shape. It was bricked, possibly frozen and mishandled to the point where trichomes were no longer visible on the actual weed. But it wasn't the worst smoke.

I have 4 seeds that could grow into beautiful females, males or hermaphrodites. They could be Hybrids or Landrace Sativas. This will be a great journey to discover what a Schag seed can really do!

Day Zero
SCHAG_7.jpg

SCHAG_6.jpg

SCHAG_1.jpg

SCHAG1.jpg

SCHAG_8.jpg

SCHAG_10.jpg

SCHAG_9.jpg

SCHAG_11.jpg

SCHAG_2.jpg

SCHAG_3.jpg

SCHAG_4.jpg

SCHAG_5.jpg

Thanks GreenProto! I checked out your Blue Dream grow. Those were awesome purple buds. Respect to you.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks GreenProto! I checked out your Blue Dream grow. Those were awesome purple buds. Respect to you.

Thank you, man. Really appreciate it!
I've never seen even a picture with such colors. I'm proud of it, and gave my heart and soul to it. Seriously.
I love your setup! I want an interesting Hydro grow to follow and learn from. About to start my second grow within a month or so. x2 AK-47
Best of luck. Waiting for updates!

GreenProto's Blue Dream First Grow Journal - 2016

I'll hop on board.. I'm a bit disappointed with the seeds I got from a seedbank - I won't call a name but they were GREEN and germ rates are very low. So this looks to be interesting thread!

I plant the seeds of today coz I believe in the harvest of tomorrow!

Wow! That cola is monstrous. Now I'm pumped to see what mine will do.

Thank you. This is my first grow too. You never know what you'll get. Bagseeds are just freebies to me :) Nothing better than a freebie. Look at how frosty they are too. Im enjoying the surprise.
420-magazine-mobile648392173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1085166838.jpg

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Welcome to my Mystery Schag Seed Grow

Stumbled upon some seeds I found in some schag weed. I thought, why not grow these babies out and see what kind of dank bud I will end up with. The weed I found these seeds in wasn't terrible smoke but it was in bad quality shape. It was bricked, possibly frozen and mishandled to the point where trichomes were no longer visible on the actual weed. But it wasn't the worst smoke.

I have 4 seeds that could grow into beautiful females, males or hermaphrodites. They could be Hybrids or Landrace Sativas. This will be a great journey to discover what a Schag seed can really do!

Day Zero
SCHAG_7.jpg

SCHAG_6.jpg

SCHAG_1.jpg

SCHAG1.jpg

SCHAG_8.jpg

SCHAG_10.jpg

SCHAG_9.jpg

SCHAG_11.jpg

SCHAG_2.jpg

SCHAG_3.jpg

SCHAG_4.jpg

SCHAG_5.jpg
Subbed up as well I have some bagseed going as well.

"carpe diem"

Vegetative Stage: Day 14

Sorry its been awhile since I last updated. We are down to 3 plants now. One plant didn't make the cut, she was deformed and growing a lot slower than the others. But the remaining 3 are vigorous in their growth.
Plant # 1 : Very Tall: Sativa like
Plant # 2 : Broader Leaves could indicate a Hybrid
Plant # 3 : Same as Plant # 2

schag-_veg_day_14.jpg

Vegetative Stage: Day 14

Sorry its been awhile since I last updated. We are down to 3 plants now. One plant didn't make the cut, she was deformed and growing a lot slower than the others. But the remaining 3 are vigorous in their growth.
Plant # 1 : Very Tall: Sativa like
Plant # 2 : Broader Leaves could indicate a Hybrid
Plant # 3 : Same as Plant # 2

schag-_veg_day_14.jpg
Looking good boss . I'm subbing up. Curious to see what some flat brick weed can do

Day 28...I think...

Wats up guys?

I'm back for another update. The schags shine a vibrant green under the metal halide. They're definitely leaning towards sativa genetics, especially the tallest of the 3. They are growing fast in the dwc buckets. The plants definitely agree with hydroponics.

I remember someone mentioned they were knew to hydro and looking for a journal to teach them the basics of hydroponics. Here are a few tips that will help guide you through your hydro journey...and it is a journey my friend!

1. It's all about temps: keep your water temps in your dwc reservoir at or below 68 F. Some people push it as high as 72 F but I don't like to gamble with my plants.

2. Every plant is different but most plants I've grown in hydro require very little nutritions. 50% of the recommended nutrition dosage is all thats required for most plants. Thats in the max range of 800-900 ppms for a medium to large plant. I gave a full-strength nutrition dosage of FOX FARM GROW BIG (1500 ppms) to a mother plant and she instantly died. Root Rot and everything! Tread carefully when it comes to feeding nutes.

3. Keep light out of your reservoir. I cover my dwc buckets with a thick layer of reflective material. It keeps light out of my reservoir and stops algae from growing. Algae isn't dangerous to your plants but it does look gross and covers your roots in rusty looking brown slime.

I have the PH set at 5.5
Water Temps between 65 F - 68 F
PPM's are sitting low at 200 parts per million

Q-schag-_day_21-5.png
Q-schag-_day_21-2.png
Q-schag-_day_21-3.png
Q-schag-_day_21-4.png
Q-schag-_day_21-1.png

Vegetative Day 33

We are down to the final contestants. So far it looks like my #1 - Sativa plant is a female. My #2 - Indica leaning plant is also showing early calyx development that looks like female parts but no pistil hairs yet to confirm sex for sure. The middle plant in the picture below is the "Church" from GreenHouse seed company. I am adding it to this grow as a good benchmark to compare the unknown mystery seeds to. The church is a very stable plant and is about a week older than the other 2 plants. The #3 Schag seed plant got the cut because she was drastically lagging behind the other 2 phenos.

veg_day_31.png

The Church
veg_day_31-3.png

Plant #1
veg_day_31-1.png

Plant #2
veg_day_31-4.png

Plant #3
veg_day_31-2.png

It's Been Awhile...

Flowering Day: 17

One mystery shag seed left! Although she's not such a mystery anymore.

She is definitely sativa dominant.

sativa_007-3.png

sativa_007-1.png
sativa_007-2.png

Flowering Day 26- It's Friday and I think this girl knows it cuz she is starting to swell!
One_Foot-7.png

Since this girl doesnt have a name I have decided to rename her "Big-Foot". Her water Temps are at 65.5 F. PPM's = 600 parts per million. PH = 6.0.

I gotta say I'm really liking how these colas are forming. I've never had a foot long cola before! I also really like how this plant doesnt consume a lot of nutrients. Honestly, anything over 800 ppms burns her! I save a lot on nutrients with this strain.

She grows well in hydro but her roots are constantly under attack by algae. I tried adding my beneficials to the reservoir to combat the algae but it only made it worst. Now, I add a few 3- 4 TBSP of peroxide every week to keep the algae at bay. I also tried adding a bit of diluted molasses to her reservoir but she wasn't haven't it either.

I can't tell if this strain will flower for 8 weeks or 12 weeks. She is definitely sativa dominant which means I should expect a longer flowering time but she seems to be progressing identical to my 8 week strain.

One_Foot-6.png
One_Foot-5.png
One_Foot-4.png
One_Foot-3.png

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom