Schapelle Corby - a life sentence in Indonesia for cannabis smuggling

This shit makes me want to cry. Has the world truely gone mad? It just doesn't make sense. Wasting this poor girl's life for what? A few bags of cannabis? Its a fucking plant!

Wow, I did tear up. Thats f*ckin pathedic, Who are they to judge if they can take someones life over a bag of green. We need to stop this madness its gone to far.

Anyone up for a jail break, I dont know where we would go to be safe.

An Australian-made documentary exploring the plight of convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby will be shown in the United States. Ganja Queen, produced by Sydney-based documentary maker Janine Hosking and her partner Steve Hopes, was shot during Schapelle Corby's 2005 trial with the full co-operation of the Corby family.

The 112-minute version, which will screen on HBO in the US on August 18 is an international edit, but the full Australian-centric film has not yet been screened here. Billed as "a chilling reminder of the risks all travellers take when visiting countries with vastly different criminal justice systems and cultural mores", The Daily Telegraph understands the film has not been seen by the Corby family.

"It was a self-funded operation and we shot it ourselves with a small amount of archival footage," Mr Hopes said. "We were with the Corbys and their legal teams throughout the process and we got a lot of behind-the-scenes footage. Janine had an agreement that she would not broadcast the film in Australia until all the appeals processes were completed, which they now have been.

"All the Australian networks are interested in the documentary, but we may go with a cinematic release as there has been interest there." Mr Hopes said part of the reason for the delay in its Australian release was to protect deals the Corby family had with A Current Affair and other media outlets.

The film highlights the ineptitude of Corby's defence team's strategies.

Schapelle Corby's sister Mercedes will next week commence defamation proceedings against the Seven Network in the NSW Supreme Court.

Source: News.com.au Top stories | News from Australia and around the world online | News.com.au
Copyright: 2008, The Daily Telegraph
Website: Schapelle Corby film shown in US first | The Daily Telegraph

Back
Top Bottom