Schnookie's Mars Hydro TS-600: Sprout, Veg, Auto 2x2

Schnookie

HEY y'all I finally got the 2x2 tent out of the closet and set up for preparing new plants and keeping the lights on longer for autos. It's obviously not huge so only a few plants at a time, but this works as the 32" tent then becomes my flower tent solely which is what I had planned before being interrupted last year by my son moving in. Of course I'd prefer to have this tent in his closet but I'm just gonna deal with it in my bedroom. With the lower wataget I should be able to keep the tempodows while we're in winter. Gonna need another little fan though.

Will post more soon as it's set up. I've chosen my first few seeds too.
20210207_123052.jpg

The first round of medicine that will be growing here is (thanks to canna connection for the descriptions) :

CREAM MANDARINE XL AUTO: HIGH-YIELDING AND HIGH-FLYING​

Cream Mandarine XL Autoflowering was created by blending a Super Tai '98 elite clone with Cream Mandarine Auto. This resulted in a strain that features robust resin production, refined yet bold flavors, and super-potent effects. Smooth, nutty aromas and spicy tastes are matched perfectly with fresh citrus. With THC yields from 18% to around 23%, it is not false advertising to call this strain potent. This strain produces a classic sativa high—cerebral and engaging.

Cream Mandarine XL Autoflowering is a high-yielding plant; under optimal conditions, expect yields up to 450–650g/m² indoors. This amount is significantly more than its non-XL predecessor. Plants will grow to heights of 110–150cm, with a harvest time of only nine weeks

ZAMALDELICA: THIS MYSTERIOUS 100% SATIVA IS SOMETHING ELSE​

This strain is unique since it derives from Réunion, an island just east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. This island exudes mysterious vibes, and a sativa landrace coined Zamal. When Zamal was pollinated by a Golden Tiger strain, their ganja baby turned into Zamaldelica, a 100% sativa. Sweet carrot and floral fragrances are to be expected after hitting that toke. The highs are quite uplifting and psychedelic.

Zamaldelica grows much like a landrace sativa, best suited for outdoor operations. Vigorous growth is to be expected. The buds land on the fluffy side. This strain finishes its flowering period in about 11-14 weeks, which is definitely a sativa trait. The growth becomes quite bushy, although one needn’t worry about mold because of the fluffy nugs.

GORILLA GLUE AUTOFLOWERING: MAXIMUM POTENCY & RESIN PRODUCTION​

The one, the only, the famed Gorilla Glue! Ask some knowledgeable folks and they will likely tell you that the incredibly potent Gorilla Glue is possibly one of the best hybrids strains that you can grow today – and who’d want to argue? Now let’s take all the GG goodness that has the cannabis world raving like crazy, let’s add autoflowering genetics and what we get is an autoflower that’s nothing short of amazing!

Gorilla Glue Auto will make your mouth water when you get a wiff of her resin-covered buds with their superb pine and sour aromas that she got from her parents. But the “Glue” part in her name doesn’t just stand for her crazy resin production (of course, that’s already great on its own!) but can also stand for her cheerful and very positive effect which is a nice mix of Sativa and Indica, uplifting and relaxing at the same time.

Smoke some more and you may well find yourself glued to your couch in some incredibly deep relaxation. Immensely powerful thanks to an amazing 20-24% of THC!

As if that isn’t enough that you’d really want to grow her, consider that she’s very easy to grow and she does it well indoors, outdoors or in a greenhouse. Just use some big pots (and if we say big we mean it, really, just get the biggest posts you can get!) and you will have a ton of super-sticky and ultra-potent Gorilla Glue awesomeness ready in a short ten weeks!

CHEM BEYOND DIESEL CBD: A FINE BALANCE BETWEEN CBD AND THC​

Chem Beyond Diesel CBD is a CBD-rich strain that strikes a fine balance between the cannabinoids CBD and THC at a ratio of 1:1–1:2. This makes it ideal for users who are looking for high levels of CBD, but still desire moderate amounts of THC for either medicinal or recreational purposes. Chem Beyond Diesel CBD is the result of the crossbreeding of Chemdawg with a member of the Diesel family. The strain is well balanced, featuring 55% indica genetics and 45% sativa genetics.

When smoking the flowers of this strain the user will be greeted by beautiful scents of pepper, spice, lemon, and diesel. Indoor plants put out yields of up to 550g/m². Reared outdoors, a single plant can produce up to 700g.

Autos will remain until they are ready to harvest, but the largest will move to the big trend to grow longer when space runs out here. The Zam will be moved into the big tent when those two plants, blueberry and ice cool, are harvested next month. Hopefully these girls here will be able to fit into them. See my other journal in my sig for that journal.

I ordered a nice smart plug surge protector so I can control the hours with Alexa from my phone line the other tent. Picked up a small desktop oscillating fan too which I hope I can hang upside down when the girls get taller.

1613002423870.png
1613002444391.png

Well, these girls must wanna grow bad! Two of the four are sprouting roots already from soaking in the cups of water. Chem Beyond Diesel (henceforth labelled CBD) is in her final 3 gallon pot and Creme Mandarine XL Auto (CM) just got buried also. Looks like Gorilla Glue will be out tomorrow and potted...and we'll await for Zamdelica...she'll go the longest, so she'll take the longest to get started.

CBD is getting the pink label
20210209_171121.jpg
20210209_183841.jpg

and CM is getting the yellow one
20210209_171113.jpg
20210209_184201.jpg

Z and GG are in moist paper towels tonight and I'll check tomorrow for roots. I know it looks like a fridge, but this is in the closet where the tent is...
20210209_184907.jpg

I also just got the smart plug and fan for the tent from 'Zon this afternoon, so I'll let these two girls prepare in the dark and put them in the tent with the lights on tomorrow once I get it all set up and ready. I may start with a fluorescent so they don't get light shock, but we'll see...

Well, these girls must wanna grow bad! Two of the four are sprouting roots already from 36 hours in the cup of water. Chem Beyond Diesel (henceforth labelled CBD) is in her final 3 gallon pot and Creme Mandarine XL Auto (CM) just got buried also. Looks like Gorilla Glue will be out tomorrow and potted...and we'll await for Zamdelica...she'll go the longest, so she'll take the longest to get started.

CBD is getting the pink label
20210209_171121.jpg
20210209_183841.jpg

and CM is getting the yellow one
20210209_171113.jpg
20210209_184201.jpg

I also just got the smart plug and fan for the tent from 'Zon this afternoon, so I'll let these two girls prepare in the dark and put them in the tent with the lights on tomorrow once I get it all set up and ready. I may start with a fluorescent so they don't get light shock, but we'll see...
Let me know what that smart plug is like. I was thinking about getting a couple..
Great write up by the way :thumb:

Let me know what that smart plug is like. I was thinking about getting a couple..
Great write up by the way :thumb:
I'm already using 2 Alexa smart plugs that I got on deep discount during their introduction. One's for the fish tank light, the other for the big tent. Gotta say they work just great, I can change the time whenever I want. There has been a time or two when they failed to shut off or back on, but I've been here when it happened anyway, and just had to pop the on/off button to get it working again. Was gonna say it's an expensive wall timer, but they didn't actually cost much more than an analog one and these are so much more versatile. I could probably set it for any time on and any amount of time off, but I'm not gonna be that extreme (like 22 hours on, 6 off or something or even 3 days on, 1 day off, etc). I'm hoping the non 'Zon brand works just as well...we'll find out soon enough!

And another one's gone, and another one's gone, another one bites the dust...

Um, no, that's not it..

Er, #3 went into soil today, Gorilla Glue is on her way to super fat auto BUD glory.

20210210_201441.jpg

Oh, HIGH, BTW. Had dinner and a couple beers with my kids tonight which was nice... Haven't seen my daughter since, uh Christmas. My son lives with me, but it was cool to be all together.

The other two haven't popped out of the soil yet, but Zamdelica has a tiny puppy tail starting and I'll put her into soil tomorrow after it stretches some more.

:bongrip::bongrip::blunt::hookah::bong::Rasta::ganjamon::lot-o-toke:

And we are HERE! @Mars Hydro , The day the girls are all above the soil together for the first time. There's been a few hours between them all, but less than a day, so I say let's just call this "sprout" today and veg starts now for the sake of comparison to the breeder's description. I'll calculate that next time, so for now feast your eyes on the new babies:

20210212_183840.jpg

In retroSPECT it's pretty hard to see the bottom two, but they are right there in the middle of their pots.

This tent is literally right beside my bed so the amount of space to set up for exact match pictures is slim. This is close enough. Temps have been low in the area with rain so with a few windows cracked I'm getting pretty nice conditions in the tent.

Clockwise from bottom left is
Zamdelica photo
Cream Mandarin XL auto
Chem Beyond Diesel cbd auto
Gorilla Glue auto

The autos are in their final pots while Zamdelica will get up-potted at least once depending on how lazy I am.

20210213_112505.jpg

They're all out of the soil completely and I've knocked off a few helmets leftover from the seed shell so they're all ready to take over. I'm figuring out my porch garden schedule now too so you'll see a few more sprouts here and there if I can fit them. Some broccoli to start I think.

Today's update. Temps staying nice and steady at 79-80 and rh from 54-60 so not too bad right now.

20210214_151441.jpg

And I'm getting ready to start some spring veggies and realized I can use the wine shipment thingies which look to be able to break down once wet and buried so they'll make good starter pots.

20210214_160301.jpg

They're just starting to put out next set of leaves. I got this light meter last year and didn't really do much with it as I wasn't able to really change the levels anyway. Gonna compare these readings to my phone apps and see if they're accurate.

20210215_164622.jpg

Middle of the tent
20210215_164707.jpg

Left of center
20210215_164714.jpg

Bottom corner where Zamdelica lives (but is about an inch farther away, plus the tent is open and reflected light is not adding here right now) .
20210215_164733.jpg

I haven't checked @Mars Hydro web site to see if I'm getting the expected light levels. These are 21 inches from the top of the felt pots.

They're just starting to put out next set of leaves. I got this light meter last year and didn't really do much with it as I wasn't able to really change the levels anyway. Gonna compare these readings to my phone apps and see if they're accurate.

20210215_164622.jpg

Middle of the tent
20210215_164707.jpg

Left of center
20210215_164714.jpg

Bottom corner where Zamdelica lives (but is about an inch farther away, plus the tent is open and reflected light is not adding here right now) .
20210215_164733.jpg

I haven't checked @Mars Hydro web site to see if I'm getting the expected light levels. These are 21 inches from the top of the felt pots.
How did it compare with the app in your phone mate?

So I'm gonna update every two or three days but still have a photo from every day unless I forget. These are on auto pilot basically for the next week.

Yesterday
20210216_180900.jpg

Today
20210217_201612.jpg

And I'm gonna swap over to this view since it gets a better angle on the plants. Sorry, @Mars Hydro, while this is a grow using your light, the plants are the stars.

:bongrip:

20210217_201712.jpg

Back
Top Bottom