Schwazie, did I do it wrong?

Canachris

let me start by saying I'm not a master grower... but I get by. I read and watched the vids on the extreme defoliation process "schwazing", what got me intrested was it claimed to minimize stretch,and focus the plant on growing buds. So on the day I switched to a 12/12 light cycle i did a massive trim. only to watch my plants give me the finger and grow back with more leaves than I cut off. 21 days later not only did they grow a shit ton of leaves they stretched 22", but I kept with the program and did another massive trim at day 21... well in 10 days they have grown more leaves an my buds don't look any bigger than what I would expect at 4 weeks flw. So did I do it wrong

20210613_065322.jpg

20210613_072359.jpg

20210623_052209.jpg

Plants know how many fan leaves they need, so they replace them when we take off too many. Almost every grower who does a heavy trim remarks at how they don't look any different a week later!

And I don't want my flowering plants to spend any energy growing fan leaves, just buds. Even when I do a post-stretch trim I only take the buds and leave the adjoining fans.

full

I would suggest when your in flower you take a FEW fan leaves every other day nothing heavy in the first2/ 3 weeks.To get the air flow your after .DONT over do it or you might stunt/damage her.I have added 2 weeks to a grow for being
chop happy in flower. Its one of those ps5 or xbox x type questions fans on both sides and results to show it works for
both ways.

i love cleaning off the bottom crap and fan leaves and i pick off leaves that block light to a growing tip bud site..

higher up the plant will try leaving more fan leaves and picking off the lower bud sites and branches below canopy

cheers

Back
Top Bottom